Wedding Woes

::ali::

re: taxes

when you have your kitten, if you will be hiring childcare, you should be able to take pre-tax dollars to help pay for daycare. 

when you do your benefits planning through work, they will likely give you the option of a dependant care spending account. you can have money dedcuted from each paycheck , and depending on how it is managed, the provider is paid directly, or you are reimbursed. 

You can claim up to $5K/year per child/dependant.

Re: ::ali::

• alikatt17alikatt17 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    Thanks! I actually knew this!  Work is very good about getting everyone to reduce their paychecks pre-tax as much as possible.  I already do this with my transit and parking.  WageWorks- holla!   Luckily, we won't need much childcare because DH is a college teacher and therefore works like 15 hours a week.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I so need a kid.

• What Barbie said. That's one of the very few flex spending accounts that is actually worth it as it is soundly cleaned out every year. Not to be nosey, but have you started looking into daycares and checked your short term disability insurance?
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • alikatt17alikatt17 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    Honestly, what we need is a SAHM in our neighborhood (we have two elementary schools that serve just our subdivision- there's bound to be a few willing moms).  DH's class schedule changes semester to semester.  Sometimes, he works 3 days/week all day and sometimes, it's 5 times/week for an hour or two a day.  There may be some family options we could use.  When the kid is a year and half, he/she can go to the hourly daycare at the college for super cheap. 

I have 6 weeks STD disability at 60% plus 4 weeks fully paid maternity and then will be using vacation/sick time.  Basically, I'm taking 5 weeks of STD and then 7 fully paid weeks. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ahh, I know the flexible schedule well. Just make sure you do your homework, visit in person and I'd also suggest looking into/waitlisting for fulltime daycare by the end of first trimester at the latest. waitlists for decent daycare can be insane. Like, 12 years, validation of pregnancy required. You can still look into more flexible options as well. As far as the dropin daycare option, at least in TN, by state law, there are VERY strict limits placed on drop in daycares and the hours per week or even hours per day a child is allowed to stay there. And you still may not want your kitten to spend even 10 minutes there.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ali-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:043f9030-53fb-4922-94c7-a04dcab31513Post:dd39e1b6-0bfe-4e89-be37-1b6ff3aba7b8">Re:::ali::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahh, I know the flexible schedule well. Just make sure you do your homework, visit in person and I'd also suggest looking into/waitlisting for fulltime daycare by the end of first trimester at the latest. <strong>waitlists for decent daycare can be insane.</strong> Like, 12 years, validation of pregnancy required. You can still look into more flexible options as well. As far as the dropin daycare option, at least in TN, by state law, there are VERY strict limits placed on drop in daycares and the hours per week or even hours per day a child is allowed to stay there. And you still may not want your kitten to spend even 10 minutes there.
    Posted by dharmabunny[/QUOTE]
    We put DD on the waitlist at her current school when I was barely 2nd tri (we didn't even know if she was a boy or a girl yet) and she finally managed to snag a spot just after her second birthday.  Dharma speaks the truth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards