Pre-wedding Parties

Long Distance Bridal Shower

So my Mom and I are trying to figure out how to do a bridal shower. I live in Colorado and everyone else for the most part lives in NY. I'm unable to go home before the wedding. Any ideas on how we can still do a shower? I've been thinking a webcam, but I don't know how people would feel about that.

Re: Long Distance Bridal Shower

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only way is to be there.

Where are you getting married?  Could you do the shower a week before the event?
  • edited December 2011

Hi! I'm a Passion Parties Consultant and I  suggest that you have a Passion Party via online chat and by using the website to view the products. I know its not the same and being in a room together and seeing/tasting/touching the products. It will bring you and the party together for an hour or so to have fun. I would be happy to talk to you about it some more if you would like.

Good luck!!

• duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mismoor-no

If you are having the shower IMO either the bride or groom must attend personally.  Webcam is also a no-no.

I was invited to a shower, that was yesterday actually, for a long distance couple.  The groom is a friend of DH's and both MIL and I were invited to shower.  On Thursday we found out that neither the bride nor groom would be in attendance.  We immediately called and said that we were no longer able to attend the shower and we returned the gifts.  Most of the other guests, we heard, also opted not to attend.

IMO, if the bride and groom can't travel to attend, I can't buy a gift and attend the shower.
  • LEESHY09LEESHY09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a lot of out of town guests and a couple of bridesmaids that live thousands of miles away (one of which is my maid of honor). Most of these people will be coming in the weekend before the wedding to help out the week of and visit with FI and myself. Because of this we are having my shower the week of the wedding so most of them can attend. My suggestion to you would be to have the shower the week of as well, because the bride should be present! After all this is for you and not only do you want to be there, but also your guests want you to be there and share the moment with you.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just what every bride wants - a shower with dildos and grandma.
  • edited December 2011
    I would definately say do it the week before... I know it is kinda cutting it close, but you really should be there. That is the best part. Showers are to spend time with people and the guest of honor should really be in attendance in person. If you want to do a "Web-party" beforehand where you get to hang out online before hand and do whatever... totally go for it... why not... but I think the bride should be at the bridal shower... You might end up regretting it if you cant be there...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards