Ohio-Cincinnati

Rehersal Dinner Problems

Ok. So here I am again with RD questions... We are trying to get everything together for the RD, but we keep having problems.  I wanted to pitch them the idea of LaRosa's but FMIL hates them.  Our budget (they are paying) is kinda low, between 12-14 per person.  Everywhere else we looked is either too high, too far away (our rehersal is the Thurs before the wedding, and the time slot we have is 6:30-7:30, so it will be way late by the time we travel too far), or they close at like 9.  Anyone have any  suggestions, that are close? TIA ladies!
~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Rehersal Dinner Problems

• edited December 2011
    Who's paying for the RD?  If you and your FI are paying, then have it at La Rosa's - it's convenient and it fits your budget.  If your ILs are paying, ask them for suggestions.
  • edited December 2011
    We did Deweys from the Normal Chapel, it wasn't too far.  They're really reasonable, we had TONS of leftovers, and it was low key like I wanted.  They don't do liquor, but do have beer.   Alcohol was my only issue-people didn't know we were paying for it, and the waitress had tons of separate checks.  They're open until 10.  Prices include pizza, salad, tip, and soda:
    http://deweyspizza.com/cincinnati/harpers/partyroom
  • ninjette04ninjette04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, IL's are paying, which is where the trouble begins.  Truse me, if we were paying, it wouldn't be an issue haha!  I think we will look into Dewey's thanks for the idea, but we are going over their house Wed, and as of now, I still plan to pitch my idea of LaRosa's, but I'm also going to suggest renting the lodge at our local park and either grilling out, or having Domino's deliver to us.  I have enough to worry about, I figure that if they don't like my suggestions (which they asked for), then they can choose.
    edited December 2011
    Mrs. D ... I'm not good at directions at all, the link you gave me was to the Harper's Point Dewey's, is that far from Spring Grove?
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm....yeah, that is troublesome.

I remember when we were talking about ours and we were having troubles because ILs didn't have any idea what it would cost.  They wanted to pay, they wanted it to be a nice sit down dinner for 30+ people with open bar, and they wanted it to be downtown, but they didn't want to pay more than $500 or so for everything (alcohol included).  Undecided

We ended up lucking out and having a member of their congregation (an organic farmer and chef) offer to cook for our RD for free - ILs just paid for food supplies and wine - but that meant we had to have it up in Lebanon.  The food was FABULOUS (absolutely fantastic) but it was a totally craptastic drive from downtown Cincincinnati up to Lebanon and back. 
  • edited December 2011

It's about a 20 minute drive, but most of our people (except the two KY folks) lived up there.  I was really pleased with how it went though. 

You could say, 'why don't we just go to (insert chain restaurant here), but wait.  A $10 entree, drinks and appetizers, wow, that would be too much.'  Some people don't have a great idea of how much things cost.  While the lodge might work as well, I knew I didn't want anyone to be responsible for clean up afterwards.  If you do a grill out, think of all the preps.  The condiments, the bread, who is cooking, plates, keeping drinks cold.... is it really something you want to deal with before the wedding? 

Good luck!

edited December 2011
    No, not really, but I'm afraid it might be the only compromise.  Oh well.  I think that I am to the point that (even though they asked us for what WE wanted)... I am just going to give them my ideas, and let them choose.  :-) What else can ya do??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards