Not Engaged Yet

Intro

Hi ladies! I've lurked on this board for a long time, even before I got engaged but, never posted.

A bit about me- My name is Brittney, I'm a registered nurse (obviously). My FI's name is Brison.

We're getting married on 10/1312.

We have one furbaby, who is absolutely the love of my life (sorry FI)

We're obviously HUGE Packers fans.

We got Boswell (we didn't pick the name) from a couple who was moving and couldn't take care of him anymore. They kept him in a cage for 12+ hours a day, so now I spend my time trying to get him to lose weight so his hips don't hurt as bad anymore.

ETA: A little more about me- I have diagnosed OCD, which makes wedding planning ridiculous for me, because I am a worst case scenario kind of person. I already have a plan for if I lose my passport on my honeymoon. I am sacrcastic 100%, which makes it hard for me to have friends who get offended easily. I seriously need a filter. And pretty much my only talent is that I'm awesome at word searches. Sad, but it's the only thing Imd good at.

Right now, I'm enjoying a 13 day vacation from work! FI is watching WWE and I'm bored.

Anybody dong anything interesting tonight?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Intro

• Your furbaby is SO cute! I can't wait till BF and I move in together and can get a furbaby of our own :)

I'm not doing anything interesting tonight. I will probably make some tea and read a book at some point. Until then I'm trying to decide on what type of cupcakes I should make on Thursday.

Tell me more about yourself! What do you like to do in your spare time? Have you read Harry Potter (or at least seen the movies)?

• Thank you! Do you know what you two will get when you move in together? FI and I actually don't live together yet, so he stays with him, but I'm here 5-6 days a week.

I feel like I don't have any spare time, which is awful. I work 12 hour night shifts, and I'm so used to that schedule, that I'm usually up all night and sleep during the days. So, my spare time is usually spent watching crappy late night television. FI and I like to go on short days trips or to see any kind of sporting event.

I have not yet read Harry Potter, though I have seen some of the movies. I am looking for a good read while on vacation, so myabe I'll download them on my iPad!
  • Oh, and I vote red velvet cupcakes. I can't bake, or cook, or anything related, but I love them.
  • Welcome! Love your shoe siggy! AND: Happy Nurses Week! :)

Whereabouts in the DC area do you live? My last real vacation was out there, and I loved every minute.

Read any good books lately? What sorts of adult beverages do you enjoy (if any)? Do you like squirrels? Do you have a favorite punctuation mark?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

• melmac86melmac86 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Hi! I just had to chime in and say that being from WI glad to hear you love the Packers : I got to go to my first game this past season and it was awesome! Love your puppy! Im an RN also, but luckily found a job without the crazy hours; props to you for being able to do it. Update: im on the mobile site and pretty sure the punctuation sucks. Nothing fun going on here tonight. Boo :
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:f6e656e2-9d08-4631-a8f7-9ec8b1ec3566">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you! Do you know what you two will get when you move in together? FI and I actually don't live together yet, so he stays with him, but I'm here 5-6 days a week. I feel like I don't have any spare time, which is awful. I work 12 hour night shifts, and I'm so used to that schedule, that I'm usually up all night and sleep during the days. So, my spare time is usually spent watching crappy late night television. FI and I like to go on short days trips or to see any kind of sporting event. I have not yet read Harry Potter, though I have seen some of the movies. I am looking for a good read while on vacation, so myabe I'll download them on my iPad!
    Posted by BrittneyRN[/QUOTE]

Ideally, we would like to get a lab.

You definitely should read Harry Potter. I love it! Hunger Games is a good read too and I just started reading the Divergent series which is pretty much blowing my mind with its awesome-ness! (Yes, I am a book nerd).

Also, red velvet cupcakes do sound good...I might have to add them to my list of options!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:2c950b42-8cc9-4513-92f4-ff6b9eb45ae0">Re:Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im an RN also, but luckily found a job without the crazy hours; props to you for being able to do it.
    Posted by melmac86[/QUOTE]
    Same. I got lucky and got a job as a research nurse, so we work four ten hour days, only Monday through Friday from 6:30 to 4:30. I'm so happy to be clinic-based instead of hospital-based.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:c72d501a-450e-4c30-a75c-bf5be5f50663">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Ideally, we would like to get a lab. You definitely should read Harry Potter. I love it! Hunger Games is a good read too and<strong> I just started reading the Divergent series which is pretty much blowing my mind with its awesome-ness!</strong> (Yes, I am a book nerd). Also, red velvet cupcakes do sound good...I might have to add them to my list of options!
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Yay, Beth! I'm rereading Divergent right now before I move onto Insurgent.

Welcome Brittney!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:8af0f122-1b42-4cf9-a15c-89a0077613a2">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Yay, Beth!<strong> I'm rereading Divergent right now before I move onto Insurgent.</strong> Welcome Brittney!
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

It's SO good! It took me day to read it, I just couldn't put it down. I've just started Insurgent and I'm hoping it will be just as good :D

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:3f791db5-1a83-4bde-853c-7abaf6f12a46">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! Love your shoe siggy! AND: Happy Nurses Week! :) Whereabouts in the DC area do you live? My last real vacation was out there, and I loved every minute. Read any good books lately? What sorts of adult beverages do you enjoy (if any)? Do you like squirrels? Do you have a favorite punctuation mark?
    Posted by melizabethp[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks!

I actually don't live anywhere near DC. I live in Western MD, but there are pretty much no big cities where I'm from, so it defaulted to DC. Actually, Baltimore is closer.

I, sadly, have not read any good books lately. I need to now that it's summer. In winter, I kind of hybernate and sleep all the time. That's so awful, but true.

When I do drink, I like amaretto sours. I hardly ever do though. My FI has never had any alcohol, so we're not often in places where we would drink. I haven't rally drank much since my college years, but I will let loose at my bachelorette party.

I am a huge animal lover, so I actually do like squirrels. I'm the hard core pull over on the side of the road and try to help any animal I see wandering around. I literally chased a dog for 2 hours in the rain the other day trying to feed him.

My favorite punctuation mark is (!), which is weird for, because in real life I'm not the overly bubbly person.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:2c950b42-8cc9-4513-92f4-ff6b9eb45ae0">Re:Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I just had to chime in and say that being from WI glad to hear you love the Packers : I got to go to my first game this past season and it was awesome! Love your puppy! Im an RN also, but luckily found a job without the crazy hours; props to you for being able to do it. Update: im on the mobile site and pretty sure the punctuation sucks. Nothing fun going on here tonight. Boo :
    Posted by melmac86[/QUOTE]

We LOVE the Packers! We try to make it up to Lambeau once a year to see a game, but couldn't this year because of the wedding. Isn't it amazing?

My puppy is my heart, I know it's awful, but sometimes I literally think, how will I ever love a child more than I love my dog? I know I will though.

I hate the crazy hours! But, working 12 hour shifts is nice when I can schedule such long vacations and only use 4 personal days. I'd love to have a job in the cath lab, and work M-F, but FI works night shift also, so it kinda works out.

What do you do as a nurse?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:c72d501a-450e-4c30-a75c-bf5be5f50663">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Ideally, we would like to get a lab. You definitely should read Harry Potter. I love it! Hunger Games is a good read too and I just started reading the Divergent series which is pretty much blowing my mind with its awesome-ness! (Yes, I am a book nerd). Also, red velvet cupcakes do sound good...I might have to add them to my list of options!

I may be biased, but labs are amazing. Bo is a 5 year old chcolate lab. He's so sweet and cuddly, but still fun to play with. We go on a mile run/walk everyday, so it's awesome I can exercise with him.

When something happens to him (ugh, break my heart) we're going to try to adopt from a lab rescue. I know they have super strict policies, but I do feel like I am a great dog mom! I show pictures of him more than people show pictures of their babies. I'm sure it's really annoying.

I'm a book nerd too, but usually do light reading. I know I need to read the Hunger Games, but I am such an impatient person, that I looked it up and ruined it for myself, But, then again, I'M the kind of person who reads the last page of a book first.

Red velvelt is amaze-balls.....and I'm so not an icing person, but I will lick the cream cheese icing off everytime.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:f000581e-d2c5-4a0f-acbd-cd17527911da">Re:Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Intro : Same. I got lucky and got a job as a research nurse, so we work four ten hour days, only Monday through Friday from 6:30 to 4:30. I'm so happy to be clinic-based instead of hospital-based.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Jealous. There are zero opportunities for anything like that in my area. My FI might choose to relocate sometime in the next few years, so it would be fun to see what else I can do. Don't get me wonr,g I love hospital nursing, but there's only so many times you can get punched/spit on by someone in alcohol withdrawal before it gets a little old.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:8af0f122-1b42-4cf9-a15c-89a0077613a2">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Yay, Beth! I'm rereading Divergent right now before I move onto Insurgent. Welcome Brittney!
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I googled the books, and they look really good! I should probably take it on now while I have time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:abd3dcb3-70b2-48dd-be5a-788d75bb6b5a">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : I may be biased, but labs are amazing. Bo is a 5 year old chcolate lab. He's so sweet and cuddly, but still fun to play with. We go on a mile run/walk everyday, so it's awesome I can exercise with him. When something happens to him (ugh, break my heart) we're going to try to adopt from a lab rescue. I know they have super strict policies, but I do feel like I am a great dog mom! I show pictures of him more than people show pictures of their babies. I'm sure it's really annoying. I'm a book nerd too, but usually do light reading. I know I need to read the Hunger Games, but I am such an impatient person, that I looked it up and ruined it for myself, <strong>But, then again, I'M the kind of person who reads the last page of a book first.</strong> Red velvelt is amaze-balls.....and I'm so not an icing person, but I will lick the cream cheese icing off everytime.

Haha...I always have to force myself not to!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:0f38906b-7ee1-48e2-b0b3-bf14d36203d6">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Haha...I always have to force myself not to!

I feel like I owe it to myself to not get into a book that has a crappy ending. And I NEED a happy ending. That's why I can't watch any of those movies like The Vow or Dear John or what not.

Actually, I have a super short attention span, so if it's not funny or scary, I'm not interested.
  • I think you would like The Hunger Games then. It has a pretty quick pace and keeps your attention pretty well. It's not really a happy story though...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:95d338c6-04a6-478f-a251-c8e8c1c891ca">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you would like The Hunger Games then. It has a pretty quick pace and keeps your attention pretty well. It's not really a happy story though...

Did you see the movie? I'm just wondering if it lived up to the book. I generally have a rule that if I've read the book, I don't watch the movie.
  • I did see the movie. I almost always think the book is better than the movie...The Hunger Games is one of the exceptions. Honestly, the writing in HG isn't anything spectacular, the story is what makes it really good. IMO the movie did a better job telling the story than the book did.

• I'm on day 2 of reading Insurgent (book 2 in the Divergent series) and I'm half-way through. I freaking LOVE this series! Read it. You won't be sorry. And welcome!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• This series looks great. It's on my to read list.

Welcome Brittney!

Anniversary

• RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Welcome Brittney!  Any big plans for your vacation?  If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?

Also, there are enough people here raving about this Divergent Series, I might have to look into it.  :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:f8ccf616-dd40-419e-a15e-979b351e1372">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm on day 2 of reading Insurgent (book 2 in the Divergent series) and I'm half-way through. I freaking LOVE this series! Read it. You won't be sorry. And welcome!
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:b966f183-121e-4221-bd3f-4672495fef3b">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]This series looks great. It's on my to read list. Welcome Brittney!
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:4e21cdb4-3c8e-4896-b86b-0405dbe3b9bf">Re:Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Intro : We LOVE the Packers! We try to make it up to Lambeau once a year to see a game, but couldn't this year because of the wedding. Isn't it amazing? My puppy is my heart, I know it's awful, but sometimes I literally think, how will I ever love a child more than I love my dog? I know I will though. I hate the crazy hours! But, working 12 hour shifts is nice when I can schedule such long vacations and only use 4 personal days. I'd love to have a job in the cath lab, and work M-F, but FI works night shift also, so it kinda works out. What do you do as a nurse?

Packer games at Lambeau have a crazy, awesome vibe. I loved it. juuust a little bit too cold by the time the end of November is here, though. After a while, everything becomes so numb that it doesn't even hurt anymore :)

I've done the relationship thing with working different shifts and it definitely sucks sometimes, so it's nice that you and your FI work the same schedule.

I'm an RN case manager. Basically, I assist in managing all health related things for people who live in their own homes (I do have some people in nursing homes and CBRFs also). I really like it. It's less hands-on work as in, I'm not providing wound care or dealing with IVs. It's more head-to-toe physical assessment and education related to disease process and management.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ded9294b-d028-470f-9f79-154585997f47Post:f275acb3-bdee-4b7b-a1c5-e83a4a2e5295">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome Brittney!  Any big plans for your vacation?  If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go? Also, there are enough people here raving about this Divergent Series, I might have to look into it.  :)
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

My next vacation will be my honeymoon! We're going to Secrets Maroma Beach in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. If I could travel anywhere tomorrow, it would be to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. My family is on a vacation there now, and I turned it down so I could stay home and watch their animals. Now I wish wish I wouldn't have! It's my favorite place on Earth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards