Christian Weddings

Boudoir Shoot

So my friend and I got Groupons to go to a Boudiour photo shoot and it was so much fun! I got there and felt so awkard when they asked what I do, like "yeah, I'm a youth pastor..." and then I discovered they were all Christian and their mission statement was to help women feel sexy for their husbands and encouraging marriages that way. It was so cool! 

Anyone else done anything like that? What's the most riskay thing you've done in prep for your honeymoon? 
PostCeremony-131.1

Re: Boudoir Shoot

• I don't know that I could ever do a boudoir shoot. I am already awkward in front of cameras.

I bought a bikini for my honeymoon. My first one ever, and I felt so sexy for my husband! :)
  • I did a boudoir shoot and gave the book of photos to my husband for a wedding present. He enjoyed them ;)

We are technically going on our "honeymoon" tomorrow ... Hawaii! As far as risque prep, I suppose the most "scandalous" thing I've done to prepare for it is get a leg and Brazillian wax. I've also been working out and eatng well so I can do all of the physical activity and look good on the beach.
  • I want to do one of these as a 1 year anniversary present. I would have loved to do them for a wedding present but couldn't afford it financially. Glad you had such a good time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's not my thing...at all. But that is super cool that it's a Christian organization!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_boudoir-shoot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ce5e4728-d320-49bf-9849-60673f0649aaPost:b97e8460-4b2d-483a-845d-510eb61a502d">Re: Boudoir Shoot</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did a boudoir shoot and gave the book of photos to my husband for a wedding present. He enjoyed them ;) We are technically going on our "honeymoon" tomorrow ... Hawaii! As far as risque prep, I suppose the most "scandalous" thing I've done to prepare for it is get a leg and <strong>Brazillian wax</strong>. I've also been working out and eatng well so I can do all of the physical activity and look good on the beach.
    Posted by agape1cor813[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I've toyed with that idea but I don't think I'm brave enough lol. </div>
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • I did a boudoir. My photographer is a Christian and she also happens to be one of my best friends. So, I didn't feel as awkward as I thought I would.
    But, now I can't afford the album and will have to wait until his birthday.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_boudoir-shoot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ce5e4728-d320-49bf-9849-60673f0649aaPost:2484a001-ccdf-446a-a7af-deffd85b1114">Re: Boudoir Shoot</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boudoir Shoot : I've toyed with that idea but I don't think I'm brave enough lol. 
    Posted by RebeccaJac[/QUOTE]

this is how I am about Brazilian waxes too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the same views about the Brazillian... toying with the idea but too scared to actually just do it! Lol
  • I promise y'all the brazilian waxes aren't that bad.  I've considered doing the boudoir album but haven't really looked into it yet.  I think it'd be a great gift for my FI on our wedding day or first anniversary.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Yeah, no waxes here either. For one, it's money that I feel like I'd have to repeatedly spend for upkeep and all that. And for two, OWWW.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • I planning on doing the boudoir shoot! Cannot wait!

As far as sexy prep, the wax isn't happening. I have really sensitive skin and bleed even when I get my eyebrows waxed by a "good waxer".

I've already started buying sexy lingerie for the honeymoon, a really fun bikini, and I'm trying to stick to my diet so I look good in both of those, lol!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • So I told FI I had a surprise for him and for some reason he guessed "butt tattoo" and was convinced it was the real surprise. I was laughing so hard and how ridiculous that guess was and he took that to confirm that he was correct. 

I am planning on getting lingire too, just waiting to see what I get at my personal shower :) I still feel awkward buying it, even thought it's totally kosher now!
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    that's awesome!!

i'm doing a boudoir shoot as well but as a gift for my man after our honeymoon.  my wedding photographer is doing the shoot and she knows i'm a virgin so she is excited for me!

and as for risque: i've become obsessed with lingerie!!  i've got a box full that i'm dying to wear for my husband:)  i also got back into yoga (interpret that how you want!) and am dilligently maintaining my 'bikini area'.
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_boudoir-shoot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ce5e4728-d320-49bf-9849-60673f0649aaPost:0ea948fe-600b-4059-b3f2-6531672b61b4">Re: Boudoir Shoot</a>:
    [QUOTE] I still feel awkward buying it, even thought it's totally kosher now!
    Posted by RebeccaJac[/QUOTE]<div>We've almost been married a year and I STILL feel awkward buying it.  The other awkward issue is having to go to the "family planning" aisle at wal-mart for lube, etc.  The pharmacist is one of our deacons and sits RIGHT in front of that aisle.  I've done 3 or 4 laps around the store just waiting for him to move.  </div><div>
    </div><div>The only other place in town to buy it is a smaller pharmacy where <strong><em>every </em></strong>employee attends our church.  At least wal-mart has self-checkout.</div><div>
    </div><div>I've half thought about Boudoir pics, but I'm terrified they'll end up where they're not supposed to be.  We have the youth group over once a week during the summer, and I'd be afraid one of them would find it (even though the group would never leave the living room and the pics would never leave the bedroom) or they'd fall out of a box the next time we move.  Terrified.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_boudoir-shoot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ce5e4728-d320-49bf-9849-60673f0649aaPost:71b0ec0d-3c1b-45d1-9cce-bdff2b6d4f68">Re: Boudoir Shoot</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boudoir Shoot : We've almost been married a year and I STILL feel awkward buying it.  The other awkward issue is having to go to the "family planning" aisle at wal-mart for lube, etc.  The pharmacist is one of our deacons and sits RIGHT in front of that aisle.  I've done 3 or 4 laps around the store just waiting for him to move.   The only other place in town to buy it is a smaller pharmacy where every employee attends our church.  At least wal-mart has self-checkout. I've half thought about Boudoir pics, but I'm terrified they'll end up where they're not supposed to be.  We have the youth group over once a week during the summer, and I'd be afraid one of them would find it (even though the group would never leave the living room and the pics would never leave the bedroom) or they'd fall out of a box the next time we move.  Terrified.
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Haha, well, I only got three printed, so hopefully that will minimize that. I did adamantly request that they do not show the pics anywhere (website etc) because I couldn't imagine a youth student discovering them online! </div><div>
    </div><div>I also thought I was going to get FI in trouble because I looked at the website on his computer and his friend gets an accountability report. I was dreading saying "oh yeah, that was me. Don't worry about it"!! Thankfully, that hasn't happened yet! </div><div>
    </div><div>I feel the same way about the family planning stuff... it took me forever to get over buying tampons. I think FI will be the one shopping for those items... :)</div>
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_boudoir-shoot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ce5e4728-d320-49bf-9849-60673f0649aaPost:71b0ec0d-3c1b-45d1-9cce-bdff2b6d4f68">Re: Boudoir Shoot</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boudoir Shoot : We've almost been married a year and I STILL feel awkward buying it.  The other awkward issue is having to go to the "family planning" aisle at wal-mart for lube, etc.  The pharmacist is one of our deacons and sits RIGHT in front of that aisle.  I've done 3 or 4 laps around the store just waiting for him to move.   The only other place in town to buy it is a smaller pharmacy where every employee attends our church.  At least wal-mart has self-checkout. I've half thought about Boudoir pics, but <strong>I'm terrified they'll end up where they're not supposed to be</strong>.  We have the youth group over once a week during the summer, and I'd be afraid one of them would find it (even though the group would never leave the living room and the pics would never leave the bedroom) or they'd fall out of a box the next time we move.  Terrified.
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This is how I feel. My photographer (who is also one of my best friends) suggested I let her do a boudoir shoot for me and I said NO WAYYYY. I am a teacher and if they ever got into the wrong hands, I could lose my job. SO I didn't even think about that idea. Haha</div>
  • DH has actually told me that he would not like boudoir pics of me!  I thought that was odd, but he said he was just too worried they'd fall into the wrong hands or something.

For HM prep I bought lingerie.  Lots and lots of lingerie.  In many colors and styles, lol.  I ordered all of it online.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • If i do a shoot like that i could have my friend Jen do it for me we've known each other long enough ... And I held her dress up for her at her wedding so she could pee... We can handle that ...

Just a reminder the semi annual sale is coming up in July at Victorias Secret... best time to go ... And the bridal stuff will probably be on sale ... just sayin .. :)
    Love is All You Need
  • oh heavens.  I really haven't done anything like that.  No boudoir pics, no waxing.  The idea of a Brazilian wax absolutely terrifies me.  DH buys lingere for me to wear.  The closest thing to risque I've done is buy lacier bras and underwear that actually match.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I've been thinking about doing boudoir pics, I hope to do them in the next year.  We'll see... my priority is finding a photographer I'm comfortable with.  Our wedding photographer was great but he was kind of a burly dude, and was a guy I knew from high school.  It would be weird, although I'm sure he'd be professional - still strange.

Re: waxing, I wax all the time... I do it myself because it's cheaper ($6-8 for the at home stuff) than getting it done at the salon ($30-40) and I can do it whenever I want with no appointment.  I don't go full Brazilian though, something about it just seems awkward to me like I'd look like I'm 11 or something.

To prep for the honeymoon I waxed and bought one lingerie piece.  My H bought the wedding night lingerie and some girlfriends got me some stuff that I took on the HM.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_boudoir-shoot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ce5e4728-d320-49bf-9849-60673f0649aaPost:0b7175f1-9b58-4b6e-82c8-610c7857abf3">Re: Boudoir Shoot</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been thinking about doing boudoir pics, I hope to do them in the next year.  We'll see... my priority is finding a photographer I'm comfortable with.  Our wedding photographer was great but he was<strong> kind of a burly dude</strong>, and was a guy I knew from high school.  It would be weird, although I'm sure he'd be professional - still strange. Re: waxing, I wax all the time... I do it myself because it's cheaper ($6-8 for the at home stuff) than getting it done at the salon ($30-40) and I can do it whenever I want with no appointment.  I don't go full Brazilian though, something about it just seems awkward to me like I'd look like I'm 11 or something. To prep for the honeymoon I waxed and bought one lingerie piece.  My H bought the wedding night lingerie and some girlfriends got me some stuff that I took on the HM.
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I could NEVER do these with a guy! FI would kill me! Part of mine was the women making you feel like there was no one sexier on earth (which was a really good feeling!) and I feel like if a guy other than my husband was doing that, we'd have issues! </div>
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • I'm marrying a Baptist preacher and I just don't feel like boudoir is something I would consider. I think it would embarrass us both to be honest. In my opinion and my opinion alone, I find it shameful...I just wouldn't want anyone besides FI to see me like that...I would also be afraid in 20 years my children would find the photos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did b-pics as my wedding gift to H. I was so nervous leading up to it, but it ended up being a great experience. I had so much fun and the pictures turned out amazing. The photographer I used has an onsite hair and makeup artist so everything looked professional.

I ordered the pics in a book, that's kept in a box in H's bedside table. I highly doubt anyone will ever go snooping through our bed side drawers, and if they do well they're in for a surprise! LOL I'm very modest compared to a lot of the girls I know, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if the pictures fell into the wrong hands. Heck all guys have to do is pick up a copy of Maxim, GQ, or Stuff and they'll see the same type of pictures. Considering b-pics aren't fully nude, it's not as scandalous as "nekked pics".

For those of you on the fence I say GO FOR IT! You'll be sooooo glad you did and your H will be too ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards