Michigan-Detroit

Question about hair/makeup

I really want to have on-site hair/makeup and was going to use Duex Adore but they never emailed me back after saying they were "out of town" and would get back to me weeks ago... so back to the drawing board!

I checked the sticky post for reviews of Bridal Beauty on Location but only found 2 reviews - one awful and one really good. Has anyone else used this company that can give me some input?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: Question about hair/makeup

• edited December 2011
    I didn't use them, but I've heard good things about Deux Adore.  I'd e-mail them back... your email may have gotten lost in the shuffle of all the things they needed to get done when they got back into town.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP.  I e-mailed a month ago and heard that one of them just had a baby so things were a little chaotic

ETA:  They also said they weren't making any new bookings until closer to the new year since they were still finalizing their 2011 schedule.
  • lndskellylndskelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can totally understand how one email can get lost but I did send a follow-up email a week ago which they have not responded to. I feel it's too unprofessional of them for me to want to continue to pursue their service...
    Anniversary
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lindsay, give them some time. I just booked with them, and the makeup artist (Jen) is VERY pregnant, and due any day (that was as of last Friday). Her sister Stephanie, who does the hairstyling, isn't involved in the emailing part of their company.

Not sure where you live, but Stephanie does hair at Bianchi's in Royal Oak. I made appointments a few months ago with her for my daughter and myself, and we've been back once again already. She does a great job on cut & coloring, and I think once you have a chance to speak to her face to face, she'll make sure she talks to her sister and they'll try to get back with you.

I know this seems unprofessional, but since it is a 2 person business, and the one who pretty much runs the business is WAY pregnant, and may have had her baby already, hopefully you can cut them some slack. Not sure if they are booked for your wedding date, but they also have a Facebook page, and may have their schedule up there or online. Not sure. Our wedding is just under 9 months away and they were available.

Good luck. If you don't have any success with them, I would understand going elsewhere. I know people have been very happy with other vendors as well.
  • Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also e-mailed duex adore and it took a while for her to get back with me.  She said she was excepting and wasn't booking anymore appts at that time.  Alex Adams from  I make you up has gotten good reviews.  But they don't do hair.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • japow1984japow1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Brides on Location, LLC and was extremely happy with my hair and airbrush makeup for my trial on the shower day and on my wedding day. They were always really great with communication and they were just awesome to have around on the day of the wedding.

bridesonlocation.weebly.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm the owner of a small business too and honestly there is no excuse (not even pregnancy) for not responding to emails. Her baby is NO surprise to her so they should have been prepared at least with an automatic email that says "Sorry we can't respond to emails right now, I've just had a baby". When they did email me back they said they were emailing from their phone but would send me all the information the next day. Never happened. They should have told me then that they were too busy to book right now.

BUT the original purpose of my post, as I mentioned, was to find out about Bridal Beauty on Location, not to have people try to convince me that I should let an unprofessional company have any part in my wedding. 

Anniversary
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_question-hairmakeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:1cf230a7-e296-430f-96a5-39315fa21f10Post:a934e6c0-3465-4bc7-b24e-5a83b4d00b5a">Re: Question about hair/makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm the owner of a small business too and honestly there is no excuse (not even pregnancy) for not responding to emails. Her baby is NO surprise to her so they should have been prepared at least with an automatic email that says "Sorry we can't respond to emails right now, I've just had a baby". When they did email me back they said they were emailing from their phone but would send me all the information the next day. Never happened. They should have told me then that they were too busy to book right now. <strong>BUT the original purpose of my post, as I mentioned, was to find out about Bridal Beauty on Location, not to have people try to convince me that I should let an unprofessional company have any part in my wedding. 
    </strong>Posted by lndskelly[/QUOTE]

In your original post, you were negative towards the vendor and there are many people here with positive experiences who are likely to defend them.  You don't have to use them, but you also can't dictate how people are going to respond.  Just saying.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Bridal Beauty on Location.

However, I did have two girls come to my home for hair and make-up.  They were referred to me by another Knottie -- they are still in cosmetology school, but their prices were less than half of what a lot of the other companies charge.  And they did an amazing job and I wouldn't hesitate to refer them.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • MSUbride2011MSUbride2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get upset when people don't get back with me quickly. I think working at a desk during the day and expecting people to respond as quickly as you are gets me thinking in that mode!

I hope it works out for you. I know I am looking into The MakeUp Loft in Canton.

204 image Ready to party with us!
    84 image Will be Dancing the night away!
    20 image Won't be having any fun
    100 image Got Lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_question-hairmakeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:1cf230a7-e296-430f-96a5-39315fa21f10Post:bae40f7b-9870-4fc5-bb07-5b014cfafc67">Re: Question about hair/makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get upset when people don't get back with me quickly. I think working at a desk during the day and expecting people to respond as quickly as you are gets me thinking in that mode! I hope it works out for you. I know I am looking into The MakeUp Loft in Canton.
    Posted by MSUbride2011[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the info! I really like the photos they have up on their website and I think I'll give them a call for a trial run!</div><div>
    </div><div>And yeah, I answer emails/phone calls within 12 hours for my job so when I don't get a response after a few weeks it burns me up...</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards