Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

I feel stupid even asking this....

So we are playing on doing the traditional bouquet and garter toss and our wedding, but i'm still unsure about what happens to them after the toss....

Does the person who catches your bouquet and garter give it back to you?

(I'm getting the garter personalized and would like to preserve the flowers, and I really don't have enough $ in the budget to buy 2 of each.)
"There are three things that remain - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I feel stupid even asking this....

• Nope, they keep it. Florists sometimes offer a "toss" bouquet at a discount just for that reason though.
    My vote is, if you like them, skip the toss. No-one will miss it!
  • Get a little throwaway bouquet, it doesn't have to as big and fancy as your bouquet and you don't have to spend much. And you can definitely find a super cheap garter for the toss. The people who catch it get to keep it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_feel-stupid-even-asking-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:17e68839-a80b-4bd1-bf1b-e4417a44def6Post:824b9f62-ee61-4955-b1a6-2705162342d0">Re: I feel stupid even asking this....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Get a little throwaway bouquet, it doesn't have to as big and fancy as your bouquet and you don't have to spend much. And you can definitely find a super cheap garter for the toss. The people who catch it get to keep it.
    Posted by MissyCee[/QUOTE]

This is what we did.  Our florist provided a toss bouquet free of charge.  It was sitting at our table when we came in to the reception, and I just grabbed it for the toss.  My real bouquet was preserved too. 
    As for the garter, we bought a cheap one to be the toss garter, so we could keep my real one if wanted.  We actually got a Navy one from DB because H is in the Navy.  But then H forget the garter in his jacket when we returned it anyways so it was pointless.  However, after wearing my garter all day in the heat, I can only imagine it didn't smell too fresh, so I'm glad we didn't toss it. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • You could also get a nice personalized garter and then a real cheapy that matches. You can wear both, the nice one on top and then the other below so FI can take that one off.

As for the bouquet . . like the girls have said ask the florist about a toss or get some silk flowers 50% off at Hobby Lobby and make one up really quick. It doesn't have to be fancy at all.
  • MOst people have two bouquets and two garters.  They have a toss garter and a toss bouquet so they can keep the real thing.   A lot of garters are sold in packs of two with a fancy one and a plain one.  You wear both and throw one.  My florist made me a toss bouquet that was complimentary.  Before you sign your floral contract, tell them you want a toss bouquet for free. Most will do it.  It's just a really small simply tied bouquet for the toss.  
  • Thanks so much for the help ladies!!! I never would have thought to ask the florist about one, and i'm sure no one will notice if I buy a cheap garter somewhere else.
    "There are three things that remain - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't even wear the toss garter.  We brought it to the reception site with all our stuff the day before, and they had it waiting for us in the bridal room.  When we got there H just stuck it in his pocket. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I just got a fake throw-away bouquet at a craft store for around $15.
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards