Wedding Etiquette Forum

Ugh. My fault, but still complaining

13»

Re: Ugh. My fault, but still complaining

• Dude sites like Priceline are awesome when everything goes well, but they can be a bitch to work with if you need to switch things up. When FI's grandmother died last year two days before our vacation Hotwire and the hotel wouldn't budge. We ended up losing a night in downtown St. Louis because they wouldn't move our reservation for a day because of a freaking death in the family.

And besides when you're dressed up, I think the el would be completely fine to use from the airport. It's soooooo convient compared to driving IMO. I remember driving into downtown at night once and screaming at the top of my lungs because people were going 90 miles an hour and I didn't know where I was going. NOT a fun and relaxing experience.
  • edited April 2011
    I would suggest giving Priceline another call. A couple years ago, my fiance booked us a hotel on Priceline and picked the wrong dates. An entirely different weekend! Totally his fault, and when I first called Priceline, they said they couldn't do anything. I tried again though and managed to get someone who was able to help me. They cancelled our reservation and put a "hold" on a certain about of money. The hold was released as soon as we rebooked though. So it might be worth giving them another call. Regardless, I'm sure you'll have a great trip! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards