Wedding Party
Options

So glad not to deal with this!

So I signed out of my email and then saw the following article on MSN.  After reading it, it made me appreciate how bad bridal parties can be, and how, even with the drama I've had, mine comes nothing close, and how lucky I am.

So here's hoping none of us have BMs like these!

http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/article.aspx?cp-documentid=24375081&Gt1=32023
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: So glad not to deal with this!

• Options
    Honestly, except for the first couple paragraphs it sounds like problems caused by the bride.
  • Options
    I hate articles like this.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I like how they reference titles of posts on the knot but nothing about how it's usually really a bride or friendship problem.
  • Options
    Seriously.  I just hate that articles like this give beebee brides ammo to think that they are entitled to have friends put their lives on hold while they get married, to be at their beck and call for every wedding 'emergency'...it makes me sad.  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I read the article, wow, some bridesmaids are terrible, cutting off $300 dresses and one yelling at brother to not get married?  No words
  • Options
    I saw this article in Marie Claire a couple months ago and mentioned it on here, that these were probably all the girls that came here seeking validation.  I think it was Aerin that said it may be author who came around here a few months before that asking for awful BM stories, and everyone told her to scram.
  • Options
    Saxy, I remember that reporter and wondered the same thing.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    All I can say is that if my so-called friends charged my card for their hotel rooms and pay-per-view movies, they would no longer be friends and would be paying me back every penny.
  • Options
    I think that if you agree to be a bridesmaid, you accept the fact that you may have a bridezilla on your hands, but if she's really a friend you love, you'll know when to put your foot down or grin and bare it. If you can't handle it, then don't accept and be a b*tch later. Bridezilla's are bad enough, but only you can chose your own behavior.

I'm not talking about anyone here, btw. That's just my opinion. A demanding bride doesn't excuse a bm's own catty behavior.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, that's almost certainly the reporter who was snooping around here a while ago.  I'm pretty sure that's the same name.

What an awful article. 
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards