Honeymoon Discussions

Period Paranoia Planning

Hi guys! Should i start working out when my period will be or do any planning yet? I am on Yasmine BC. Wed date is 26.02.2011

Re: Period Paranoia Planning

• If you're on the pill you can always skip your period. Then you don't have to plan so far in advance. When you get to the end of a pack skip the week of sugar pills and immediately start a new pack. You may still have some spotting, but I've done this before without any problems at all.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_period-paranoia-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:a5b79604-56aa-4bfe-a79c-3ef45ad8dc6ePost:f6dfffc3-d999-490a-b2fe-c6bedef873dd">Re: Period Paranoia Planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're on the pill you can always skip your period. Then you don't have to plan so far in advance. When you get to the end of a pack skip the week of sugar pills and immediately start a new pack. You may still have some spotting, but I've done this before without any problems at all.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.. I've done this before going on vacations.
  • thanx you guys. Did both of you experience spotting? Is it for days on end. And also, I get very sore and tender breasts before my period. Does that dissapear when I start the new pack of pills? I really dont want to be uhm sore on my honeymoon... Embarassed
  • I never got any spotting, but I have heard of ladies who say that it happens. I think it's only a few days and really very minor. I would think the tenderness would go away when you keep on the hormone pills. You could probably still take some Midol or Motrin just to help with any discomfort.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Talk to your DR. b/c my Dr. told me to skip the placebo week, start the new pack, but only take one week and then take a week off the pills like you would at the end of a pack and then start a fresh pack like you would at the begining of a new cycle. Check with your OB/GYN to make sure the choice you make is right for you and the pill that you are on.
  • I would do it early. I am on Yaz and have skipped my period and I find it makes me extra moody all month, and I did have a lot of spotting, for  almost an entire month! It was really, really annoying. Not everyone has that, but you never know. If you already know the wedding date now, why not do it now so you don't have to worry about it closer?

But yeah, double check with your doctor, of course. Do as I say, not as I do :)
  • ask your doctor.

• Defintely double check with your doctor. But I skipped the placebo pills and went straight into the next pack or I was going to have a period on our wedding and HM. And I certainely didn't want that.
  • I skipped mine last year for a vacation with no problems.  I did start to get a few PMS symptoms (tender breasts, irritability) I think because my body was expecting me to have my period, but it all went away when I just continued taking the active pills, I didn't get any spotting at all. 

You also have to consider though that most insurance plans won't let you refill your prescription until halfway through your placebo week unless your doctor approves it.  I didn't have insurance that covered BC at the time I did it, so it didn't matter, I just told the pharmacist that I was going on vacation and needed it filled early.  But it's definitely something to plan for in advance just so it's one less thing you have to worry about.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards