California-San Diego

Mexican Catering?!

I am looking for delicious Mexican food at my wedding, but would like a full service caterer that provides servers, china, rentals, the whole nine yards (which it seems is lacking with traditional Mexican restaurants).  And I also need it for a budget price!  Any ideas???  I'm desperate!

Re: Mexican Catering?!

• edited December 2011
    I would look into El Tapatio. I haven't tried them, but they have been on some vendor lists that I have seen, and they came highly recommended by my neighbor. There prices seem very reasonable and I am sure they could offer a tasting! And, if a tasting doesn't work they also have a restaurant.
  • edited December 2011
    oh and also, I am most likely using personal touch and they have some mexican options as well!!  I think I am having a mexican station and a slider station :)
  • edited December 2011
    the slider station sounds cool- what will you have at it?  plain slideers with toppings?
  • ekilzer1ekilzer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try I love Tacos catering.

They are very very budget friendly and absolutely delicious. 
  • edited December 2011
    @futuremrsstall Ya, the sliders station is pretty much like a make your own little burgers station with all the makings of traditional sliders (onions, a variety of sauces, etc) and they are served with mac n cheese and fries :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi. I am doing the same thing for my wedding reception. I am using Cafe Caterers - Mark DuBois. http://www.cafecaterers.com/

he has online pricing and also does the full blown waiters, china and even has a rental company you can look into. 

good luck! 
  • dakotasocr5dakotasocr5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Miguels Mexican food is DELICIOUS! They have a handful of restaurants around San Diego, including in Coronado and Old Town. I actually just met with the catering manager, Ed Pecus, two days ago. Their menu has a variety of delicious foods for great prices. They include all the necessary catering items including linens, dishes, silverware, etc. Check them out! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards