Louisiana-New Orleans

outdoor wedding for september. I NEED HELP!

Any suggestions for a great outdoor location for a new orleans wedding in September. I don't have a large budget and will have to have space for about 250 people at my ceremony and reception. 

Re: outdoor wedding for september. I NEED HELP!

• Are you looking to have a tented wedding?
  • ooh ooh i just heard about a new venue called Stella Plantation. It's outdoor and it's beautiful!
  • We had our outdoor October wedding at the Benachi House and loved it.
  • Southern Oaks Plantation is beautiful as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not sure how big they are, but you could look at Race & Religious.  If you're not confined to the New Orleans area -- Oak Alley Plantation and Nottoway Plantation are BEAUTIFUL.  Might be a bit hot in September, but I think it would still be beautiful.  Nottoway has a great reception hall too, so you could have the ceremony in front of the mansion or under the oak trees, and then have an indoor reception.  If you're a worrier like me, that'll ease any stress of weather problems.
  • Try the Audubon Tea Room.
  • We're at The Elms in November.  You can't have a sit down dinner for 250 people, but you can have the cocktail style reception with food stations and they do set up tables ouside in the courtyard, around the veranda and their is indoor seating.  it's probalby enough that you can rotate 250 to have a seat at some point and others will be dancing and hanging at the bar.  We are anticipating about 125 people just as FYI. We also looked at Audobon Tea & Southern oaks.  Southern Oaks was booked, but seemed like it had a good deal because there were alot of elements included in the fee and it wasn't so far outside of NOLA proper that you could make it back to the city easily at the end of the night.  Likewise if you want to go proper plantation there are quite a few outside of the city that offer beautiful outdoor arenas...
    dml
  • The Fleur de Lis Event Center in Mandville is Beautiful!
    Mrs.Downs 06/10/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards