Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Wedding Menu, please tell me what you think!!

Here is my ideas for the wedding menu:

Hors D'oeuvres:
Almond stuffed mushrooms
Parsnip & crab cakes
Bruschetta station w/ White bean and caper spread
Smoked salmon puffs

Dinner:
Roast pig
Roasted red potatoes
Grilled corn on the cob
Marinated veggie kabobs
Barley and wild rice pilaf with pomegranates and pine nuts
Fresh rolls
Fresh salad

Please tell me what you think! The food will be prepared by friends of FH mom so I was going for simple but still good with vegan options for my bridesmaids and I and local options for meats.

Re: Wedding Menu, please tell me what you think!!

• edited December 2011
    yum, it sounds great!  Have you thought of adding another meat in case some people don't eat pig?  A chicken dish might be nice (chicken souvlaki or something would be easy).
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Suzie31Suzie31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think the menu sounds tasty and filling!  I agree with Meggiemuggins, another meat option is a good idea for those that aren't into pork.

• edited December 2011
    I was thinking the same thing as Meggie... As much as I'd love the roast pig, I have a cousin and a bridesmaid who would never eat such a thing.  Some simple chicken breasts could solve that matter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds delicious!  I'm a vegetarian, so I'd be set...but I agree with everyone else about adding another meat option.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know that you NEED the meat. I mean, there are enough vegan options for someone to make a full meal, so I'm assuming if someone didn't want the pig... well, they could still have a full meal.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would add another meat option. Not everyone like pig. I know you can't please everyone but it would be nice to have another option.
    Anniversary
  • kaijasmomkaijasmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I see what you guys are saying about the protien option, but it is farm country, the pig is coming from his uncles farm.  I think most of those people eat pork, but really there is enough protien in the apps that I think ppl will be satisfied.  If my fmil wants another meat it will probably be white fish (its also Lake coutry so everyone eats fish lol) although we might be able to get some halibut from friends since we are from AK.  The salmon will be caught by my fiance this year :)

Also! I forgot to put drinks, there will be beer on tap, local beer and miller light for those ppl who don't like mirco brews, 2 signature cocktails, and teas and fresh lemonade.

Thanks everyone! I really appriciate the feed back!  our date was origanlly july 2012 since then has been moved to may, so i am really trying to crank out the details.
  • edited December 2011
    The only thing that doesn't make my mouth water is the barley and wild rice dish.  I guess I can't conceptualize how those flavors will go together....

Otherwise I'd eat very well at your wedding and I love the fact that there are so many vegetarian options. I am a carnivore, but I just find it so gracious when brides make more of an effort than some throwaway dish for a stray vegetarian or two. 
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As someone who doesn't eat pig or salmon, a different protein would be nice. But, it's your wedding and if you want pig, serve pig. I'm just picky.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Raquel928Raquel928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_wedding-menu-please-tell-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:d5bcfff3-dd99-4f44-8b24-5ab94e7bbabaPost:76cbcfc9-6cce-40a1-8cb1-13031bc58b17">Re: Wedding Menu, please tell me what you think!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As someone who doesn't eat pig or salmon, a different protein would be nice. But, it's your wedding and if you want pig, serve pig. I'm just picky.
    Posted by topchef33[/QUOTE]

I agree! Although I do LOVE my veggies if that was all I really had to eat I'd probably Still be pretty hungry exp with the alcohol and dancing (?)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sounde delicious!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards