New York-Hudson Valley

Grandview Brides - Rehearsal Dinner and Brunch?

Have any Grandview brides in Poughkeepsie used Artist's Palate, Crave, or Cosimo's for the rehearsal dinner?  Or have you used the Poughkeepsie Grand's ballroom for a private breakfast for your guests?  I am an out of town bride and would love to hear your thoughts on food, service, and atmosphere.

Re: Grandview Brides - Rehearsal Dinner and Brunch?

• I've never been to any but you could also try Shadows which is basically attached to the grandview...the food, service and atmosphere are all great.  I've been for dinner and also had my bacherlorette dinner and drinks there
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • We used Shadow's on the Hudson for our rehearsal. It was NOT intimate, but we also had a very large group. The food was wonderful and ambiance was fantastic also.

For guests staying at the Pok Grand, they have a free fulll breakfast each morning. We had that and my dad paid extra for guests staying at other hotels to come too. We didn't rent a private room, but it was great for us all to mingle after.
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We did our rehearsal dinner in New Paltz, but Shadows is a good choice. I love Cosimo's and they have multiple private rooms, so that would be a good option, as well, though I can't speak from experience.

For breakfast, we just did the Grand's included breakfast, which worked out fine. We had so many people staying at the hotel, it was almost just us in there anyway. The breakfast is HUGE, so I can't imagine they give you much more food if you do it on your own. IMO, it wouldn't be worthwhile to pay more for a private room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used Cosimos for our RD and would highly recommend it. We were on a tight budget and they worked with us and the food was great! We had our own private room. It was wonderful.

We also just used the brunch at the Grand and that was fine as well!
  • We're having our rehearsal dinner at the Mill House Panda which is about a block from the Grand.  It's a nice/relaxed Chinese restaurant.  They have a private room upstairs which is nice and it's a change of pace from the usual.   Good luck & congrats!
  • Thank you for all the feedback!  I visited Shadow's but I would prefer a venue with a private space.  My rehearsal dinner is going to be around 50 people.  I'm checking out the restaurants I mentioned plus Brasserie 292 this weekend.  I don't live in the area, so even if you haven't had your rehearsal dinner there I would be interested to get your feedback about about the food and atmosphere.

It's great to hear such positive responses about the Pok Grand breakfast.  Does anyone have any pictures?  The morning after my wedding happens to be Mother's Day, so I want to make sure it's special for all the moms in attendance.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_grandview-brides-rehearsal-dinner-brunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:da1d9047-f8dc-43b5-b9d6-8c23f21a7099Post:b357b90d-6dbf-4361-9414-3b9c253995a2">Re: Grandview Brides - Rehearsal Dinner and Brunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for all the feedback!  I visited Shadow's but I would prefer a venue with a private space.  My rehearsal dinner is going to be around 50 people.  I'm checking out the restaurants I mentioned plus Brasserie 292 this weekend.  I don't live in the area, so even if you haven't had your rehearsal dinner there I would be interested to get your feedback about about the food and atmosphere. It's great to hear such positive responses about the Pok Grand breakfast.  Does anyone have any pictures?  The morning after my wedding happens to be Mother's Day, so I want to make sure it's special for all the moms in attendance.
    Posted by kapabe[/QUOTE]

I do not, but the two days we were there, it was in two seperate ball rooms. Very simple, not much decor. They had wonderful made to order omlettes, juices, cofee, pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage- a great buffet.
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Cosimo's is really great and it's nice to have the private room too if you want. I would highly recommend them- never been to a rehearsal dinner there but I went to a bridal shower there and it was really great. And the food is so delicious there! 
    The future "Mrs. Hassan"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards