Arizona-Phoenix

Dress question

So I bought my wedding dress and i love it!! The biggest down side is its really heavy. So my mom was thinking about me getting a "reception" dress what do you guys think about this idea?

Re: Dress question

• edited December 2011
    I had a reception dress, and it was awesome!   It was really fun to get to change, and have pictures done in two different dresses, and all the comments from everyone there were really positive, and they loved getting to see another dress too. 

My second dress was much lighter than the ceremony dress, and it was more comfortable to be able to eat and dance in. 
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's in your budget, go for it.  There are some really cute options out there now.
  • livv22livv22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend was married in June and she's a heat pansy, so she asked the dress shop owner where she purchased her dress if some of the layers could be removed. The lady reached underneath her and just yanked them out! It was a little terrifying, but made the dress about 50lbs lighter and it still looked just as gorgeous and didn't lose any of its fullness. If you love your wedding dress now, perhaps asking some questions about having this done (maybe a little less abruptly) could help. 

Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October '12 Feb. Siggy: Cake! Only square, and with less sticking-out of branches, and with some fresh flowers.
    Image475x475
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a reception dress as well that I may change into.  Just depends on how I'm feeling really!  I would just go look at see what you find. POB has some ridiculously cute ones!!
  • edited December 2011
    sld0618 whats POB?
  • edited December 2011
    I've always loved the idea of having a reception dress. I picture it being a shorter version of my first dress. haha.  I'm just getting started though and don't even have my first dress yet.  Hope you find something you love. 
  • sooner365sooner365 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Priscilla Of Boston  i think:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards