Wedding Etiquette Forum

Alright, where'd everyone go?

Entertain me, por favor.  Who's on The Tweeter?  I might want to follow you.  Maybe.  If you're funny.

Otherwise, just tell me what you're up to. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?

• Hey, J. I literally just posted in the morning thread wondering where everyone went.

I'm on Twitter, but I mostly just read. I'm too lazy for it, I think.

As far as what I'm up to? I just woke up from a nap. I haven't taken one all week and it was divine.

What are YOU up to, J?
  • I'm here! FI and I are watching TV for awhile before we head to another shore town to have dinner with his parents for his birthday. We were supposed to go the boardwalk this afternoon, but that never happened, so we might go later.

I signed up for twitter and then never did anything with it because it was basically the same as a FB status and I didn't see the point.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, I got up this morning and went to my volunteer job, to have my visit not show up, so I went to the gym.  It was lovely, and I haven't done anything productive since then.  I need an oil change, but I'm feeling like it's not happening today.  I should see how late they're open.

Later we're going down to see some friends that are camping in my college town (about an hour away).  We'll grill some dinner, roast some marshmallows, and probably do a little drinking.  Should be good times.

• I don't do twitter. Facebook is good for me. I'm just trying to decide what I want for dinner. I'm thinking ham. 
  • Hey! We just got home from the first jaunt of our travelling weekend. The concert was great and we had a really nice time doing some shopping and hanging out as well. 

Came home to the first batch of wedding RSVPs in the mailbox! Kind of exciting. Five uninvited children were among the 17 cards but whatever. DD says she could care less if kids show up. And, chicken strips are cheap. 

Angel, sounds like you are on the move like crazy this weekend too. Jess, a nap sounds divine. We have to help at church this evening but then, this gal has a date with the couch. 

Tomorrow, taking Nerdy Girl to camp three hours south. And driving back home. Gah. 
  • I actually like Twitter more than I like FB, because the posts are shorter and when people post pictures, you have to choose to want to see it, versus it just being plastered all over your newsfeed.

Unfortunately, most of my friends have yet to jump on-board the Twitter train, so it makes it hard for me to actively use it.
  • I'm here sort of. Lucy's figured out how to get on and off the sofa at will so whenever she gets tired... PLOP! there she is. She currently has her face buried in the throw. :)

I think Twitter is stupid.
  • edited July 2012
    Hey,
    I just got back from Target. I got a 4 movie combo pack for a movie marathon that I want to do tonight :) I also got some peanut butter and Dixie cups to make Sasha some frozen treats for when I crate her. Silly spoiled dog. 
  • Wally, your daughter is way more chill than me, haha. I'd be like, "WTF. I wrote no children's names on those invitations, why are there children on the RSVP?!"

I still need to order my Save the Dates. They're going to end up going out just over 5 months before the wedding, which is a little late, but with the venue minimums, I'd rather guests have at least some addtional notice. FMIL told me not to send STDs to some of the people on her list because she wants to "surprise them with the invitation" in hopes that they'll already have plans. I was amused.
  • J - that sounds like an exciting evening. :) What is your volunteer job? As for things that need to be done, I have a long list, but I opted for the nap instead.

Wally - Again, you're brave for driving all of those hours for a camp!
  • Aryn, are you having this movie marathon alone or is there a boy involved?
  • Ah, Aryn, a pilgrimage to Target. I love those!

J&K your evening sounds fun. 

I have a Twitter account but never post anything. Rarely read anything either. I don't really understand Twitter and like FB better. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:a35c591b-54a9-4ba4-9491-e27d1adeb41b">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wally, your daughter is way more chill than me, haha. I'd be like, "WTF. I wrote no children's names on those invitations, why are there children on the RSVP?!"[/QUOTE]

Ha, that would have been me. We had a couple of people add children, and I had to call them to deal with it.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:a35c591b-54a9-4ba4-9491-e27d1adeb41b">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FMIL told me not to send STDs to some of the people on her list because she wants to "surprise them with the invitation" in hopes that they'll already have plans. I was amused.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Surprise them? That's stupid, lol.
  • Angel, that would be me too.  Luckily no one RSVPed for someone that wasn't invited for our wedding.  One guy called and said he had broken up with his (invited) girlfriend, and asked if he could bring someone else instead, or if we preferred he just came alone.  I appreciated the asking (he ended up not bringing anyone anyway).

Jess, I supervise visits between non-custodial parents and their kids. 

• Cute animals are the best. One of my cats jumped on my head earlier - then snuggled down next to me. D'awww.

Wally - I hope Nerdy Girl has fun!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:e482262b-4bf2-4d2e-be08-d2d2baef0020">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aryn, are you having this movie marathon alone or is there a boy involved?

<div>It's alone. The movie combo pack was a Sandra Bullock one so not exactly the types of movies you invite a new boy over for. I'd been with my X for three years and I still couldn't get him to watch chick flicks with me. He was adamant that that was what I had all my girl friends for. </div>
  • Glad you got it figured out, harry!

• H will watch chick flicks with me, although it usually involves quite a bit of eye rolling. 
  • J - That's neat, IMO! But I'm sure it has it's moments.

Aryn - Which movies are they?! I'm watching Two Weeks Notice as we speak on WE because my DVD quit working.

I'm a fan of SB chick flicks.
  • Wally, my Target adventures are becoming dangerous! In my old town Target was about a 10-15 minute drive so I only went when I really needed something. Here, Target is 2 blocks away so I go way more often. It's really bad. 
  • Jess, it's both of the Congeniality movies, 2 Weeks Notice, and the Ya Ya Sisterhood. Only 10 bucks. I'm pretty excited. 
  • zizibetzizibet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    I like Twitter a lot, but dislike FB.
      Just got home from errands and looking at an open house in our neighborhood, which was fun. Our subdivision has severeal different builders and floorplans, soit's fun to look. Now time for chores.
    Angel, Hee.
    Wally, are you always on the go? :)
    Harry, glad you found a ride.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:59e238ef-ddf5-4d30-a795-14769189a9b7">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : Ha, that would have been me. We had a couple of people add children, and I had to call them to deal with it. In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : Surprise them? That's stupid, lol.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess they're family members she'd rather not invite, but feels like she has to, so if they don't get an STD, they might already have plans when the invitations go out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:7f4d61eb-397f-428c-b0bb-171a80c6444b">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wally, my Target adventures are becoming dangerous! In my old town Target was about a 10-15 minute drive so I only went when I really needed something. Here, Target is 2 blocks away so I go way more often. It's really bad. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

My sister and I were talking about how annoying it is when you go to Target to buy like, 2 items, and you walk out spending $50 more than you intended with more items than you planned.

Target does that to you.

The only thing that bothers me about Target is that they don't play background music. Sometimes our Target is eerily-quiet.
  • Hi there.
    I haven't given in and signed up for Twitter yet.

I'm watching Friends and waiting for H to get home.  I have no clue what's going on tonight.  But, I found out I'm going to be an aunt (again) next Saturday.  BIL's gf is going to be induced.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:7f4d61eb-397f-428c-b0bb-171a80c6444b">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wally, my Target adventures are becoming dangerous! In my old town <strong>Target was about a 10-15 minute drive so I only went when I really needed something.</strong> Here, Target is 2 blocks away so I go way more often. It's really bad. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

This is fascinating to me. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:dd1cf819-439d-451f-9b37-b5b75d7a9b8f">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : Yeah, I guess they're family members she'd rather not invite, but feels like she has to, so if they don't get an STD, they might already have plans when the invitations go out.

Ooh, I thought she just wanted her BFFs to be surprised in general, and I was thinking, "Dumb" but <em>now</em> I get it.

We had people that we didn't send STDs to for similar reasons. Oops. ;)
  • Jess, it's pretty boring, more often than not.  It's usually two hours of reading time for me, which I can't complain about!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:ed1e28c1-e1d6-4119-9712-c1fc841804ba">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : This is fascinating to me. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha why? </div>
  • Yikes, a Target two blocks away would be very dangerous. Here it's about 15 minutes. But it's also next to my brothers' office/stores, so I'm out there a lot. If I make it out of Target for under $100, it is a good day. 

Poke, I think going forward MiddleDaughter will be referred to as Nerdy Girl. (Nerd Camp is really, really cool, though. I don't mind driving her to it! The nerds gather at the University. Each chooses several areas of study and they work with profs/ experts in those fields all week. She is doing everything from rock climbing to theater make-up to crazy history.) 

A movie marathon sounds amazing. Might add that to my list tonight. 

Harry, glad you got the shower thing figured out. I bet it will be fun and bride will appreciate it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards