2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Week - shaneikaw

• Options

SORRY LADIES I'VE BEEN OFFLINE FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS BUT HERE IT GOES!

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name Shaneika & Andre

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age 6/13/1979 (32) 6/4/1980 (31)

3. City Born In?  Detroit

4. City Live in? Detroit

5. Where did you go to college?  Wayne State University

6. What was your major? Sociology

7. What is your current job?  Claims Advocate AAA

8. What is your dream job? Elementary School Teacher

9. How did you and your fiance meet? We both worked at the mall and were just friends

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? Originally we were in engaged in 2007 he went out and bought the ring while i was in the shower he put the ring on top of the tv so that when I came out of the bathroom I would see the ring which I did and when I pulled it out I asked is this what I think it is and he said yes there were no more words needed. The plans were put on hold because we ended up having a baby boy Aiden who is now 3.

11. When is the Wedding Day? 3/18/2012

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?  the ceremony will be held at the church I have been going to my whole life St.Paul A.M.E.Zion Church and the reception will be held at Kara's house both are in Detroit

13. What are your wedding colors? Guava & silver

14. Where are you honeymooning? Los Vegas

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far? everyone that I have worked with have been excellent equally so i can't say

16. Biggest wedding splurge? the reception

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
    not something but someone my Godmother raised me and she past last year I have really been having a hard time dealing with the fact that she will not be there.

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend? ejagers, looking at her website it seemed like they are so in love and the site was so well put together

19. Favorite book? things fall apart

20. Favorite movie? Deliver us from Eva, I think b/c my family say thats how I act (lol)

21. Favorite tv show? The Practice

22. Favorite wedding dress designer? Alfred Angelo I love the fact that he design for the plus sized brides

23. Any advice you can give? Take your time in planning and don't let anyone stress you out at the end of the day its about you and your new husband so if your both happy than that's what counts.

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding? the color...I like it but it was my fiance choice, I would have went with a green or blue but hey he like it i dont' have to wear it, plus how many woman can say that their fiance have any input or opinions when it come to the wedding.

25. Share something about yourself!!  sssshhhh it's a secret but I'm actually stressing a little about the wedding, but I haven't told anyone there are some things that I feel should have already been done and they are not and I don't want this to be a last minute thing. Other than that I am a pretty average AAW I work full time I am a full time student at WSU a senior in Sociology. Have a 3 year old son, who is in school, so that makes me a volunteer,taxi driver and have another job. I love to cook and I love to see others enjoy my cooking. I love family I would like to have another child preferably a little girl. Next year is going to be a big year for us my son is being baptized on 1/1/12, the wedding is 3/18/12 and I will be graduating 12/12, so I will be in prayer a lot this year. All and All thats me!!!

Sorry again ladies we do a lot of family activities during the holidays and I haven't had a chance to get on the site, but I hope you all in enjoy!!Wink

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Shaneika, it is so nice to meet you!  How thoughtful of you to say those sweet things about my website Wink Thanks so much! 

I love, love, love Deliver Us from Eva.  I even have a morning song I like to jam to when I'm getting ready for work like they did on the movie.  It's Aretha Franklin's "A Rose is Still a Rose." (Don't judge me, lol)

Anywho, that's so great you are honeymooning in Las Vegas.  That is my absolute favorite place to visit in the U.S.  I enjoyed the CSI Experience at the MGM and Madame Tusands wax museum.  Oh, and we really enjoyed the happy hour specials at Diablo's, too.  If you like to shop, I suggest going to the outlet mall and bring an empty suitcase with you on the trip to take back all the stuff you buy. 

You said you love spending time with your family.  Do you have any siblings?  If so, how many and where do you fall in line? 

I see you love to cook as well.  What are some of the dishes you are well known for, that your family loves for you to make?  Whats's your favorite recipe/ dish?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hey ejagers it was my pleasure, I did really enjoy the website you inspired me I am working on mine this week hopefully I will have it done so I can invite you all to see it soon.

Yes I can't wait to go to Vegas I've never been I have traveled so much and that's the one place I have never been to so I can't wait to go and see everything I can in the short time we will be there.

I don't judge you for your song I understand. My son have to hear I give myself away, every morning over and over again, and when I pick him up from school.

I have one brother and one sister I am the oldest my brother is 2 years younger than I am (but he think he's my father) he will actually be giving me away at the wedding I have a little sister and we are 8 years apart, but you wouldn't know it she is my Maid of Honor

Let's see Yes I love to cook something that my family ask me to make often which is something my grandmother love is my sweet potatoes,catfish and chicken and noodles oh yeah the kids love this cheesecake I make.  I make this stuffed pork chop (I dont eat pork so I do chicken also) from G Garvin recipes I LOVE IT!!! You should try it, if you haven't already

Oh yeah my favorite TV show is Private Practice, I loved the Practice too but it's been off for years (lol) typing fast and working...sorry.

I think I've answered all of the questions that were asked

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi Shaneikaw.  I love the movie Deliver Us from Eva too.   So you are an Eva ,huh?   No worries. She did all right in the end.  LOL!  Congrats on a wonderful year coming up for you. 

You mentioned that your dream job is to be an elementary school teacher.  Is there a particular grade that you prefer to teach? 

I love G. Garvin.  I've made a few of his recipes and they are delish.  Now you mentioned cheesecake.  OMG!  I am a fiend for cheesecake.  What is this special one that you make?  I had a coworker who made an Oreo cheesecake to die for.  She gave me her recipe but have yet to try it.  I am a bit chicken to try my hand at it only to mess up.  LOL!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    Hi shaneikaw! Congrats on your wedding.  Alfred Angelo dress are wonderful. I fell in LOVE, LOVE with one from their website that found shortly after we got engaged but ended up getting a gorgeous Mori Lee dress.
  • Options
    A&STHOMASA&STHOMAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies this is shaneikaw I'm at home and cant remember my password so I had to set up a new account (LOL) I KNOW ITS TOO MUCH!

ANYWHO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
     to island07b2b really I feel comfortable teaching from 1st-3rd grade students I love that age range b/c they teach you as much as you teach them.  The cheesecake I make is a no bake I use any kind of crust that I feel like using mix 16oz of whipped cream cheese 16oz of whipped topping, 1 cup of sugar 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract mix it together and put it in the freezer until it's firm, you should try it it's not that hard to make it and it's not a mess oh yeah I put strawberries on top of it too.

THANK YOU BYOU2FULONE!!! I LOVE MORI LEE DRESSES TOO it's funny b/c I actually ended up getting a David's Bridal dress (LOL).

SORRY ABOUT THE NAME SWITCH UP LADIES, THIS IS CRAZY TOO MANY PASSWORDS TO REMEMBER.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards