Snarky Brides

Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No.

Steve was in a wedding on Saturday. The bride and groom were considerate enough to have a head table without significant others. *rolling eyes* I'm so happy I travelled 9 hours just to sit all the way across the room from my husband with a bunch of strangers who didn't want to talk to me much once they found out I wasn't a Jehovah's Witness. We texted each other the whole time, waived at each other across the room, and he eventually pulled up a chair at my table and ditched the head table. A few members of the wedding party did this very early into dinner. Be considerate, brides.  Your wedding party loves you, but they would much rather sit with their S/O than sit at the front of the room with you. And they WILL get up and leave your stupid head table the first chance they get.

Here is a pic...the speck in the far left corner of the room is Steve's head.

Re: Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No.

• *gets out binoculars*

Yeah, still can't see Steve.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Hahaha.  Did you like the comment I wrote under that pic on FB?

• For reals?  That is so uncomfortable.  You must have been miserable the whole time.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • LOL!!!  This is exactly why we're opting for the "tuscan table".....love this!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_head-tables-wedding-party-sojust-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3caad8bf-75db-4e85-bcf6-2e5f25e99448Post:72a894cf-7a84-400d-b280-0874a3b11582">Re: Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha.  Did you like the comment I wrote under that pic on FB?
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

LMAO! YES! i love how you pretended to be clueless and asked why he was sitting all the way over there. amazing.

poor steve was seated at the far end of the head table beside some chick he had never met before. they staggered the head table so it was male-female-male-female so it wasn't even like he could force some football talk with one of the dudes or anything.

total fail.
  • Duh, they're supposed to talk about how awesome the B&G's wedding is. It's THEIR day.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Ugh. Prime examples of why head tables SUCK. Just say no!
  • The only reason we aren't having this problem is because the best man's wife will be out of town the weekend of our wedding.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • My friend once went to a wedding where she and her hubby were seated apart. The bride and groom said it was too "middle class" to seat spouses together. True story.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh, that's a pile of SUCK.
    We're doing the sweetheart table thing and our WP is sitting with their SO's.  Only one member of our WP is single so she'll probably pull a chair up next to her sister and sit with her after dinner, when she's not cutting a rug, that is. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_head-tables-wedding-party-sojust-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3caad8bf-75db-4e85-bcf6-2e5f25e99448Post:2bdf9180-68dd-42f8-86cb-70f1c64111bf">Re: Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend once went to a wedding where she and her hubby were seated apart. The bride and groom said it was too "middle class" to seat spouses together. True story.
    Posted by LuluP82[/QUOTE]

hahaha, really? i think it's outdated to seat spouses apart! it's like cloned bridesmaids with the exact same dress, jewelry, shoes, and hairdo...it's so 1990's!
  • That sucks. I don't think H would sit without me, or leave me alone at a table where I don't know anyone. At least, I hope he wouldn't.
  • This is terrible. I also can't stand the, "be and adult and be social excuse." You are one damn social woman and it really has nothing to do with that. It is just wrong.

Also, I am concerned they seem to have ripped off your bouquet for their centerpieces ;)
  • This board has convinced me.  I originally planned a head table (without s/o's because there would be no room) mainly because I just thought that's what you do!  I've never been to a wedding without a head table.  But after reading the many posts about how much head tables suck, and thinking about how much i really hated that at other weddings i have been in or to, fi and i have decided to do the 'sweetheart table' thing.  so, thanks for the bitching ladies!  it brought me to my senses.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_head-tables-wedding-party-sojust-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3caad8bf-75db-4e85-bcf6-2e5f25e99448Post:323a6430-4278-4e73-b3f7-825277d080c3">Re: Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate the idea of head tables...they suck.  My FI wants to have one though.  I'm still trying to figure out a way around this, we have 5 on each side, so we don't have room for S/O to sit with us.  The S/O of everyone in the bridal party will know other people at the wedding, but still I just hate the idea of it.
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

Can't you just put chairs on the other side of the table so the wedding party is still facing out but their dates are sitting across from them? Just an idea.
  • Sarah that just sucks. We've had that happen to FI and I 3 or 4 times.  Both times we left the reception as soon as possible.  The worst is when its a dry wedding....and the food sucks.....and you don't know anyone.  Ick.

Yay for a sweetheart table.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_head-tables-wedding-party-sojust-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3caad8bf-75db-4e85-bcf6-2e5f25e99448Post:dcebbb0a-2452-4d55-ae48-7795828357ee">Re: Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This board has convinced me.  I originally planned a head table (without s/o's because there would be no room) mainly because I just thought that's what you do!  I've never been to a wedding without a head table.  But after reading the many posts about how much head tables suck, and thinking about how much i really hated that at other weddings i have been in or to, fi and i have decided to do the 'sweetheart table' thing.  so, thanks for the bitching ladies!  it brought me to my senses.
    Posted by corinne72607[/QUOTE]

Another wayward soul is saved! YAY! :)
  • Meh, we're still doing a head table - but all of our SOs are friends or have a ton of family attending the wedding, so, it's not like we'd be alienating anyone.

I kinda think it depends on the situation.
    panther
  • ok.. as a lot of you here may remember- i used to support head tables. However you all convinced me not to and THANK GOD. IT WAS SOOOO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT ONE! Its finally clicked with me how horrible a head table is with no S/O. No one wants to sit with strangers all night! We did a sweetheart table and had all the groomsmen (who were all friends) with their S/o at one table and then the bridesmaids were grouped with their friends and family.

headtables= stupidity.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_head-tables-wedding-party-sojust-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3caad8bf-75db-4e85-bcf6-2e5f25e99448Post:c9240f66-ba21-40b8-a715-1db6025e9147">Re: Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is terrible. I also can't stand the, "be and adult and be social excuse." You are one damn social woman and it really has nothing to do with that. It is just wrong. Also, I am concerned they seem to have ripped off your bouquet for their centerpieces ;)
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm social but Steve isn't and he looked miserable. He is more shy than I am. I made small talk, but I'm not fond of forced conversation with people I'll never see again. Especially when one of the first questions I'm asked is which Kingdom Hall I attend. Or when I ask a question about the ceremony and I'm corrected that it's called a "wedding talk." wtf ever. It's all the same thing, ffs. lol.

Lmao about the centerpieces, Meg and Beatles! Actually, my centerpieces were pink and white hydrangea, which was the base of their centerpieces. So I totally thought about that when I saw them. :) I really liked their floral arrangements. The bride is super creative and made those butterfly and bird place cards herself.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_head-tables-wedding-party-sojust-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3caad8bf-75db-4e85-bcf6-2e5f25e99448Post:e7b91281-7f02-4fea-8fb6-7bf5e887f736">Re: Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Meh, we're still doing a head table</strong> - but all of our SOs are friends or have a ton of family attending the wedding, so, it's not like we'd be alienating anyone. <strong>I kinda think it depends on the situation.
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

This, with the exception thay our WP is all family, my sister and his 2 sisters, and my 2 brothers and his 1 brother. It definately depends on the situation. If we had just friends I would certainly seat them with their SO's.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_head-tables-wedding-party-sojust-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3caad8bf-75db-4e85-bcf6-2e5f25e99448Post:e2f176a6-6f50-405d-9b2e-d344e4cb6d50">Re: Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah that just sucks. We've had that happen to FI and I 3 or 4 times.  Both times we left the reception as soon as possible.  The worst is when its a dry wedding....and the food sucks.....and you don't know anyone.  Ick. Yay for a sweetheart table.
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

it wasn't dry, yay. wine, tea, and lemonade.

but i did find out at the end of the night that there was a secret keg of beer for the groom and his friends only. WTF???????????
  • Secret keg? WOW thats really tacky.
  • I agree with you 100% even though I've read posts on here how it's only for a short time, they see nothing wrong with it, etc.
  • I went to a wedding recently that topped having a head table by miles:  the bridal party ate at a private dinner an hour before the reception started.  My H was in the WP, so not only could be not sit together during dinner we didn't even eat at the same time!  The bride and groom left a seat for him open at my table so that he could join me when he was done with WP stuff, but that didn't happen until after I was done eating and the dancing had started.  It sucked.

048C2A9Jessica-Ahrens-photogra-2280385165-O_zps1ad80309-1_zps1e997449 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_head-tables-wedding-party-sojust-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3caad8bf-75db-4e85-bcf6-2e5f25e99448Post:c023f3bb-abe2-4027-8106-462188d6af20">Re: Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No. : it wasn't dry, yay. wine, tea, and lemonade. but i did find out at the end of the night that there was a secret keg of beer for the groom and his friends only. WTF???????????
    Posted by SarahSmile23[/QUOTE]

I want a secret keg....but it will be placed discretly under my sweetheart table. I will be able to chug beer all night via a hose.  I'm klassy like that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_head-tables-wedding-party-sojust-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3caad8bf-75db-4e85-bcf6-2e5f25e99448Post:8ea1f30b-200b-4772-85c9-430c160a3507">Re: Head Tables With Wedding Party and No S/O...Just Say No.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a wedding recently that topped having a head table by miles:  the bridal party ate at a private dinner an hour before the reception started.  My H was in the WP, so not only could be not sit together during dinner we didn't even eat at the same time!  The bride and groom left a seat for him open at my table so that he could join me when he was done with WP stuff, but that didn't happen until after I was done eating and the dancing had started.  It sucked.
    Posted by christinesb19[/QUOTE]

I am struck at why anyone would ever think this was an acceptable idea.
    panther
  • That's kinda even worse than the "stealing the bride" and "stealing the groom" traditions.

Well, anything that the bridal party does to exclude their wedding guests is just in extremely bad taste.
    panther
  • The stories in this thread make my head spin.  It's hard to believe that people are that tacky...oh wait, it's not.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards