Snarky Brides

opinions

Re: opinions

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:d4ef3a53-26c1-482a-b373-6a6d19e91f23">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]How does one nicely tell a parent on a report card that their kid is a stuck-up brat?
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

"Regular behavioral issues" or something like that.  Or "douche"
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:d4ef3a53-26c1-482a-b373-6a6d19e91f23">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]How does one nicely tell a parent on a report card that their kid is a stuck-up brat?

Student should work on fine tuning his interpersonal skills in an effort to enrich his educational experience and open himself up to new methods and ideas.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:125559c5-af68-48dc-86cb-59545eb25184">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: opinions : "Needs improvement in attitude/cooperation/whatever it is that makes the kid a brat"?
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

Good thinking.  What's sad is her mom probably won't even read the report cards.  This school is full of parents who stop by on a daily basis, talk to teachers, get feedback, etc.  It's a ver yclose-knit small school.  Her mom has YET to enter the building this year.  Whenever she arrives to pick up her daughter, she calls the school to send her outside.  I met her once at the grocery store and she was really rude to me too.
  • I think it's kind of unfortunate that there has to be "teacher speak" for parents. I mean, if my kid is being an asshole and not cooperating at school, I'd want to know that and not have the teacher worry about offending me. I know there are way too many people out there who think their klds are perfect and are highly affronted at any suggestion otherwise, but teachers put up with a LOT and should be able to freely tell parents how the kids are behaving without worrying about backlash.

Unrealistic expectation #127263. I know.
  • Almost all of my report cards in public school said I was a "social butterfly"
  • Y'all.  The wheel on my mouse has suddenly decided to stop working.  I think this means I should go home for the day.
  • I got my acyclovir prescription specifically because of the wedding.  I woke up the morning of my sister's wedding (I was her MOH) with a fucking cold sore and I was going to be damned if I allowed a repeat at my own wedding, lol.  Fuckthat.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:54feda30-85e4-4d6a-8511-bacf3c1a0786">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Y'all.  The wheel on my mouse has suddenly decided to stop working.  I think this means I should go home for the day.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

<div>it must be contagious. Mine has been acting up for a few hours now.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • new opinion. being a tow truck driver would fucking suck. I stopped at McD's for lunch and stopped in their lot to eat quick. I got parked in by a tow truck so I'm now watching the drama unfold. The McD's is right next to a liquor store, both in prime parking area of campus. There are signs everywhere warning you not to leave. Some guy parked, ran across the street to CVS. (I saw him while I was in line at the drive-thru). Within like 3 minutes the tow truck was here with his car hooked up. He's now standing in the lot (while it's snowing) watching them drive away with his car. I'm obviously laughing. Adios, $250, asshole.
  • My report cards always said, "Handwriting is in need of improvement." This hasn't changed.

And odlly enough, "talks too much," to which my mom responded, "Well, give her something to do so she's not bored."

When my brother was little, his teacher made a huge stink about him not coloring in the lines (like first grade or something). She acted like something was wrong with him and that he needed to be tested for some kind of disorder, and man did that piss my mom off. She told the teacher he just hates to color (and boy, did he hate coloring), but the teacher was insistant that something was wrong. So, mom told him to just color in the lines once to prove he could, and he did.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:f85bbb51-1a6f-4801-942f-22b725f04d21">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]new opinion. being a tow truck driver would fucking suck. I stopped at McD's for lunch and stopped in their lot to eat quick. I got parked in by a tow truck so I'm now watching the drama unfold. The McD's is right next to a liquor store, both in prime parking area of campus. There are signs everywhere warning you not to leave. Some guy parked, ran across the street to CVS. (I saw him while I was in line at the drive-thru). Within like 3 minutes the tow truck was here with his car hooked up. He's now standing in the lot (while it's snowing) watching them drive away with his car. I'm obviously laughing. Adios, $250, asshole.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

That is HILARIOUS stephbetch.

I was so thankful for the tow truck driver who came upon Ben and I when we were on our way back to Fargo in a damn blizzard.  His car just up and died, and it was full of wedding gifts.  The tow people he called said it would probably be a two hour wait and we were both freaking out about sitting on the side of the highway in a near white-out  - when a freaking tow truck showed up out of nowhere.  THANK YOU JESUS.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:f85bbb51-1a6f-4801-942f-22b725f04d21">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]new opinion. being a tow truck driver would fucking suck. I stopped at McD's for lunch and stopped in their lot to eat quick. I got parked in by a tow truck so I'm now watching the drama unfold. The McD's is right next to a liquor store, both in prime parking area of campus. There are signs everywhere warning you not to leave. Some guy parked, ran across the street to CVS. (I saw him while I was in line at the drive-thru). Within like 3 minutes the tow truck was here with his car hooked up. He's now standing in the lot (while it's snowing) watching them drive away with his car. I'm obviously laughing. Adios, $250, asshole.

Doesn't CVS have its own parking lot?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:d914fa90-6978-45de-9e4c-0464af6b11e4">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: opinions : That's teacher speak for "Nebb needs to shut up and mind her own business." YWIA.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

My cousin's report cards say 'social butterfly' too, and her mom thinks it's the greatest compliment ever. 

If it just said "K spends too much time socializing" then maybe she'd get it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:093bba6b-9261-4bab-974f-37f64c921a56">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: opinions : I've been in 5 accidents and none of them were my fault. I may need to buy a bobblehead turtle. I used to get cold sores all the time. I haven't had one in about a year, but one of my wedding fears was that I would get one just before.  Yes, it was a rather shallow concern, but come on! Then a week before the wedding I started feeling the tingle. I think I used every home remedy known to man, and I never got one. 
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

I don't get cold soars, but that's still one of my biggest fears.  I thought I was getting one once, and tried to make light of it, reasoning that most people get them and it's no big deal.  My mom got SUPER angry, and gave me a lecture on how I wouldn't be so calm when I got one on my wedding day.  I haven't shared a straw since.

Totally off the subject, my cat just tried to run under the coffee table, but she's growing really fast, and can't quite make it anymore. She just banged her head REALLY hard, and has a little bump on her head.  I suspect the 'graceful cat' thing is a lie. 
  • Heard a great story about a guy getting his Lamborghini towed last night. Apparently the guy was in a bar our friends work at and being a total douche. Saying things like "watch out, poor people coming through" we people walked by him. 

Our friend threw him out and as they all went outside they saw a tow truck start to pull away with his Lamborghini, with the bottom scraping along the pavement. He had parked in a lot with dozens of very clearly marked tow away zone signs. 

The guy freaked out and offered to pay the tow truck driver whatever the costs were. The driver agreed but the told the guy he had to go get cash.

As soon as he left one of the customers offered the driver the fee plus a bonus to take it away. And off he went!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:d914fa90-6978-45de-9e4c-0464af6b11e4">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: opinions : That's teacher speak for "Nebb needs to shut up and mind her own business." YWIA.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Lol story of my life
  • When I was at WInn-Dixie the other day, the weirdest thing happened. A guy who worked there walked out into the parking lot, totally innocently. He passed a group of people (three guys and a girl) standing by the door (their 3 friends were getting a prescription filled, I saw them inside).

Well, as the worker heads out, one guy from the group starts following and screaming at him. "Hey guy, that's my car! That's my car guy! What do you think you are doing?" He had a strange accent, so I couldn't understand everything. The worker was so confused and was like, "Um, this is my car." The other guy was all "This is my car over here! Why are you so close to it! You can't tow my car! this is my car!"

So. Weird. The worker was just getting a jacket out of his own car, and the other guy yelled at him the entire time not to tow his, which was parked in front of the worker's.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:28ee33c0-d675-47e7-9473-681e4dd4a93d">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: opinions : Doesn't CVS have its own parking lot?

obviously not. ;)

It's on the street level of a new apt building. They have an underground garage I think. It's probably like $5 for the first half hour though. That's why I laughed at the guy. A basic tow from campus is $189, and if you don't pick your car up within like 2 hours, they add an hourly holding fee.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:8901f646-0524-45de-9ca9-e208019c2e49">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: opinions : obviously not. ;) It's on the street level of a new apt building. They have an underground garage I think. It's probably like $5 for the first half hour though. That's why I laughed at the guy. A basic tow from campus is $189, and if you don't pick your car up within like 2 hours, they add an hourly holding fee.

What an idiot.
    I had a roommate in college that I borrowed her car sometimes to go to work.  You had to be out of the staff lots by 7am or you'd get towed.  She had an early class all the time, so for months I would park in that lot when I'd get home, and she'd move it when she woke up and went to class.  She liked not having to walk several blocks to get to her car in the morning.  One morning her alarm didn't go off, so she got ticketed and towed.  Somehow this became my fault and she tried to "sue" me in our in school court thing for the money.  I had offered to pay for half (which I did) since I was the last to drive it, but she said that wasn't enough and it was my fault she got towed.  Every time I pointed out to her that if she had asked me to move it to a student lot, I would have.  I can't move the car once I give her back the keys.
  • Parking here sucks. Free parking is few and far between. Metermaids are on top of their game though. If the sign says no parking until 6 and you park and leave your car at 5:59 they get.
  • edited January 2012
    Haha I know exactly what parking lot you are talking about steph. That parking area there sucks balls. I always went to that liquor store when I lived down the street from it, but my roomie was the only 21 yr old in our apt so I'd just idle in the car while she got the booze.

I'm in J's apt on campus at his school right now and it makes me appreciate the U's parking so much more. They have SHIIT parking for visitors. Absolute crap. So I basically just parked overnight in the apt parking lot, knowing I'd get a ticket. But the tickets here are $12, which is what I'd expect to pay overnight for a ramp in the cities, so I'm ok with it. ;)
  • edited January 2012
    haha. Yeah, I do that at home in WI. The one pub that's really popular has NO parking.  There's a huge lot across the street for a hotel, but they get pissed and call the cops.  Well, the parking tickets at home are $5, so I just park there anyway.  I'm used to paying $5 for an hour or so if I go out for dinner downtown here. 

ETA: I save at least $5 by drinking in WI instead anyway ;)

Have you ever watched "Parking Wars"? Best.Show.Ever. It is a reality show about  parking ticket agents, tow truck drivers and the people who work at tow lots. It is hysterical.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Haha it is kind of funny how i am so willing to just get the ticket because of how cheap it is. I got a ticket once for being over the meter by like 4 min on the U campus once and it was like $35 or something? That sucked.

Although now that its been snowing all morning, J texted me saying when he passed my car, there was no ticket on it yet. And the snow is covering my windshield pretty well now so unless the parking enforcement is REALLY motivated, I have a feeling I won't get a ticket. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:00c04c51-2d51-4b25-946e-405e6342a954">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: opinions : Have you ever watched "Parking Wars"? Best.Show.Ever. It is a reality show about  parking ticket agents, tow truck drivers and the people who work at tow lots. It is hysterical.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

That show made me anxious because it reminded me of how awful people were to me when I worked at a bank.
  • $34, MuSu.  Trust me. I got a few of those ;)  I fought off two of them, because I know people in Parking now.  One of them, I got out to my meter JUST as it was clicking to 'expired' and a ticket was there for 2 minutes prior. assholes. 

Alli- YES. I love that show. Apparently I enjoy laughing at other's misfortune.... well, misfortune isn't the right word, because they all deserve it. 
  • There are lots of "wars" on TV.  Shipping Wars, Parking Wars, Storage Wars.

I could watch Dance Moms all day long.  That shiit is hilarious.
    panther
  • that is such BS that they stick it on there before it expires. I was at Gold Medal park in Mpls when we were taking our E-pics, and there was a truck that was parked all strange so I parked behind it, but apparently because the truck was double parked, I gave the wrong meter my change. So we saw this guy about to write us a ticket and ran over to him. We had to argue that the truck was the one that effed up and confused us, since I DID actually pay a meter to park. I moved my car too and he gave up and left.
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Damn, I am jealous. Tickets are like $70 here depending on the exact violation.

There are a few areas around here where the parking cops are always out in force. I got a ticket a few years ago that was written at 6:40pm, it said the meter expired at 6:45. Luckily all I had to do was call and they deleted it from the system. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards