New Jersey
Options

DIY Pocketfold Invites

I really want to try to make my own pocketfold invites, so I figure I should get started early, so if it doesnt go well, I can find a printer. For any of you who have done your own pocketfold invites (or some of your invite on your own) do you have any pictures you could post for inspiration? I got some samples from cards and pockets and I cant wait to try it out. Thanks!

Re: DIY Pocketfold Invites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Heres mine.  I looked a lot on etsy for inspiration when I was working on ours. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you scroll back to Saturday I posted pics of my invites that I made through C&P. The post is called "Aw: My invites"
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much- just a quick question - how much would you estimate your final product cost per invite? Did it end up saving you a lot of money?
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    It came out to be about $4-5/invite. I could have done invites for the same price without any DIY, but it wouldn't have been what I wanted and it wouldn't have looked as nice.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine were super cheap.  I made the pocketfolds for .32 each whcih saved a ton.  My white paper was from walmart.  I had it on hand already but it runs $5 for 250 sheets I believe.  The orange and blue paper was from anchor paper and the ribbon from michaels. Envelopes were from envelopemall.   I calculated that if I only factored in the cost of the materials used they cost about $1 plus postage.  If I calculate everything in (all the extras I overbought) its about $2-$3 each.  I have a ton of paper left over.  Enough to do menu cards, thanks yous, drink stirrers and programs.  I also used some to make art for my bedroom. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am in the process of doing mine right now.. i can take a pic of the started product tonight. The reason why I DIY them is because I am very picky with design (i am a art director) and i wanted really luxurious ones with a lot of details and metaliics. I am having a large wedding (300+ people!) and if I was going to have these custom made to the specs and my personal likings I would have easily spent between $4-5k! I think the total cost is about $1900 right now- so I saved a lot.

I got nearly everything from paperpresentation.com and if ou have time you should visit their store in Chelsea in NYC and take a look around. they are so helpful and the have tons of colors, mockups, and ideas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Michael's does have some pocketfold invites as well. However if you want great inspiration, check out envelopments.com. They created pre-scored and pocket stock for you. They are wholesale, but they have online retailers who will sell to you.

The only thing I would note about pocketfolds, the more you put in them the more expensive they are to mail. Mine were pretty heavy and cost $0.98 to mail each one. I am actually a designer so its what I do, happy to answer any questions you might have.

Cheers!
    J
  • Options
    jeny79jeny79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are ones that I did for a friend. A little labor intensive but I like doing this kind of stuff so I didn't mind.

• Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    jeny I love them!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ignore the black outs..... theses were made from Cards and Pockets products.  No clue how much they cost because I ordered a little at a time when the stuff was on sale (discontinued color).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much- you all have beautiful invitations!!! I hope mine look 1/2 as good :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards