Wedding Woes

The hostage situation continues

http://news.yahoo.com/standoff-ala-gunman-holed-kidnapped-boy-044359841.html

They've identified the boy, who is 5, not 6, and the gunman.

"
The gunman, identified by neighbors as Jimmy Lee Dykes, a 65-year-old retired truck driver, was known around the neighborhood as a menacing figure who once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, threatened to shoot children for setting foot on his property and patrolled his yard at night with a flashlight and a shotgun."

He was supposed to appear in court yesterday because he shot at his neighbors.

Re: The hostage situation continues

• Holy cow.
  • Yeah, I just read up this case this morning.

Supposedly the kid needs daily meds.  I hope that it's not life-threatening to the child if he doesn't get his medication.   I cannot imagine what his parents are feeling.

I do think it's good they're not releasing every minute detail of the case.  I hope it means they're making some sort of progress with getting the kid out.

• Conn - they sent the boy's meds down yesterday and for whatever reason, they believe he is taking them as scheduled.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_the-hostage-situation-continues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:eac8a366-fb1f-4c8f-95af-887d1b585655Post:ca2a2537-c80e-4381-9221-443962cb30be">Re: The hostage situation continues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Conn - they sent the boy's meds down yesterday and for whatever reason, they believe he is taking them as scheduled.
    Posted by tawillers[/QUOTE]

Ugh.  This breaks my heart even more for some reason. 

I can't say I wouldn't think for one second about *not* sending the meds down to see if that would get him to release my kid.  But you'd never want to cause your kid's discomfort and exacerbate a condition because he didn't have the meds.  Catch-fcking-22.
  • Those poor parents and that poor little boy. Praying for him.

• I thought I read this morning that the kid has Asbergers and something else, which I think will make the trauma of being held hostage even worse :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards