Missouri-St Louis

November, St. Louis, Outside?

Planning on having my wedding in November (early) in St. Louis- can't decide whether or not I can have it outside?..Some say it is too cold and some say go for it! I am not having a church wedding and as far as ceremony locations go, I am lost. 

Re: November, St. Louis, Outside?

• dannad890dannad890 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Planning on having my wedding in November (early) in St. Louis- can't decide whether or not I can have it outside?..Some say it is too cold and some say go for it! I am not having a church wedding and as far as ceremony locations go, I am lost. 
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin decided to risk an outdoor wedding in November because in Cincinnati, it can be a nice fall evening or a blustery winter night that month.  She lost.  At the last minute her wedding had to be crammed inside where the reception was held.  It just kind of loses something when the only thing in front of the B&G is a beige wall and when you look over your shoulder you see the buffet and tables.

If you decide on an outdoor wedding, I'd be very sure to have a good backup plan.  I'm doing outdoors also but made sure it would be in a place where we could move it inside.  We're getting married at a historic B&B; if it rains, we'll just move into the front parlor.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    I'd pick a place that you have both options to do the ceremony.   The Piper Palm House at Tower Grove Park has both indoor/outdoor ceremony options.
    So if for some reason on your wedding day it's too cold/nasty to do the ceremony outdoors you could bring indoors easily and you won't have to worry about notifying guests of a location change. 
    Good Luck choosing a venue!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, but I would say no to the outdoors in November.  You just never know!! My birthday is in November and you just never know what you are going to get.  And, a few years back we built a giant snowman on Thanksgiving right here in Mid-Missouri, so I would not chance it outdoors.

We looked at the Jewel Box, as one idea.  Also, you could do a B&B, museum, hotel....there are lots of indoor options, but it might take going to the area you are wanting and just really looking for what is available.

GL
  • cbvcru67cbvcru67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go for an inside wedding with lots of outside fall photos.  I was in a wedding in November one year, and it looked to be a beautiful day - and it was still only about 45 degrees - if that!  To be honest, I almost hated the bride for it becase we took an obscene amount of photos outside at multiple locations and did lots of walking. I know the shots turned out beautiful, but we were all miserable and freezing throughout.  She was all warm and hyped up on adrenaline.  By the third hour, we were wiped out.  But, I digress.  It was pretty looking and cold enough feeling for me to say nix the outdoor wedding and if you need to make anyone suffer, make it your bridal party and only for a short while. 
  • dannad890dannad890 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really don't want it outside- but for some reason FH is set on outside. He keeps talking about these "huge heaters" that we can rent that are really warm and we'll have nothing to worry about. It's just tough to say, Missouri can be so random!
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have to say no to November in STL. Our wedding was October 10th (which is the same- you don't know if it will be in the 70's or 40's) and we lucked out in that it was in the low to mid 60's and sunny, but my bridesmaids still admitted to me later on that they were cold. (We lucked out in that the day before it rained all day long and the temp dropped from the 60's to the low 40's- our rehearsal was horrible!).  Most of our guests were "okay" (not great) temperature wise but they were wearing suit coats and cardigans. Don't do it to your guests!  Even if the ceremony is super short, they will be really uncomfortable, and you don't want them dying for your wedding to be over!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards