April 2012 Weddings

First wedding gift...

So, FI and I recieved our first wedding gift (gift card) from his uncle who is unable to attend the wedding.  Obviously we opened the card that included his RSVP and saw the GC but aren't planning on spending it yet.

My question is...the return address of our TY cards has "Jaimie and FI Lastname" preprinted with my new last name and our address.  Is that weird to send it to FI's uncle before we're married?  I did b/c it's all I had but am not sure if I should have bought some regular TY cards to send out before we're hitched.  Thoughts? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First wedding gift...

• I have Thank You cards for my shower with out my FI name on them so i would have used one of those and signed it from both of us, but I dont really think it's that big of a deal to use the preprinted one

• It would be a little strange,  but I don't think it's that big of a deal. What are the chances that your uncle is going to notice that? Now, if it was your etiquette queen great-grandmother, then I'd be more careful. 
  • I'm superstitious and wouldn't do it for that reason (and the etiquette reason).

But it's not the worst faux pas.
  • I'm not having a shower...so I didn't buy any plain.  :(  Dang.  Maybe i'll pick some up in case we get more. 
    Thanks!!
  • I have TY cards for both for the same reasons.  I would grab a small pack of generic cards from Target or something in case it comes up again (plus it never hurts to have them on hand- you could even do generic notecards and write the TY message inside).  That said, its not the end of the world.  The bigger faux pas would obviously have been to not send one at all.
  • Thanks guys!  I'm going to run to Target on the way home...this way if we get anymore pre-wedding gifts...i'll be prepared.  :) 

I appreciate the advice! 
  • I didn't even think of that.  Good call.  I have cards coming from VP (due in next week), but it uses what will be my married last name on them.  I didn't even think about what happens when I send them early.  Target, here I come!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards