October 2012 Weddings

first look?

Are you doing a first look? I'm thinking about doing it. Opinions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: first look?

• Do it!!!  I hear its amazing...you will still get all of your pictures from coming down the isle and all that...but this is a more intimate moment between the two of you...just the two of you and Im really looking forward to ours!!!!  My photographer was very good about explaining it and she actually did such a good job, FI was on board to do it after talking to the photog about it....we are doing it...cant wait!
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
  • Yep we are.  I'm excited for it!!

• We're doing it. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most.
    Anniversary
  • We are.  FI will likely tear up at the ceremony (he's cute like that.)  If he tears up I'll ugly cry, so I'd rather do pictures before I destroy my makeup.
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We did it and I highly recommend it!!! It is still a special moment between you and FI and you will be a whole lot calmer when it is time to walk down the aisle. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • i wanted to but he didn't.  he is very adament on not seeing me before the ceremony.  i'm okay with not doing it.
  • WE did it...
    and it didn't make walking down the aisle to him any less important...

I AM SO Glad we did it!!! (I get the photos in a couple hours, can't wait to see them)

I AM SO HAPPY we did it... we also did most of OUR shots before hand... which for us worked out in our favor as in the middle of our ceremony it rained/hailed/rained somemore... then the sun came out LOL

I'd do it...
  • FI said one of the things he's most excited about is seeing me come through the door so it was very important to him not to do a first look. I wanted to actually but since it meant a lot to him, we're not going to do it. We'll do pictures with our bridesmaids and groomsmen beforehand but not with each other.
  • We did it and it was probably my favorite moment of the day. It was such a special and emotional moment. We were both crying and just so happy to finally see eachother. Walking down the aisle towards him was still very special and I cried just as much as i would have had I not seen him before the ceremony. Plus you get such intimate pictures of you seeing each other for the first time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're planning to do it. At first he wasn't sure, but I know I will cry and it will be ugly, so if nothing else, I'm hoping to relieve a little bit of the pressure of walking down the aisle AND seeing each other for the first time! (Need proof? I'm tearing up now thinking about it.)
  • We did it, and I'm sooo glad we did.  It was so much more special, and I love that I got to hug and kiss him right away!  It also made after the ceremony so much calmer, we had a lot less pictures to get.  I don't know why people say its less special going down the aisle, it was incredible walking down the aisle to him, I really don't remember the walking part haha, just his face and his smile.  I didn't cry at the first look, but the second I turn the corner to come down the isle it was all I could do to keep it together!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_first-look-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:2a2ae819-5b4f-4323-a5a1-5d5242089607Post:2cd42fb3-0624-4fec-95b9-137b1cc3cca0">Re: first look?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did it and I highly recommend it!!! It is still a special moment between you and FI and you will be a whole lot calmer when it is time to walk down the aisle. 
    Posted by DanaOcNy[/QUOTE]
  • I will say that with the same date as me, you should talk to your FI & photographer about this soon.  That way you and FI are on the same page, and then the photographer is aware of the scheduling.  Our venue is a golf course, so our coordinator wanted to know in advance if we were doing pictures out on the course before....including the first look on the bridge. 

• We did it and it was the best moment of the day if you ask me. It was a great intimate moment where it was just us and the photographer and then the wedding party met up with us 15 minutes later. We also exchanged love notes and read them then, which started to make me emotional. Definitely worth it!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Okay! We are going to do it! I believe it will relieve a little stress for me. Fi is up for whatever. I know I will be emotional so this is what we are going to do. Only a few more days!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing it. Like Dana said, I hear it is such a special moment and makes things easier when walking down the aisle happens. I think my FI and I would be much calmer this way. Not only that but we are not intimate when others are around, so I think this will make that moment priceless.

i would have to say we were not going to do it...but many of the girls who did it and who are going to do it have great opinions...and it definitely makes more sense to do it. Plus, its more time you get to enjoy your reception!!
    Good Luck!!
    weddingpic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards