So here's the deal-
We were planning on having one of our friends do the photography for our wedding-before, during ceremony, formal bridal party pictures, and a little at the reception. We were going to pay her, but I know it would have been cheaper due to the fact that she isn't a "professional" photographer.
However, after this was agreed upon our friend had to have back surgery at the beginning of April and I just found out that she's not expected to be recovered until the first week in June (my wedding is 6/22/2012). Plus she is also supposed to be in the delivery room of one of our best friends whose due date is 6/27/2012. Now, after I found out about the surgery I asked her what she thought about doing the photography and she said she thought she could still. Keep in mind that there is no formal contract or even a price discussed yet.
My parents (who are paying for the wedding) took this as they should hire a different photographer which they have already done, especially when my fiance agreed that we should hire someone else. He knows our friend better and felt that if our mutual friend "happened" to go into labor on our wedding day that the photographer would decide to go to be with our mutual friend rather than do the job.
How should I handle this? I tried to argue with my parents about the fact that this had already been decided, but they wanted a sure thing and its their money. I feel terrible for having to cancel on my friend, but at the same time I'm not sure she would have been that reliable.....