Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

And the bad news continues

My mom, which is also my TA just called and said my brother and his FI, which were booked for the cruise, are canceling.....WTF!!!!  They have a baby that will be 1 year old on July 7th, her mom lives in Ohio, they are in Miami, her mom was supposed to come down for the week and stay at their place to watch the baby, and all of the sudden she is now saying she can't make it, so again, WTF!!!!!  What a day this has been!

Re: And the bad news continues

• Options
    That is super effed up! Im sorry about all of the bad news! Can they take the baby?
  • Options
    That really sucks!!!  I'm sorry to hear this!!!  That's just not cool!!! 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. It really sucks. Isn't there anyone else they can leave the baby with?
    Wedding Countdown TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    that really sucks...

At this point I would want to just go to bed and not relive this day at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
    Well, they had been in discussion with my mom about this for over a week now and didn't want to tell me because they were trying to work something out.  In order to bring they baby, they would have to change their cabin, for a downgrade it would be $669 and for an upgrade it would be $952 which I think is outrageous for a baby!!  She was hoping a friend of hers from Ohio could come down but she can't because of work.  They just moved to Miami not to long ago so they don't know many people there.  One of my mom's co-workers said they would keep him but they don't like the idea of leaving him with a stranger, which I understand.  So they basically ran out of options and had to cancel before it was to late.  They will get back all their money except $500.00.  They said they will still come to the ceremony, which I'm happy about but I really wanted my brother on the cruise with us too Cry
  • Options
    oh no... that is so unfortunate. I'm soooo sorry.
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• Options
    Awe man, I'm so sorry! That's rough. That good that at least he will be there for the ceremony.
  • Options
    I'm SO sorry, that is terrible.  I'm sure they are just as devastated as you.  On top of missing the cruise, they are losing $500.  They will be there for your ceremony so hopefully you can focus on that positive.

I agree w/ Beckerz...time to go to bed and start a new day.

More HUGS!!!
  • Options
    Aww, dew, I'm so sorry! That stinks! I'm glad they'll be able to come to the ceremony though!
  • Options

Hey there. I'm also sorry you found out about both of your close guests not making it today. But at least your brother is coming to the ceremony still. I think you should be glad for that! :) That seems like good news! Maybe it just seems worse than it is because you already got the news about your other friend earlier.

• Options
    Oh no :( I'm so sorry you're having a bad news day. It's nice that they'll be able to come for the ceremony at least. But I'd want them there the whole time too. I can't believe they'd get charged over $500 for a baby! How much room does a baby take up?!
    *hugs* Maybe its time to treat yourself to a nice glass of wine and your favourite treat (mine would be cheesecake!). ;)
  • Options
    Man! I'm sorry!
  • Options
    oh man im so sorry..::::VIBES THAT THEY CAN FIGURE SOMETHING OUT SOON:::::::::
  • Options
    Aw Dew, what a yuck day! How horribly disapointing for you the whole way around. I am so sorry, hugs to you! I agree , I would have to have a glass of wine and go to bed and start over tomorrow.
  • Options
    That stinks!  I'm sorry they can't cruise with you but thankfully you can still take some pics with them right after the ceremony.

You're cruising on Carnival, right?  We looked and they only charged about $175 for a 3rd person in the cabin.  If they explain it's a baby and they won't need an extra bed, they shouldn't have to change their cabin.  Weird.

*HUGS HUGS* for you, though!  Sending knottie vibes that tomorrow is a MUCH better day for you!
  • Options
    I am so sorry.  I know how you will feel not having your brother there, my own twin sister didn't come to ours.   At least it seems like your bro and SIL were trying to work it out, and maybe they still can...  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but hugs in the meantime for the horrible day you've had.  You deserve a nice big glass of wine and cuddly pj's to relax in!
  • Options
    What a rough day, Denise!

I'm sending you lots of light and vibes;  sometimes it's a good idea to count your blessings - at least your brother can come to the ceremony! Keep your chin up honey!
    *m*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    DW Siggy: Current Books
    White Knot
    image 149 Received the invite of the century. image 90 are coming to party with the unicorns! image 37 will miss out on the good food and eat hot pockets instead. image 22 think I'm psychic.

My Bio, updated 4/24/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards