Connecticut

Bridal shower this last weekend! PIP

So i had my bridal shower Sunday and PHEW! It went so well! It was so much fun! We had it at Anastagio's Steak House in East Haven. It's a fairly new place (they have another one on wooster street in New Haven) but it went so well! The moms and my MOH and BM decorated so well! Everyone kept complementing the food and asking if they were open for dinners (they are). Only downside was when the place was booked we were told we'd have the whole venue to ourselves and when we got there they had a 20 party set up in a small area for a birthday (sigh, my stepmother was not happy and had a huge fight with the owner). Other than that it went so well! AND FAST! The shower was only 3 1/2 hours but it felt like 1. It makes me realize how fast the day of the wedding is going to go by! :(

My sister's future cousin in-law has her own baking business and did these delicious mini cupcakes and display!

table decorations my step-mother made

me terrified walking in and everyone clapping and cheering for me (i had to sit down and have a glass of wine before i got back up in front of everyone)

monngramed towels that i then turned upside down. FI's last name is a W and mine is a M
ehh ehh? works right? lol.

me and the bridesmaids! (i need to get off the knot and lay out more)
and of course the bow hat. My grandma made one of my bridesmaids hold it on me because i didn't want to wear it! But anything to make gram happy!

I got my dress at anne taylor loft (outlet in clinton) if anyones looking for some cute and reasonably priced outfits for wedding things! :)

Re: Bridal shower this last weekend! PIP

• edited December 2011
    Yay!  Looks like SO much fun!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Looks like you had so much fun!  Yay!  Just over a month to go!
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love the pics! congrats!!
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything looked great, and it seems like you had alot of fun!  Congrats! You're almost there!  :)
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Those cupcakes are adorable, you are so lucky to have someone who can do that for you!  The pictures are really fun!
    imageimage
  • cdbishopcdbishop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

sounds/looks like it was a great day!! Very cute dress

• edited December 2011
    Looks like such a fun day!!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    What a great shower!! I love the cupcakes and the centerpieces! You're so right about how fast it goes by! If you think the shower was fast, just WAIT till the wedding flies by you! Thank goodness for our wedding video or I wouldn't remember most of what even happened!!
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!! That's awesome!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_bridal-shower-this-last-weekend-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:3d6c14d3-ae55-46fb-b6d2-3d7444045527Post:f5f76afd-7ea5-46f1-8b0d-48a4e695d6e5">Re: Bridal shower this last weekend! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]What a great shower!! I love the cupcakes and the centerpieces! You're so right about how fast it goes by! If you think the shower was fast, just WAIT till the wedding flies by you! Thank goodness for our wedding video or I wouldn't remember most of what even happened!!
    Posted by Salamandy24[/QUOTE]

<div>I've been HOUNDING my FI about booking a videographer because I thought I wouldn't need it. Now im so worried but my step-mothers sister offered to just use our video camera throughout the night (she used to do wedding and we just bought an awesome HD camera) haha I was like "i don't care about quality I just want to be able to see things again!!" :( I found a few cheap videographers but at this point with 5 weeks to go we've already blown our budget by 10k bleeeeeeeh. cheap hand held and homemade is how its going to go. Luckily i have 3 photographers so hopefully i'll see some stuff that way also :P</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards