Chit Chat

Considering CANCELLING my wedding.

Hey gals and guys,

I'm really having a hard time with everything going on.  I love my fiance to death, but everyone keeps butting in to all of our plans.  It's no longer "our" wedding.  It's everyone elses wedding.

I'm so frusterated right now.  I have gotten into fights with my mom (for trying to take over my big day), my sister (for her dress shopping while I was trying on dresses), my future mother in law and future sister in laws (for going dress shopping without me), my grandmother (for calling and making sure that everyone that she wanted to be there was on the guest list), and now my fiance and I are fighting because I'm so overstressed and he's sick of everyone else fighting.

I'm trying to make everyone else happy, but now I'm starting to realize that I'm making myself miserable.  My fiance and I have talked about calling off the whole wedding (even though almost everything is paid for, (my wedding is in a sept)) and just doing a small ceremony with a few close friends and family.

We know we want to get married and spend the rest of our lives together, but everyone is getting in the way of us being happy and wanting things our way.  I feel like our wedding has turned into a popularity contest for our parents.  They're inviting people they haven't talked to in 5+ years.  My fiance and I almost had to start cutting people off our guest list.

I'm just wondering if all the stress of a big wedding is even worth it.  Has anyone else been in these situations or is it just me?  I'm so stressed and can't quit getting upset over the littleist things.  I used to be a strong person, but now I feel like I need a second opinion on everything I do (even my job), just to make sure everyone else is okay with it.

Please help!

Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:3bf05d54-8211-499f-9e68-ec47ac777b89">Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey gals and guys, I'm really having a hard time with everything going on.  I love my fiance to death, but everyone keeps butting in to all of our plans.  It's no longer "our" wedding.  It's everyone elses wedding. I'm so frusterated right now.  <div>I have gotten into fights with my mom (for trying to take over my big day), my sister (for her dress shopping while I was trying on dresses), my future mother in law and future sister in laws (for going dress shopping without me), my grandmother (for calling and making sure that everyone that she wanted to be there was on the guest list), and now my fiance and I are fighting because I'm so overstressed and he's sick of everyone else fighting. I'm trying to make everyone else happy, but now I'm starting to realize that I'm making myself miserable.  My fiance and I have talked about calling off the whole wedding (even though almost everything is paid for, (my wedding is in a sept)) and just doing a small ceremony with a few close friends and family. We know we want to get married and spend the rest of our lives together, but everyone is getting in the way of us being happy and wanting things our way.  I feel like our wedding has turned into a popularity contest for our parents.  They're inviting people they haven't talked to in 5+ years.  My fiance and I almost had to start cutting people off our guest list. I'm just wondering if all the stress of a big wedding is even worth it.  Has anyone else been in these situations or is it just me?  I'm so stressed and can't quit getting upset over the littleist things.  I used to be a strong person, but now I feel like I need a second opinion on everything I do (even my job), just to make sure everyone else is okay with it. Please help!
    Posted by nwt5[/QUOTE]

</div><div>Seriously?  You are upset that your sister tried on dresses and that other people bought dresses without you?  Seriously?  Oh, and that your parents want to invite their family and friends?  This is what happens at weddings!  If they're paying, they get to control the guest list.  If they aren't, just tell them no.  It's absurd to be getting into fights over this!</div><div>
    </div><div>If your problem was that your sister was threatening to burn down your venue and your MIL likes to throw her feces, this sort of reaction would make sense.  But dress shopping and guest lists are just part of weddings.  If you can't handle dealing with other women buying themselves dresses and parents/grandparents wanting to invite people, you probably need to just elope.  Or better yet, grow up before you think about getting married.  </div>
  • Oh c'mon, really? Suck it up and stop making everything into such a big deal. So what someone tried on dresses without you there. They can't try things on without it being in your presence?

Sorry, but I think you're being overly dramatic and freaking out about things that just don't matter as much as you think they do.

If you want to go ahead and cancel your big wedding to elope, and lose out on all the hard work and money you put into it over a few hiccups, then that's on you. Personally, I think it's a bad idea.

I don't know how you deal with the stresses of life, or how you will deal with future problems (which can be much worse than this), if you can't just take a deep breath and get through wedding planning.
  • I say plan the wedding you and your FI want, do all the work yourselves, and leave them out of the planning process.  Less headaches for you and them.  Send them all the invitations as appropriately as you can, and involve the ones that must be involved in the ceremony if you want them (mom/ dad / etc).  If you want a wedding party, just make sure they know when to be where, and don't worry about trying to ask for their help... it's a LOT Easier if you just tackle it and let them know when to be where.  Seriously, it will all be okay!  It might be more work on your end, but it's fewer "cooks in the kitchen" and in the end, you'll be a lot happier because it's the wedding that you and your FI want!!  

No, it doesn't have to be a big wedding.  You could just invite immediate family if you want to, and go to the courthouse, and have a backyard reception if you want a small party.  If that's what you want.   If you want a bigger party, there are more responsibilities as far as planning and hosting, but it can be done by just your FI and yourself.  Relax, take a big breath, and re-group!! :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Alright, sorry to bother all of you, I was just hoping to get some advice.  Thank you Kelly.  I will get things figured out. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:665fcd30-8e85-4c9c-a484-5ccbb6be89a2">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alright, sorry to bother all of you, I was just hoping to get some advice.  Thank you Kelly.  I will get things figured out. 
    Posted by nwt5[/QUOTE]

<div>Chill out and quit being so dramatic IS advice.  </div>
  • Im really thinking you need to

1. stop telling people about your wedding / talking plans with them / giving details out
    2. Pick a guest list, stick with it and when others want to add more, explain it's not feasible.
    3. Stop planning for about two weeks or so. Go on a weekend trip some where with your FI and remember WHY you're getting married.

EVERYONE stresses. This is all NORMAL. The trick is. . try and get some thicker skin, stand up for what you and your FI want and for goodness sake, stop getting into fights about petty things like trying on dresses and guests.

Those fights. . .AREN'T WORTH IT! Especially if it somehow ends up causing a rift with your FIL's.

Pick and chose your fights wisely. These aren't the battles that need to be occurring and they definitely shouldn't be causing issues between yourself and your FI.

To over all answer your question . . stress is normal. It's how you handle your stress, that tells a lot about you as well as your future with handling other stressors.

Good luck
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:f7f590f1-1353-4b48-962b-8dd495e88278">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bottom line...TAKE CONTROL OF UR WEDDING DAY! Its not what they want and yu gotta tell thm tht and be done with it..if they dnt wanna abide thn they dnt need to be apart of it. thts how i feel. Wedding planning can be a bit stressful but yu dnt have to let it break yu dwn completely...FOCUS on yu and ur fiance..talk to him and ur coordinator if yu have one..everyone elses opinion is jst tht...THEIR OPINION!   Good Luck the rest of the way and feel free to msg me if yu want to vent further! 
    Posted by Missyuknowho[/QUOTE]

Do you have something against vowels?
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:f7f590f1-1353-4b48-962b-8dd495e88278">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bottom line...TAKE CONTROL OF UR WEDDING DAY! Its not what they want and yu gotta tell thm tht and be done with it..if they dnt wanna abide thn they dnt need to be apart of it. thts how i feel. Wedding planning can be a bit stressful but yu dnt have to let it break yu dwn completely...FOCUS on yu and ur fiance..talk to him and ur coordinator if yu have one..everyone elses opinion is jst tht...THEIR OPINION!   Good Luck the rest of the way and feel free to msg me if yu want to vent further! 

Forgive me. . but I felt compelled to fix this. Obviously you're having typing issues tonight.

"Bottom line...take control of your wedding day! Its not what they want andyou  have to tell them that and be done with it. <strong>If they dont want to abide, then they dont need to be apart of it. Thats how I feel.</strong> Wedding planning can be a bit stressful but you dont have to let it break you down completely. Focus on you and your fiance. Talk to him and your coordinator if you have one. Everyone elses opinion is just that..their opinion!  Good Luck the rest of the way and feel free to message me if you want to vent further! "

Missyuknowho: Please use vowels. .they don't cost money like on Wheel-of-fortune and they make reading so much easier for those of us that are trying to respond to posts. These vowels consist of "A E I O and U". You can thank me later for this tip :o)

Also. . .the bolded area. . .no one has to ABIDE by someone elses weddings. There are no laws. I think, personally, that your statement isn't helpful. I think it'll just further fuel OP's fire as far as having frustration towards certain individuals in her circle.

EDIT: Fail on game show name. :-p
  • First off, relax!  If all that matters is that you and your fiance get married, then just brush the rest off your shoulders.

Sounds like you really need to learn the art of deflection.  Getting into "fights" is childish and unproductive.  If someone makes a suggestion or comment you don't like, say "Thanks, but we're already doing ________" or "I'll keep that in mind".   

If you don't want your mom to have input, then you have to pay for the wedding yourself.  If you are paying for your wedding, then learn how to say no politely and firmly (and refer back to the art of deflection) 

Cancelling your wedding is overdramatic  and threatening to equates to a temper tantrum.  Relax, one day isn't worth all this drama!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:c98f00e8-c84b-4483-ae28-9d6c9d705cf9">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding. : Forgive me. . but I felt compelled to fix this. Obviously you're having typing issues tonight. "Bottom line...take control of your wedding day! Its not what they want andyou  have to tell them that and be done with it. If they dont want to abide, then they dont need to be apart of it. Thats how I feel. Wedding planning can be a bit stressful but you dont have to let it break you down completely. Focus on you and your fiance. Talk to him and your coordinator if you have one. Everyone elses opinion is just that..their opinion!  Good Luck the rest of the way and feel free to message me if you want to vent further! " Missyuknowho: <strong>Please use vowels. .they don't cost money like on jeopardy and they make reading so much easier for those of us that are trying to respond to posts. These vowels consist of "A E I O and U</strong>". You can thank me later for this tip :o) Also. . .the bolded area. . .no one has to ABIDE by someone elses weddings. There are no laws. I think, personally, that your statement isn't helpful. I think it'll just further fuel OP's fire as far as having frustration towards certain individuals in her circle.
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

1. Bahahaha.

2. And sometimes "Y".
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:b74ffe08-d18d-4ef1-8c34-7b0899bb5a69">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding. : 1. Bahahaha. 2. And sometimes "Y".
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

OH SHIZNIT! I forgot about Y. . .forgive me. . .my brain was frazzled trying to figure out what the heck that poster was trying to get across.

Y. . .I'm sincerely sorry, I pledge to never ever forget you again :o)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:d5fa523f-4b28-4b91-9875-c08ca2e2023a">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding. : OH SHIZNIT! I forgot about Y. . .forgive me. . .my brain was frazzled trying to figure out what the heck that poster was trying to get across. Y. . .I'm sincerely sorry, I pledge to never ever forget you again :o)
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Ha! I just want to make sure she has all the tools to write rich and compelling posts.
  • OP, the common denominator seems to be you.  Calmdown.

Good luck with planning though!
  • OP,

Just relax. Really, a wedding isn't all about you. Of course people will try on dresses without you or want everyone on the guest list. People care about their wants too (how they look, convenience, their family & friends). Breathe. (As long as you are paying) you can tell people no. But right now, just drink some wine & relax  ;)

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:aac1b7ea-f308-4bf6-9fa4-3dcd7031ca19">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding. : Actually, you're thinking of Wheel of Fortune. How can you expect people to take your advice seriously?!?!?!?! 
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Man, I'm failing left and right. I have finals in the morning that I've been studying for all weekend. I'll admit it though, that was a bad fail on my part. Oops.
  • lmbo!! The Knot "teachers" are all over me tonight. Thanks ladies for the advice on the vowels and i promise to do better. Not like i can't do it, i just don't. Anyways i will do you all and myself the favor of using vowels if you all promise to get a life and stop trying to be tough on "THE KNOT". LOL Goodnight
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:b5f2942e-8ecf-4147-a31f-8e212a3c9527">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]lmbo!! The Knot "teachers" are all over me tonight. Thanks ladies for the advice on the vowels and i promise to do better. Not like i can't do it, i just don't. Anyways i will do you all and myself the favor of using vowels if you all promise to get a life and stop trying to be tough on "THE KNOT". LOL Goodnight

Aww, thats cute. We're teachers now :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:b5f2942e-8ecf-4147-a31f-8e212a3c9527">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]lmbo!! The Knot "teachers" are all over me tonight. Thanks ladies for the advice on the vowels and i promise to do better. <strong>Not like i can't do it, i just don't.</strong> Anyways i will do you all and myself the favor of using vowels if you all promise to get a life and stop trying to be tough on "THE KNOT". LOL Goodnight

When you choose not to use vowels, you sound less intelligent than you are.  Here, on the internet, all we have to go on is your written word.  Therefore you have less credibility than you might otherwise, if you wrote properly.

Judging by your reaction to our well-intended advice, I'm on the point of spotting your problem.  If you're fighting with virtually everyone you know, then it's you.

Again, good luck with your planning.
  • edited May 2011
    Who is paying for the wedding? This is happening to me, but I've accepted it because my parents are paying for everything. It's not like they've done anything that FI and I hate, so it isn'tbad. I just get stressed easily so I gladly accepted her help and let her handle all the big details like booking places. She consulted me and we talked about what we would like for the wedding and we would agree on something. Soe things were done without my knowing, like she booked a photographer without me knowing, but so what? They picked somewhere good that I have had experience with. At the end of the day, I'm marrying my best friend no matter what, and the rest is just details.Smile I'm hoping this makes sense. Good luck!

ETA: And they also invited some of their friends I don't know. But I don't really care, because I like the ones I have met, so I'm just assuming the ones I haven't met are nice people too.

ETA again: I guess this wasn't really advice, sorry. I guess knowing that someone knows how you feel and just hearing someone elses story is just as ggood as advice. You know? Ok sorry, no more ETA's.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:2c548a9c-1591-4421-8826-d0e618f00a32">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want you to sit down and watch the news tonight.  Listen to the stories of the 9/11 survivors who are just now getting justice for themselves and their families.  Listen to the stories of the tornado survivors in the south.  Think about the brides in Alabama who have just had their homes, churches or venues destroyed. Now ask yourself, just what is so important about YOUR problems?
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

Thank you! This is so true!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:b5f2942e-8ecf-4147-a31f-8e212a3c9527">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]lmbo!! The Knot "teachers" are all over me tonight. Thanks ladies for the advice on the vowels and i promise to do better. Not like i can't do it, i just don't. Anyways i will do you all and myself the favor of using vowels if you all promise to get a life and stop trying to be tough on "THE KNOT". LOL Goodnight

What is the matter with you? A couple of people asked you to type properly so that it makes it easier for us to read and understand. That's common courtesy not an outlandish request.

Telling people to get a life is really childish and nasty. And the only person who appears to be "trying to act tough" on TK, is you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:5ec597e1-dc4d-4737-8afb-fb4ba294ba03">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is Teacher Appreciation Week. Maybe she'll be sending us all gifts....
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Ooooh!! In that case, I would like some chocolate covered strawberries please :)
  • Anyone else think that Missyuknowho reminds them of a "pregly" poster????

• edited May 2011
    why does she keep deleting posts?  we can still see that your not very bright. as for the poster, chill out stop planning for a little, and stop being dramatic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:97548196-e073-45e6-b2dc-bc79217f3068">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone else think that Missyuknowho reminds them of a "pregly" poster????
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

what kind of dog is that you have? looks excatly like my dog but darker. when i got him all they told me was that he was a german shep. mix
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:3bf05d54-8211-499f-9e68-ec47ac777b89">Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey gals and guys, I'm really having a hard time with everything going on.  I love my fiance to death, but everyone keeps butting in to all of our plans.  It's no longer "our" wedding.  It's everyone elses wedding. I'm so frusterated right now.  I have gotten into fights with my mom (for trying to take over my big day), my sister (for her dress shopping while I was trying on dresses), <strong>my future mother in law and future sister in laws (for going dress shopping without me),</strong> my grandmother (for calling and making sure that everyone that she wanted to be there was on the guest list), and now my fiance and I are fighting because I'm so overstressed and he's sick of everyone else fighting. I'm trying to make everyone else happy, but now I'm starting to realize that I'm making myself miserable.  My fiance and I have talked about calling off the whole wedding (even though almost everything is paid for, (my wedding is in a sept)) and just doing a small ceremony with a few close friends and family. We know we want to get married and spend the rest of our lives together, but everyone is getting in the way of us being happy and wanting things our way.  I feel like our wedding has turned into a popularity contest for our parents.  They're inviting people they haven't talked to in 5+ years.  My fiance and I almost had to start cutting people off our guest list. I'm just wondering if all the stress of a big wedding is even worth it.  Has anyone else been in these situations or is it just me?  I'm so stressed and can't quit getting upset over the littleist things.  I used to be a strong person, but now I feel like I need a second opinion on everything I do (even my job), just to make sure everyone else is okay with it. Please help!
    Posted by nwt5[/QUOTE]

have fun on damage control after the wedding with that one. shesh
  • Last I checked, this wasnt "Snarky Brides"...

The OP seems frustrated with a lot of little things that built up and came on here to vent, like we all sometimes need to do.  And if you think the OP listed every single thing that frustrated her in her post, you are most likely very wrong. 

As for being upset re: sister shopping during your dress shopping time, and others going without you, the disappointment seems to be related to a lack of wanting to be involved with the OP in her wedding.  Sure, nobody's world should revolve around being involved in someone else's wedding, but theres a time and a place for planning your own and it's important to most brides that close family members share in the experience with them.  Usually, dress shopping is the only time many female family members get involved at all, as there are not many other good opportunities. 

For the poster correcting grammar, try again---SEVERAL mistakes within your "correction"  Besides, isn't playing grammar police a little elementary?  Does it really give you that much satisfaction to retype someone else's words?  Furthermore, why the hell do you care so damn much?

Re: Watching the news.  Yeah, the news is sad.  But let's face it, this is theknot.com, not CNN.  Everybody is always going to have a bigger, sadder problem than you do.  Doesn't mean you can't get frustrated sometimes and look to vent to people whom you believe could be facing a similar situation and could actually provide some constructive feedback.  Note: Telling OP she is a drama queen is not constructive feedback. 

OP, don't cancel a wedding that's already bought and paid for.  But do reconsider involving family members in your plans, and try to expect less so that if family members do get involved, it will be a pleasant surprise. 

I don't know why posters feel the need to be such nasty ******* to people they don't even know, never met, and really did nothing to harm them. 

Posters in this thread, consider the implications on your life of your easily unleashed anger, childish sarcasm and your sheer intolerance of people who need to vent or ask for advice.  I guarantee your problem is much bigger than the OP's is.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • redheadfsuredheadfsu member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:19b071ef-8cb3-4f55-8009-1521d8cb785e">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last I checked, this wasnt "Snarky Brides"... Posters in this thread, consider the implications on your life of your easily unleashed anger, childish sarcasm and your sheer intolerance of people who need to vent or ask for advice.  I guarantee your problem is much bigger than the OP's is.
    Posted by VivianM27[/QUOTE]

Lurk more. The "Snarky Brides" comment shows you don't read or post on the international forums. I'm assuming you stay to your local or club boards?

Plus, please don't lecture (that is rude in itself). People are not just  trying to be rude, we are just trying to calm people down. Brides forget that the world doesn't revolve around them or their wedding. Plus, they forget that the wedding is only one day. The marriage (which includes dealing with the friends and family) is the important part. We just try to remind them of that in our own special way.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • lindseyann410lindseyann410 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Vivian, I can understand being frustrated (by some of it, like the guest list), but don't you think threatening to cancel it just because OP doesn't know how to deal with the bumps in the road is a bit melodramatic?

I stand by what I originally posted. I don't think it was nasty or angry.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Holy Bejebus, luckiest, that is a HUGE sig.

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards