New York-Long Island

Westbury Manor

Has anyone attended or had a wedding at the Westbury Manor> I booked the place yesterday, but after going home I started double thinking it. I am getting a really good price for the food and Heather was great in accomodating everything I wanted. One of the few problems I encounter was how dark the room was. I don't know if it will match my gray/navy/forest green wedding colors. It looks more suitable for maroon, orange and red wedding colors (I personally dislike them)

Any feedback negative or positive on the venue?

Re: Westbury Manor

• I haven't been to a wedding there, but I have been to corporate functions there, and the food and service are very good.  That said, it's not my personal style, appearance-wise, and it's definitely a dark space.  What's your per person price range?  I talked to a lot of different halls before I picked my venue, so I might have some other ideas for places for you to check out too if you aren't 100% happy with Westbury Manor.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I booked the manor for my october wedding.  I don't think you should pick a place based on if your colors match.  I got the best price from them and heard great things about the food. 

Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They quoted me $70 pp plus gratuity and taxes including wine and beer
  • You could get a full open bar for that price at Larkfield Manor in Northport (for a Saturday afternoon, anyway).  They were one of my favorite venues of the ones I didn't choose - nice place, pretty outdoor space for pictures/cocktail hour, and an amazing, friendly and attentive staff.  The interior wasn't exactly to my taste, so I ended up going with the Fox Hollow (which charges slightly more per person), but it was a close call.  Captain Bill's in Bay Shore quoted me a similarly low price for a Saturday afternoon as well, although I never made it out to visit because I fell in love with the Fox Hollow.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • The Mansion at Timber Point in Great River was also under $70 pp for a Saturday afternoon, again with full open bar.  They were another venue I never got around to visiting, but it's a Lessings property, and I've never had a bad experience with any of their other locations.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • edited February 2012
    I am booked at west bury manor as well and I love the place. Your colors will look wonderful in the room and your bar is a full open bar w top shelf liquor they do not allow anything else. I am in love w the food and personal attention I get when I go in to make my payments. Don't doubt yourself you felt something when you were there, find that place and work around it. If you think the room is too dark you can always do uplighting! Hope this helps!
  • I was nervous after I booked but every place I went I was comparing it to the place I booked and had to follow my gut.
  • I got married at the WM in June 2011, and it was PERFECT!!!! I honestly never expected everything to go perfectly, but it did.  The staff made me feel like a princess and took care of everything.  They were so helpful during the entire process with answering any questions I had whenever I called.  The food and open bar were a huge hit.  It just felt like a fairytale and I loved the fact that it wasn't a cookie-cutter wedding place.  All my guests had a great time and I just can't say enough.  Don't have second thoughts, I can promise you will have the most beautiful wedding there!
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • edited April 2012
    They have one bathroom there with 3 stalls for both functions that are going on AND the restaurant. I know bathrooms are not the most important thing but it something to think about. Your guests will not be seperate from the other party that goes on there (b/c they don't have only one wedding at a time). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards