South Asian Weddings

AW Friday!!

Re: AW Friday!!

• edited December 2011
    Mine will be a full one once I get all the pics up on the website, but I did get my hair piece, garter, and the flowergirl poms this week!!
    STDs went out two weeks ago... FI was incharge of them so he sent the out with Simpson's Stamps as I am told.. *face palm*
  • edited December 2011
    I've been crocheting like a mad woman lately (do mad women crochet? I don't know, but let's just go with it). I have 5 projects going currently, but my favorite is the lace and roses dress and bonnet set. I finished the bonnet the other day and it's probably my favorite crochet thing I've ever made so far.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks bells...

Sarah do you have pics of any of your projects?
  • edited December 2011
    I do have some, but I haven't been able to get them off the camera yet. Can't find my cord and my computer doesn't have a slot for an SD card. As soon as I can borrow my mom's computer I'll get them off the camera and onto a computer, and I'll upload them as soon as I can.
  • edited December 2011
    Bonnet pictures! Nevermind the monkey. Lacking an actual baby to model it, I had to use the nearest stuffed animal with a roughly-baby-sized head!

• edited December 2011
    I want to AW but I so don't even know what about.

I have my second fitting in a couple of weeks, maybe I'll take a self-portrait of me in my dress and post that.

Oh, I know, bridesmaid dresses!  I finally have an idea of what I want:
    http://www.kaneesha.com/store.cfm?pid=8877
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The bonnet looks great. I love the roses.

The bridesmaid dress I like. If it were in blue, I'd consider it for my reception attire.

My grandma tried to teach me to crochet, but I didn't care much for it. I'd like to learn to knit though.

AW = Attention Whore? If so...

Tuesday we are heading to Disney World for my birthday (on Wednesday). I have been bugging FI forever about going down to Disneyland sometime. He decided we should go to Disney World instead.

Cool
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    First trip to Disney World? How long are you staying? I ask because I've been there around a hundred times (I'm really not exaggerating) since I was 5. We live about a two-hour drive from there. You can never get to everything in one day. There are too many parks, and too many things to see in every park! It's a lot of fun, but do be prepared for long lines. You're coming in the off-season so it won't be nearly as bad as summer or holidays (Christmas and New Years especially are nightmarishly crowded).
  • edited December 2011
    @Beloved - I love the bonnet, so cute! You're so talented, you should start up your own etsy store or something and custom make those for people!

@Andamu - Yes, please post pictures of your dress, I'd love to see it! I like the choice for bridesmaids, too!

@Dragon - Have a great time at Disney! We're going in a few weeks, a friend is getting married there. It's a wonderful place and Beloved it right when she said you can't get to everything in one day, so I hope you have a long weekend planned. Happy Birthday!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Raangoli - I considered selling them on Etsy, but I'd have to charge ridiculous prices for all the work that went into that bonnet. The thread wasn't terribly expensive, but it took me almost 13 hours to make. I would have to charge that piece at $48 for half of minimum wage.
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]@Beloved - I love the bonnet, so cute! You're so talented, you should start up your own etsy store or something and custom make those for people![/QUOTE]

<font color="#000080"><strong>I agree. There are plenty of people, like me, who can't do much crafting.... either because they don't know how, lack the time, or are kinda lazy (like me). I sometimes look for things on Etsy or eBay for gifts.

</strong></font><font color="#000080"><strong>First time for Disney World for me, FI has been once, back in the mid to late 80s.

We're leaving Tuesday and returning home Tuesday. We'll be there a good chunk of time. FI is very methodical, so he has outlined an itinerary for the week in the hopes of maximizing the time we have there. Since we're staying at the Pop Century Resort, we get to take advantage of the extended hours. The only day not quite hammered down is Sat, 29th because we're planning to meet with FI's aunt, uncle and cousin who live in Orlando.

Even with a plan of attack and a decent amount of time, we've realized we won't get to see/do everything we want. But since he does have family in the area, I'm sure will make it back out to WDW again.
    </strong>
    </font>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_aw-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:9f2db9cc-f7a9-470d-886f-cad86c433ee5Post:2605a1bb-fe3f-4637-982e-ff51de0485b2">Re: AW Friday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] We're leaving Tuesday and returning home Tuesday. We'll be there a good chunk of time. FI is very methodical, so he has outlined an itinerary for the week in the hopes of maximizing the time we have there. Since we're staying at the Pop Century Resort, we get to take advantage of the extended hours.
    Posted by AquarianDragon[/QUOTE]

A week is a good chunk of time. The last time we stayed an entire week, we got to every park (Magic Kindgom twice just because it's so big!) and Downtown Disney (all shopping and restaurants; they've closed the clubs now). And that was with 8 people - my parents, my sisters and me, my grandparents, and my uncle. We did split up to do things because we have Roller Coaster People and Not Roller Coaster People and Show People and Not Show People. But everyone got to see and do most of what they wanted in that week. Taking advantage of the extra Magic Hours is always helpful for getting to those rides you missed at peak time because the lines were two miles long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards