Washington-Seattle

Need Advice---Making this way harder than it should be

.....but that's what I do.

Been working on my table numbers and I have made a few rough ideas. Originally we were gonna do table names and do like seashell table, starfish table, seahorse table, beach table, etc. But then I went back to numbers....cuz I thought maybe the names would be kind of kiddish. WDYT?

Here are some drafts I have done. Please vote and give lots of opinions on what I should change, add, take out, etc. And names or numbers?

Option 1

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4:

(keep in mind that I realize some of it isn't perfectly centered, etc......these are just super rough.)

TIA!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Need Advice---Making this way harder than it should be

• meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like option 2 best.  Which is odd, because before I looked, I thought I would vote for numbers versus spelling it out.  I like that design better too. As far as the names go, I always like the idea in theory, but I think you're right, it can come off a little cheesy.  Just my opinion though :)
  • hayleyqhayleyq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the number written on (ie. "seven"), it looks classier. It would be really cute (and less kiddish I think) to have the tables named after beaches in Washington, or the Seattle Area (ie. Alki Beach, Long Beach, Matthews Beach, Golden Gardens Beach, etc.). You could look them up on the Washington State Park website.
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like option 4 best.  I really like hayleyq's idea of naming the tables after WA/Seattle Beaches. 

I also think option 1 & 2's bottom design with you and FI's name and date is the prettiest bottom design, and am curious to how that would look with option 4.

I like the shell design of option 3 & 4.  I think it looks more rustic/retro, kinda.  If you wanted a more formal look, then the shell design of 1 & 2 would be better, but 3 & 4 is more of the kind of style I like.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • zoiesmurfzoiesmurf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like option 2 or haleyq's idea. Smile
    December 2011 Weddings September Siggy: Shoes
    Vintage shoes I found at an antique store about 10 years ago :)

CIMG0051

Retro/Vintage Siggy Challenge: Favorite Vintage Movie
    sabrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like the written number or the Seattle beaches idea
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Another vote for Option #2 ... or the beaches!
    Anniversary
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

not an option..but what i like is the number, with the number spelled out below it...

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    I chose to do both the table number and a unique designation (our favorite romantic movies).  So mine say Gone with the Wind Table 1 but obviously prettier. I decided to do both because we hoped that by giving the tables a fun "topic" it would allow guests that may not know each other well a subject to talk about such as I bet this is the Bride's favorite movie and the groom has never seen it.  Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards