Ohio-Toledo

grooms gift

so I decided for my wedding gift to my soon to be husband i would like to give him a album since he's going to the navy so I hired a photographer to do a boudoir photo shoot but that seems a little weird to give him at the wedding even though we'll be married ill still feel weird to give it to him around family so when would be an appropiate time the honeymoon or the day before the wedding leave it at the house before i leave since we can't stay together the night before??? idk what to do.

Re: grooms gift

• edited December 2011
    I'm doing the same thing.  I'm going to do a large picture for him, with little pictures around the large picture (does that make sense)?  I'm still giving it to him before the wedding, I'm just going to tell whoever is giving it to him for me to tell him to open it in private.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • mariahm90mariahm90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats cool also i  didnt even think of doing a photo collague like you. I didn't think of having someone else give it to him either i might leave it in the drivers seat in hhis car since he doesn;t let anyone else drive it.
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you guys staying in a hotel (or going elsewhere) after the wedding?  Maybe you could put it with the bag you pack and exchange gifts privately after the reception.  Just a thought.  I think that would be much easier than having someone else give it to him, telling him to open it in private, and then keep it hidden someplace private throughout the remainder of the night.

Edit:  As a bonus, you can at least see him open it this way.  I always enjoy seeing anyone open a present that I buy.  Mailing a gift stinks.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Angelmc8Angelmc8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I gave my hubby the boudoir album on the wedding night when it was just the two of us.  Much better that way!  To avoid confusion with fam & friends, we exchanged small gifts at the rehearsal dinner, then  privately exchanged our big gifts.  You'll definitely want to see his reaction when he first sees it= totally worth it!

• abigirl9abigirl9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been thinking about doing the same thing and giving him an album. May I ask what photographers all of you used?
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Abi-I was just about to ask the same thing!  I'd like to know as well.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im going with http://www.wellspringphoto.com but they do show pix of it on their sit but http://www.shutterlovestudio.com does a great job also and she has pix on her site
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure yet.  It will either be Considering Lilies (who is our wedding photog), Wellspring (because I love her and would love to giver her business) or JP Photography (cause my friend works there)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I'm giving FI his gifts on our wedding night, at the hotel-I'm hoping to do a bodoir album as well!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• edited December 2011
    Does wellspring do boudoir? I havent seen anything on their site about it. They are our photographer too:)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_grooms-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:7d6ce7fb-7022-41db-add7-9d9032c28705Post:540839c7-f81a-483c-85a3-25c151b03503">Re: grooms gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does wellspring do boudoir? I havent seen anything on their site about it. They are our photographer too:)
    Posted by CoCo'sMommy[/QUOTE]

Yeah she does shes my phtographer, but just ask she just doesn't advertise it because she want to keep her site family friendly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards