Wedding Etiquette Forum

Alright, where'd everyone go?

Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?

• Barrel, that's awesome.
    Aryn, that sounds like fun. If I bring booze, can i join you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We didn't send ANY STDs.  It definitely worked in our favor.  Uh, I mean....we were super sad at how many declines we got....

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Wally - I would have loved it if my mom referred to me as Nerdy Girl.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:ef8761c4-f16d-4367-8428-b117d23ff094">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : Haha why? 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

Well, my town isn't even that big (100,000ish), and we have two Targets.  One is 10-15 minutes away and one is 20-25.  I go at least once a week.  But nothing is that close to residential areas.  Our residential areas are pretty well segregated from businesses.  This is NOT a walkable city.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:4586ef49-1172-44da-9231-73485df0c424">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Barrel, that's awesome. Aryn, that sounds like fun.<strong> If I bring booze, can i join you?</strong>
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

<div>Absolutely! </div><div>
    </div><div>Wally, that camp sounds amazing! And like such a great opportunity for her to explore different fields a little more in depth before going to college. </div>
  • Evening.

H will watch chick flicks with me. I usually pick romantic comedies. I like romance and he likes comedy. Win win.
  • Zizi, it seems this summer YES. Nerdy Girl has lots of camps/activities. Plus we live in the Styx, so when it's shopping time, we have to travel. 

• Half the reason I'm sending STDS is because I'm a vain biiiitch and I want to be like, "Look at our pretty engagement pictures that serve absolutely no other purpose."

The closest Target is 15 minutes from me. I almost never go... there's nothing I need there that I can't get a drugstore. That's probably because I don't have my own home though, so all I really need to buy are things for myself, like toiletries and the like.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don' tlike chick flicks.

• edited July 2012
    We live pretty much in between all 3 Targets that are in the area.  It takes about 15 minutes to get to any of them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:7b2dc199-4785-4428-bb15-7701a5a0419e">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : Absolutely!  <strong>Wally, that camp sounds amazing! And like such a great opportunity for her to explore different fields a little more in depth before going to college. </strong>

<div>It is REALLY neat! She went last year, too, and just loved it. They really stress self-esteem and respecting each person's unique qualities and talents. And self-acceptance. It's just awesome. She is very outgoing anyway, but for kids who aren't, it's truly life-altering. </div><div>
    </div><div>Next year, she will go for a week older kid nerd camp and then spend the next week helping with the Jr. Nerds. Hopefully my son can go next year as he will be old enough and is also an intellectual badass.</div>
  • Target is so close to me, it's dangerous. So is BB&B and Michaels.
  • willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:64d619cc-c734-4ae5-84e9-3a71bd39deb9">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Half the reason I'm sending STDS is because I'm a vain biiiitch and I want to be like, "Look at our pretty engagement pictures that serve absolutely no other purpose." </strong>The closest Target is 15 minutes from me. I almost never go... there's nothing I need there that I can't get a drugstore. That's probably because I don't have my own home though, so all I really need to buy are things for myself, like toiletries and the like.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Aren't your folks gonna blow one up into a giant floatwrap and put it up at home? Gosh. We did. Clearly your parents don't love you as much a we love DD and her FI.</div>
  • willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:5aea9717-9b5d-40b2-8590-14759866ce62">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : <strong>Well, my town isn't even that big (100,000ish), and we have two Targets.  </strong>One is 10-15 minutes away and one is 20-25.  I go at least once a week.  But nothing is that close to residential areas.  Our residential areas are pretty well segregated from businesses.  This is NOT a walkable city.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>We tend to judge the size of most midwestern towns/cities by how many Targets they have. </div><div>
    </div><div>Gah, gotta run. Laters!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:734e65e4-9537-4ab3-9879-ed7eef469dcf">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : Aren't your folks gonna blow one up into a giant floatwrap and put it up at home? Gosh. We did. Clearly your parents don't love you as much a we love DD and her FI.
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

LOL. I'll be sure to tell them that :)

My mom hasn't even  expressed any interest in ordering prints. Then again, I haven't ordered any for myself yet, so who am I to talk.
  • edited July 2012
    At my graduation party, my mom put one of my senior pictures in an 8x10 frame and displayed it on my "card table." I felt like I was at my own funeral.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:c30623d2-d638-4011-824a-32e6239bccbb">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Target is so close to me, it's dangerous. So is BB&B<strong> and Michaels.</strong>
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

<div>I thank my lucky stars this one is not close to me. I can stick to my budget really well in Target but Michaels? Game over. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:3aaefb4e-951f-40c2-a48e-2e1a3e4b5189">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : I thank my lucky stars this one is not close to me. I can stick to my budget really well in Target but Michaels? Game over. 

<div>My spending has gotten so much better now that the wedding is over. I only go in there for scrapbook paper now.</div>
  • Our Target is only like, 5 minutes away, as is a Wal-Mart and a really nice grocery store, but I actually avoid that area when I can because the traffic is so horrendous there.

We only sent STDs because our wedding was on a weekend that's super popular for holiday parties, and we wanted as many of our invitees to come as possible, because paying for the venue included meals for X guests, so I wanted to get the most bang for my buck.
  • Hi. Is there more than one universe today? I'm getting my toes done. I was supposed to go to the spa with my friend today, but he bailed so here I am. Later I'm going to watch my friend sing in his choir. Their shows are always great.
  • I just seem to be avoiding shopping at all costs these days. I think that Target is probably the most dangerous for me, because they have cute home furnishings and adorable baby stuff.

I have to avoid the baby aisle at al costs these days.
  • My wedding is a Friday, so that's part of the reason we're sending them. Plus, we do have a fair amount of OOT guests on FI's side, which I didn't realize. I guess I should get a room block set up.

Aleigh, that's kind of hilarious. My senior pictures weren't that great, but of course my mom has it hanging up on the wall in a high traffic area of the house.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:97d36f31-ad02-4982-be09-034c976d4133">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : We tend to judge the size of most midwestern towns/cities by how many Targets they have.  Gah, gotta run. Laters!
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

Ha!  For being 100,000 people, this city is pretty well spread out.

• Pffft, the walls in my house are loaded with huge pictures of H and me since we're totes fab.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:399c515e-70bc-4a06-a9c2-2849065249c5">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just seem to be avoiding shopping at all costs these days. I think that Target is probably the most dangerous for me, because they have cute home furnishings and adorable baby stuff.<strong> I have to avoid the baby aisle at al costs these days.</strong>
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>I can only imagine! I just watch babies and even I browse the baby aisle for things they could use/play with. Actually, when I watched older kids I almost always left Michaels with craft stuff for the kids. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:339535a3-c23e-4cc9-810f-c1e49131a467">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : I can only imagine! <strong>I just watch babies and even I browse the baby aisle for things they could use/play with</strong>. Actually, when I watched older kids I almost always left Michaels with craft stuff for the kids. 

I do this too... and I go through the clothing section. I almost die at the cute baby girl clothes. R will actually be able to fit into them for awhile. K is kind of a big girl and she was in toddler clothes before her first birthday, lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_alright-whered-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26322612-45e2-4f0c-882a-082cede025edPost:7e923030-420d-4c36-89fe-60a89bdfd797">Re: Alright, where'd everyone go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alright, where'd everyone go? : Ha!  For being 100,000 people, this city is pretty well spread out.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea, I was thinking it sounded spread out but what do I know. My town only has 20,000 according to the 2011 census (I googled it). Maybe that's why everything is so close here? </div>
  • We're about to go to dinner and then to see Batman. Some friends of ours went last night and said there was a cop in their theater room so that makes me feel a little better. I'm paranoid and not afraid to admit it. That's why I wanted to go to the drive-in so bad but it's a 100% chance of rain. 
  • Aryn, I'll be by later with vodka and wine.:)
    I'm so glad there isn't a Target in walking distance.
    Gah. Have to go to a BBQ at FSILs next weekend. Among other things it's an engagement party for his niece's SIL. I hope to god she doesn't want next November.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards