October 2012 Weddings

RSVP's

Oh my! We're waiting on almost 1/2 of our rsvps still to come in.  The wedding is October 6th.  I'm getting worried cause our venue's max compacity was originally ok, but our guest list grew over & now I'm worried we're going to have too many people!  Our decline rate is only 15% right now!!  I wish people would get their RSVP's in!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVP's

• Yea, I've only received 40% of our RSVPs back.  The deadline is Saturday, so I'll be calling Sunday since my final head count/meal count is needed by Monday.  My problem is the opposite, I don't think I'm going ot make me 125 minimum. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Our due date isnt until Sept 20th but we have only recieved 100 of our 236 responses!

I've loved you since I was 8 years old...
    243 Invited image
    171 Are ready to party! image
    70 Are party poopers! image
    2 Said they can't give an answer until a week before the wedding..EXCUSE ME?!!! image
    RSVP Deadline WAS September 20th!
  • FMIL just got me 7 RSVP's!!!! Awesome!  Our requested deadline was Saturday so we're starting to follow up now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My requested deadline was also this past Saturday. I gave a list of FI's family to FFIL and I will start following up with my family later this week.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My deadline was Friday...they're still trickling in, and FI and I have started hunting for the stragglers! Probably the most worrisome is that a couple people have said they sent theirs, but we haven't gotten them yet. WTF is taking so long, Postal Service?!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Our requested deadline is this Friday, and we're still missing over half! We don't actually need a head count for the venue until the 24th though, so we have plenty of time to call people.

I'm so glad we requested the replies way before we needed them though...I can't imagine the stress of trying to get a hold of people in short notice!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just got 2 more today- another 7 people saying YES and the biggest unanswered questions dealt with.  My great aunt and uncle have a bunch of  kids that no one really talks to, but of course we have to invite to keep the peace... Thankfully, those 20 or so people are NO's!!!  Yay!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    270475_10151278916785395_726690480_n-1
    Mom to D.A (11.09) and 3 beautiful angels (06.08, 03.11, 07.12)
  • We are having same issue. we invited 69 people, and places we are looking at for catering require 40 or 50 min people. So far we have 8 responses. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    44 image are ready to party!
    31 image declines
    0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
    RSVP Date: Sept 24
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_rsvps-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:55f2388c-6c98-4c4c-817a-19f9f12ebcdePost:aa034be7-002d-4957-8402-09c7f7cc2188">Re: RSVP's</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having same issue. we invited 69 people, and places we are looking at for catering require 40 or 50 min people. So far we have 8 responses. 
    Posted by insanityofamom[/QUOTE]

<div>Have you figured in you, FI, parents, wedding party, etc.?  That might bump the number a bit</div>

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    270475_10151278916785395_726690480_n-1
    Mom to D.A (11.09) and 3 beautiful angels (06.08, 03.11, 07.12)
  • We are still waiting on about 4 RSVPs to come back.  I really wish people would just send them back.  I mean its not really that hard.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I finally got around to actually counting and recording our responses today. Our deadline is this Saturday and out of 81 invitees, 28 people have responded. Uggggh, I don't want to track people down. My mom also just told me today that my aunt isn't going to return the RSVP because it's pretty and she wants to keep it with the invite. Umm, as flattering as that is, I did address and stamp an envelope for you, so if you want to keep the RSVP you can at least grab a scrap of paper to write on and send that to me!
  • Ugh! I just got a email from someone saying they were RSVPing... with their plus 1... I didn't give you a plus 1!!!  Why does everyone need to add people to their invite that was clearly addressed to specific people.  I know for a fact this girl doesn't have a BF, so who in the world is she bringing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok... so my friend that just told me she was bringing a plus one. Which the invite did not include a plus one.  I asked her the name & she said she didn't know.  I said "'I'm confused. You don't know cause you didn't ask or you haven't decided who to ask? Just let me know cause we have limited space & I didn't know there was going to be a plus 1"  not trying to be rude, but come on! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards