Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

JoePa retiring

not sure if any of you college football fans have been following this scandal, but the whole thing's truly disgusting and sad.

That said, I think JoePa deserved a chance for all the facts to be laid out in the case before being forced out and villified in the media.  We don't know what he actually knew, and he did everything legally he was supposed to with the info he had.  Sad.

Re: JoePa retiring

• Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed, The whole situation is very sad.

My Pap is probably rolling in his grave. JoePa was his idol.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been following this case pretty carefully.  While I have never been a fan of the Penn State football program, I must admit that JoePa being fired is very extreme, unfortunate, premature and unjust.  As a Pitt grad, I must admit that I do feel bad for the Penn State community, to see this happen to their university and to their coach, the most high-profile individual out of that school.  However, the REAL reasoning behind the firing is still a mystery, but we all know that he should have done more.. a lot of people should have done more.  I'm sure the real details will surface down the road.  Sandusky is the REAL criminal, not JoePa - we should be focusing all of our energy on the one who is clearly at fault in SO many ways and make sure he gets the punishment he clearly deserves.

The bottom line is that most people are forgetting what this whole thing is about.  Who cares about JoePa?  Who cares about PennState and it's football progam?  There are innocent, young boys out there who were sexually molested.. they are now emotionally and psychologically scarred for the rest of their lives and their families are grieving.  Now is the time to raise awareness about these kinds of issues and to remind all citizens to do their part by reporting any suspicious activity that they may see... even if it turns out to be nothing... better safe than sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards