New York-Long Island

New Policy for caterer in 2013- MUST READ

Last night I checked out The Woodlands at the Greens in Melville.  I loved it until I heard one VERY important thing.
They'll have a new policy starting in 2013 that for every non-preffered vendor you bring in, there will be a $500 charge PER VENDOR.  
This means if you don't like their vendors (which are all pricey and/or generic) you have to pay an extra $500 to bring one in?!!  
It's absoutely absurd that they would bully you into using their vendors for their own gain.  All vendors PAY to be a preffered vendor.  So basically, they're trying to make sure they get paid regardless!  

Re: New Policy for caterer in 2013- MUST READ

• This is so bogus. As a bride and a vendor it really upsets me that they are trying to muscle everyone into their decisions for their wedding with money since it is an ultimate weakness for someone planning a wedding.
  • That is terrible! I'd run from that place so fast!  Bad business practices.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_new-policy-for-caterer-in-2013-must-read?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:d55f4a81-a2ea-4d7d-a40d-c13836f0782dPost:357fd106-04c6-498c-b812-78f37413c0be">New Policy for caterer in 2013- MUST READ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last night I checked out The Woodlands at the Greens in Melville.  I loved it until I heard one VERY important thing. They'll have a new policy starting in 2013 that for every non-preffered vendor you bring in, there will be a $500 charge PER VENDOR.   This means if you don't like their vendors (which are all pricey and/or generic) you have to pay an extra $500 to bring one in?!!   It's absoutely absurd that they would bully you into using their vendors for their own gain.  All vendors PAY to be a preffered vendor.  So basically, they're trying to make sure they get paid regardless!  
    Posted by thefloristbride[/QUOTE]

WOW. that is ridiculous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards