Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Paintballing?

Has anyone been paintballing in the twin cites?

My FI is considering doing this with his GM as part of their wedding present but neither of us have ever gone so I have no idea what is offered in the Twin Cities.

Any recommendations of places to paintball?

TIA!

Re: Paintballing?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YES! I have played paintball for years and highly recommend SplatTag in Hudson, WI. It is a little bit of a drive but an amazing outdoor field and the staff there is great. We plan on doing paintball there as part of our bachelorette/bachelor festivites- a Bachelorettes vs. Bachelors paintball showdown!
  • Options
    threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup double recommend www.splattag.com/.  I know the owner, he is a great guy...however I dont know him enough for discounts :( 
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

How long should we plan on playing for? Would 1 hour be enough or would a 3 hour package be better?

Also, do you have a guess on the number of paintballs we would need per person?

Ha as you can prolly tell I have never been before :).
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No recommendations, but I've heard of some people ending up with some pretty wicked bruises.  Something to keep in mind if you're doing it close to the wedding date.
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Heather! That is a really good thing to keep in mind!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! Darrin the owner is awesome. Are they looking as going for a private group or playing with others as well?

Splattag does private groups as well as open play. If they do private groups it will be just them playing against each other. Open groups you get teamed up with everyone else there for open play and it's a much bigger game (can be either great or intimidating for a first time player- I loved it the first time I played because there were other players with more expertise to show me the ropes). Welts will happen and I don't recommend playing close to your wedding date either :)

The amount of paint that you play with will depend on how much they shoot. New players tend to go through more paint. At Splat Tag you can buy it as you go- if you need more they will always have it on hand.

http://www.splattag.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards