African American Weddings

FAQ on wedding website

Does anyone have a list of questions that included on their wedding website? I think Cha and someone else did, please forward me the list.

Thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FAQ on wedding website

• Here is my Q & A that I got from Cha and MrsBoss. hth !

1) What should I wear ?

the wedding is semi-formal so please dress accordingly. NO jeans, t-shirts, or sweats. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS...ONLY person in WHITE is the BRIDE, please refrain from wearing white as the BRIDE should be the only one wearing it !!!! Thank you in advance !!

2) Do I have to RSVP ? 

Yes. An RSVP is absolutely REQUIRED for everyone. It is essential in planning for the ceremony seating & reception meals. In order for us to be able to accomadate a meal for  you; you  must RSVP prior to the deadline of April 26, 2013 11:59pm . All mailed RSVP's must be post-marked by the April 26, 2013.

3) What if I don't RSVP, May I still come to the ceremony and/or reception ?

No, an RSVP is required. Due to limitations for the reception meals,  accomadations will not be made for those who do not RSVPThis will be strictly enforced. 

4) How many guest can I bring ?

Although we would love to accomodate everyone who wants to come and celebrate our big day with us, unfortunatly due to finacial restraints, we can only accomodate those people noted on the invitation.

5) Can I bring my child/children ?

As much as we love kids, this is an ADULT ONLY celebration and want you to leave the kiddies at home so you can kick back, let your hair down and enjoy yourself !!!

6) What should I do in the event I/we can't make it ?

As soon as you know your plans have changed and/or  you are not able to attend so that way we can make the neccessary changes as everybody is accounted for catering.

7) * Is there cost for parking/where can I park ?

There is parking available in the seagate parking garage for $1.00 per hour or you may park on the street free of charge.

8) May I take a centerpiece/candles home as a souvenir?

YES you can, as there will be so many on each table, be my guest, they will just take up space in our nest after wards anyway !! 

9) What is the weather like this time of year ?

Please refer to the weather tab as it gives a current forecast of  the weekend you will be here in Toledo.

10) Do I/We have to stay at the hotel recommended ?

No, if you wish to stay some place else please feel free to do so. The hotel is near by and is just a convience should you need to be close to the venue.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_faq-on-wedding-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2c7b39d4-74ae-48e7-8287-d19b2c17cedcPost:42107c27-c3ab-4bf8-88eb-313a149e3784">Re: FAQ on wedding website</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here is my Q & A that I got from Cha and MrsBoss. hth !   1)   What should I wear ? the wedding is semi-formal so please dress accordingly. NO jeans, t-shirts, or sweats. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS...ONLY person in WHITE is the BRIDE, please refrain from wearing white as the BRIDE should be the only one wearing it !!!! Thank you in advance !! 2)  Do I have to RSVP ?  Yes. An RSVP is absolutely  REQUIRED   for everyone. It is essential in planning for the ceremony seating & reception meals. In order for us to be able to accomadate a meal for  you; you  must RSVP prior to the deadline of April 26, 2013 11:59pm . All mailed RSVP's must be post-marked by the April 26, 2013. 3)  What if I don't RSVP, May I still come to the ceremony and/or reception ? No, an RSVP is required. Due to limitations for the reception meals,  accomadations will not be made for those who do not RSVP .  This will be strictly enforced.  4)  How many guest can I bring ? Although we would love to accomodate everyone who wants to come and celebrate our big day with us, unfortunatly due to finacial restraints, we can only accomodate those people noted on the invitation. 5)  Can I bring my child/children ? As much as we love kids, this is an  ADULT ONLY  celebration and want you to leave the kiddies at home so you can kick back, let your hair down and enjoy yourself !!! 6)  What should I do in the event I/we can't make it ? As soon as you know your plans have changed and/or  you are not able to attend so that way we can make the neccessary changes as everybody is accounted for catering. 7)  * Is there cost for parking/where can I park ? There is parking available in the seagate parking garage for $1.00 per hour or you may park on the street free of charge. 8)  May I take a centerpiece/candles home as a souvenir? YES you can, as there will be so many on each table, be my guest, they will just take up space in our nest after wards anyway !!  9)  What is the weather like this time of year ? Please refer to the weather tab as it gives a current forecast of  the weekend you will be here in Toledo. 10)   Do I/We have to stay at the hotel recommended ? No, if you wish to stay some place else please feel free to do so. The hotel is near by and is just a convience should you need to be close to the venue.
    Posted by MrsBad13[/QUOTE]

I just wanna travel to you and give you a hug right now.. THANKS SOOO MUCH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • On the front and back of this card, you will find answers to commonly asked questions. We hope you find this information helpful. Q. Do I have to RSVP?A.  Yes. An RSVP is absolutely REQUIRED for every invited guest. It is essential in planning for the ceremony seating and reception meals.  Q. How do I RSVP?A. You may RSVP directly through the website's "RSVP" page or by mailing in the RSVP reply card in the stamped return-addressed envelope you received in your formal invitation. Please include the name of the person(s) in attendance or nonattendance if this is not already written on the RSVP reply card.  Q. If I am unable to attend, do I still need to return the reply card or reply online with "decline to attend"?A.  Yes, every invited guest must respond by accepting or declining the invitation. Please return your RSVP card by mail with your name(s) and "decline" checked on the reply card. --OR-- You may RSVP online by clicking "will not attend" for each person in your party. Please adhere to these guidelines as this helps the bride and groom have an accurate count for all invited guests.  Q. What if I don't RSVP, may I still come to the ceremony and/or reception?A.  No, an RSVP is required. Due to space and planning limitations, for both the ceremony and reception, accommodations will not be made for those that do not RSVP. This will be strictly enforced 
    Q. Are children included in the invitation?A.  The couple realizes many parents would like to bring their children to the wedding ceremony and reception. However, please understand the ceremony and reception will be an Adults Only event.  Only children who are directly involved in the wedding party are expected to attend.  Q. May I bring someone that is not included on the invitation? A. No. Your invitation is addressed to those who are invited. Please adhere to the invitation as it is addressed.  Q.  What is the attire for the wedding?A.  After-5 attire or Dressy-Casual are acceptable. Most attire for After 5 is usually cocktail wear.  Dressy Casual calls for dressed-up versions of casual looks.  Although the couple wants everyone to be comfortable, please, no jeans or shorts.Gentlemen: You may forgo the suit or tuxedo if you choose and instead wear something a bit less formal. A sports coat and tie as well as a dressy pant is appropriate for this type of affair. You may also choose a dress shirt and slacks. Ties are optional. Ladies: A nice dress or dress suit is appropriate for the wedding. Women may also opt to wear dress slacks and a blouse. Q.  What if I am running late to the ceremony?A. The ceremony will begin promptly at six o'clock in the evening. If you arrive late, you will not be permitted to enter into the ceremony. However, there will be a nearby waiting area in which you may have a partial view of the ceremony. You are welcome to wait in this area until the completion of the ceremony so you may join the couple for the reception.Please make plans to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.   
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_faq-on-wedding-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2c7b39d4-74ae-48e7-8287-d19b2c17cedcPost:97f79ff9-29fc-41ff-9b0b-017b0cfcb3af">Re: FAQ on wedding website</a>:
    [QUOTE]On the front and back of this card, you will find answers to commonly asked questions. We hope you find this information helpful.   Q. Do I have to RSVP? A.   Yes. An RSVP is absolutely  REQUIRED for every invited guest. It is essential in planning for the ceremony seating and reception meals.    Q. How do I RSVP? A. You may RSVP directly through the website's "RSVP" page or by mailing in the RSVP reply card in the stamped return-addressed envelope you received in your formal invitation. Please include the name of the person(s) in attendance or nonattendance if this is not already written on the RSVP reply card.    Q. If I am unable to attend, do I still need to return the reply card or reply online with "decline to attend"? A.   Yes, every invited guest must respond by accepting or declining the invitation. Please return your RSVP card by mail with your name(s) and "decline" checked on the reply card. --OR-- You may RSVP online by clicking "will not attend" for each person in your party. Please adhere to these guidelines as this helps the bride and groom have an accurate count for all invited guests.    Q. What if I don't RSVP, may I still come to the ceremony and/or reception? A.   No, an RSVP is required. Due to space and planning limitations, for both the ceremony and reception, accommodations will not be made for those that do not RSVP. This will be strictly enforced .    Q. Are children included in the invitation? A.   The couple realizes many parents would like to bring their children to the wedding ceremony and reception. However, please understand the ceremony and reception will be an Adults Only event.  Only children who are directly involved in the wedding party are expected to attend.    Q. May I bring someone that is not included on the invitation?  A. No. Your invitation is addressed to those who are invited. Please adhere to the invitation as it is addressed.    Q.  What is the attire for the wedding? A.  After-5 attire or Dressy-Casual are acceptable. Most attire for After 5 is usually cocktail wear.  Dressy Casual calls for dressed-up versions of casual looks.  Although the couple wants everyone to be comfortable, please, no jeans or shorts. Gentlemen : You may forgo the suit or tuxedo if you choose and instead wear something a bit less formal. A sports coat and tie as well as a dressy pant is appropriate for this type of affair. You may also choose a dress shirt and slacks. Ties are optional.  Ladies : A nice dress or dress suit is appropriate for the wedding. Women may also opt to wear dress slacks and a blouse.   Q.  What if I am running late to the ceremony? A. The ceremony will begin promptly at six o'clock in the evening. If you arrive late, you will not be permitted to enter into the ceremony. However, there will be a nearby waiting area in which you may have a partial view of the ceremony. You are welcome to wait in this area until the completion of the ceremony so you may join the couple for the reception. Please make plans to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.   
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]
    Tash did you send this with your invitations and post on your website? That's a GREAT idea.. Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is the one cha sent with template included. if you inbox me address i'll forward to you. Yes, I sent them in the invitations, except i condensed a little bit so it would fit on my faq inserts. I forgot to put them on my wedding website- which i will do now :) lol.  but cha has them on hers.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_faq-on-wedding-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2c7b39d4-74ae-48e7-8287-d19b2c17cedcPost:e54f124f-a169-4e98-a65f-dcf437380572">Re: FAQ on wedding website</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is the one cha sent with template included. if you inbox me address i'll forward to you. Yes, I sent them in the invitations, except i condensed a little bit so it would fit on my faq inserts. I forgot to put them on my wedding website- which i will do now :) lol.  but cha has them on hers.
    I just inboxed you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You welcome . Make sure you adjust dates and such to fit how your day is suppose to flow. Cause for instance I left a sidenote about parking due to my wedding day being on the same day as a baseball game and usually our dowtown area be packed with ppl parking on all side streets. It be crazy ! Lol
  • Thanks, friends! Added an FAQ page!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • I see you've got this covered.... at least now I dont have to ask this question..

Tash.. yours will help especially with both being destination weddings
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_faq-on-wedding-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2c7b39d4-74ae-48e7-8287-d19b2c17cedcPost:e54f124f-a169-4e98-a65f-dcf437380572">Re: FAQ on wedding website</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is the one cha sent with template included. if you inbox me address i'll forward to you. Yes, I sent them in the invitations, except i condensed a little bit so it would fit on my faq inserts. I forgot to put them on my wedding website- which i will do now :) lol.  but cha has them on hers.
    SoontobeMRsSMITH13
  • Looks like you all got this covered here!!! LOL  My FAQ card and website is becoming famous!!! LOL

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_faq-on-wedding-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2c7b39d4-74ae-48e7-8287-d19b2c17cedcPost:d9dfc7fd-758a-4aad-8366-e920abc8897a">Re: FAQ on wedding website</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looks like you all got this covered here!!! LOL  My FAQ card and website is becoming famous!!! LOL Cha
    Posted by CreoleBride30[/QUOTE] LOL.. Yes Mam. I can just see me getting calls and text about bringing kids and other people so I will shut them up before they ask lol. You ARE AWESOME.. thanks for the water bottle labels. the card stock website, and now this lol... BAM CHA IS THE BOMB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_faq-on-wedding-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2c7b39d4-74ae-48e7-8287-d19b2c17cedcPost:e055c37d-eb12-4156-97c9-46f9736d4a15">Re: FAQ on wedding website</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FAQ on wedding website : LOL.. Yes Mam. I can just see me getting calls and text about bringing kids and other people so I will shut them up before they ask lol. You ARE AWESOME.. thanks for the water bottle labels. the card stock website, and now this lol... BAM CHA IS THE BOMB
    Posted by Toiizloved[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>LOL! THEBOMB.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so very welcome! Yes, shut that stuff donw beofre it even gets out of control! Put it on your website if you have one and if anyone has any questions, direct them to your website or the FAQ informational card!!!! Anything you need let me know...I have all kinds of stuff on this computer!</div><div>
    </div><div>Cha</div>
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards