Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

9 Days and no music decisions!! Help!

Soo.. I'm getting married in nine days, and we cannot decide on a first dance song.  We haven't even started thinking about father/daughter/mother/son and bridal party dance songs.  We've discussed a few options for first dance:
Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Smile by Uncle Kracker
I'll Be by Edwin McCain
My FI listens to hard rock, and I listen to country, so we're pretty opposite music-wise, and it's been really hard to find something that we both like.  What do ya'll think?  Any other suggestions along these lines?

Any suggestions for the other dances?  Are yall doing separate dances for father/daughter and mother/son?  I thought we'd just do one for us both to dance to, but some of the other posts seem like they're doing separate ones.

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: 9 Days and no music decisions!! Help!

• edited December 2011
    We are using "Love Of A Lifetime" by Firehouse....
    sounds like anything on the Monster Ballad CD might be good for your first dance!

I have seen lots of people combine and do only 1 parent dance. "I Am Your Child" by Barry Manilow might be a good choice for this. or "Thank You For Loving Me" by Bon Jovi.

Good luck!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• azuber28azuber28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm getting married in 15 days. our song is "finally Forever" by chris cornell (soundgarden).  a great song to play for mother/son is the acoustic version of "simple Man" by LS.  i heard i several times and its great.  i like the song "smile" by uncle kracker. another great song if you like keith urban is "only you can love me this way" great song!  GOOD LUCK!

ps. if you are still having trouble try using acoustic versions to rock songs that he loves.Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance loves hard rock too. He came across Vitamin String Quartet on the internet and they're amazing. They do classical versions of modern rock songs. I think they have a CD of AC/DC covers. Anyway, if you don't mind instrumentals, you could use something like that for your first dance.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sancronesancrone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Kenny Wayne Shepard "I found love when I found you"  KWS is not country or metal, he is rock/blues, but it is a beautiful song, and might be a nice cross for you.
  • BShreeveBShreeve member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    azuber, I'd never heard the Finally Forever song - thanks for the recommendation! It is good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards