June 2012 Weddings

What food is everyone having at the reception?

2»

Re: What food is everyone having at the reception?

• Good Question!!!!

We have no idea.  Our tasting is today.  Here's to hoping that it's good and we can make decisions easily!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-food-is-everyone-having-at-the-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:78d9ff1c-95f4-4945-8e4b-568f1968978cPost:fe1971a5-f97c-45c5-9bc7-c0bf23ed6fc2">Re: What food is everyone having at the reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd just like to say this is standard for NJ... and sorry for my funky font from copy/pasting Cocktail Hour   Butler Style Hors D'oeuvres Miniature Crab Cakes with Mustard Roulade, Tri-Colored Sesame Chicken Scallops Wrapped in Bacon Chicken and Lemon Grass Pot Stickers with a Warm Teriyaki Dipping Glaze Gorgonzola and Fig Profiterole Coconut Shrimp with a Melba Dipping Sauce (its orgasmic) Tips of Filet Mignon and Garden Vegetable Kabobs Mascarpone Cheese and Caramelized Onion Tartlet Lobster Newburg in Puff Pastry Barbecued Pork Biscuit Smoked Gouda and Chorizo Purse Franks in Puff Pastry Sweet Potato Puff Duck Ravioli Hot Buffet Style Chicken Savoy Freshly Stuffed Shells Roasted Pork Loin with Milan Sauce Eggplant Rolletini Fried Calamari Fra Diavolo Captains Stations Crepe Station - Choice of Chicken Supreme, Seafood or Primavera <strong>Mashed Potato Bar – White and Sweet Mashed Potatoes with a Variety of Toppings.</strong>Italian Style Station Italian Display of Fresh Mozzarella and Roasted Red Peppers Bruschetta with Crustini Stuffed Cherry Peppers Assorted Olives Broccoli Rabe Salad and Tortellini Salad Dinner Appetizer - Sliced Honeydew with Prosciutto and Seasonal Fresh Berries Salad - Choice of a Salad to be accompanied by a Seasonal Soup and a Hand Braided Roll. Entrees: Chicken Francaise Panko Crusted Tilapia Prime Rib Dinners will be complemented with Fresh Seasonal Vegetables and Choice of Duchess, Au Gratin or Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes Additional Portions served French Style Dessert Wedding cake – Vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and canoli filling Chocolate fondue Espresso and After Dinner Cordials Served Tableside  
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous, we dont have one! Yummy!!!

I forgot all our apps, but seeing this list reminded me of what we have

Yes, Jersey does it big.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Holy crap, my menu is so simple compared to all your feasts, lol. I'm officially hungry!

We're having a backyard BBQ type with burgers and hot dogs (and four turkey burgers for our guests that don't/can't eat beef)

Baked beans, mac n cheese, fruit salad, green salad, macaroni salad, potato salad, pasta salad, broccoli salad, fruit tray, veggie tray, and a chicken orzo salad.

Cake is vanilla/vanilla buttercream with rasp bavarian cream filling. We also have a sheet of chocolate/chocolate buttercream with chocolate mousse filling (chocolate overload, FI request lol).

• This is our cockail hour menu. We're also serving filet mignon, sea bass and a vegatarian option for dinner. 

Creole Gulf Shrimp
    Presented on Wonton Skin
    with Cilantro Creme Fraiche

Mini Roast Beef Sliders
    with Horseradish Remoulade

Exotic Fresh Fruit Bruschetta
    Phyllo Tartlett, Cinnamon and Honey Laced Mascarpone

Quiche of the Season
    Cheese, Vegetable

Prosciutto Di Parma Purses
    Casaba Melon served on Cocktail Fork

Miniature Veal Burgers
    Grilled Brioche, Roquefort Cheese, Caramelized Onion

Asian Seared Duck Breast
    Blackberry Syrup

California BLT
    Cherry Tomatoes stuffed with Avocado Puree
    and crispy Applewood Smoked Bacon

Seared Ahi Tuna
    Kabayaki Glaze, Wasabi Tobiko

Miniature Crab Cakes
    Chipotle Aioli

Buffalo Wings
    Accompanied by Celery and Bleu Cheese Dressing

Pasta Station
    Penne Vodka Coral
    Home Style Vodka Sauce
    with Plum Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
    Exotic & Domestic Mushroom Risotto
    Creamy Arborio Rice with Earthy Fragrant Mushrooms
    Finished with Truffle Oil Drizzle & Grated Parmesan Cheese

Sweet and Savory Fromage
    Whole Wheels of French Brie de Meaux Prepared Two Ways:
    Roasted Garlic and Charred Tomatoes

Tuscan Antipasto Display
    Selections of Prosciutto Di Parma, Peppercorn Cured Dry Sausage,
    Sweet Sopressata and Cured Salami accented with
    Provolone, Asiago and Aged Reggiano Cheeses
    Grilled Marinated Vegetable Platters
    Fire Roasted Red and Yellow Peppers
    with Roasted Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Marinated Olive Medley
    Fresh Bocconcini Mozzarella with Garden Basil
    Grape Tomatoes and Artichoke Heart Salad
    Herb and Garlic Toasted Baguettes

New Zealand Lamb Chops
    "Yearling" Lamb Chops
    crusted with Fresh Rosemary, Dijon Mustard and fresh Garlic
    Oven seared and served with a Balsamic Demi-glace
    and Red Skin Potato Mash

Fresh Vegetable Crudite Votives
    Crisp Garden Vegetables
    Carrots, Cucumbers, Celery, Peppers, Broccoli
    Zucchini, Radishes and Cherry Tomatoes
    Chef's Selection of Seasonal Dips

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This post is making me hungry!  All I had for lunch was a PB sandwich.

Cocktail hour: Mexican-influenced Passed hors d'ouevres
    -Mini cornbread muffins stuffed with chorizo and kale
    -Tostadas with chipotle pork, green chile sauce, lime and cilantro
    -Sopes with arugula, goat cheese, and red chile salsa

Dinner: Buffet
    -Grilled Chicken with cremini mushrooms and spring onions
    -Buttermilk roasted pork loin with thyme and a bacon brown sugar crumble
    -Quinoa Salad with roasted tomatoes, spinach and lemon
    -Sugar snap peas with shredded carrots and mint
    -Potato gratin with aged white cheddar and scallions

Dessert: Wedding cake
    -Six layers (two layers will be the same flavor).  Still undecided on some of the flavors, but one will be lemon blueberry, one will be white chocolate raspberry and one willl be chocolate caramel. 

• Salad with 3 dressing choices
    Lasagna
    Spaghetti w/meat sauce & meatless
    Chicken Alfredo
    Garlic bread & cheese bread

my sister's awesome cream cheese mints
    grooms cake aka rice krispy treats
    vanilla cutting cake with vanilla almond buttercream
    coffee chocolate cupcakes with Baileys Irish cream frosting
    Banana cupcakes with maple brown butter frosting
    Graham cupcakes with key lime frosting
    vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting
    chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-food-is-everyone-having-at-the-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:78d9ff1c-95f4-4945-8e4b-568f1968978cPost:d1c76bbf-de71-41ac-a9c0-08a7f4ec4a09">Re: What food is everyone having at the reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Salad with 3 dressing choices Lasagna Spaghetti w/meat sauce & meatless Chicken Alfredo Garlic bread & cheese bread</strong> my sister's awesome cream cheese mints grooms cake aka rice krispy treats vanilla cutting cake with vanilla almond buttercream coffee chocolate cupcakes with Baileys Irish cream frosting Banana cupcakes with maple brown butter frosting Graham cupcakes with key lime frosting vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting
    Posted by PopPow[/QUOTE]

My favourite is pasta dishes. I love it :)
  • We will have a buffet. Our reception is at a sit-down very rustic BBQ restaurant on the patio. This is our menu:

-Sliced brisket
    -BBQ chicken
    -Mashed potatoes
    -Cowboy beans (pinto beans with hot peppers... yum!)
    -Cornbread
    -Tea/Coffee/Soda

We will also have a white bride's cake and a chocolate with rasberry filling groom's cake, and an open bar.
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • I can't even begin to list it all.....

Stationary h'orderves
    10-15 passed hot h'orderves
    Salad
    Pasta
    Meal: (Filet, Chicken picatta, baked stuffed shrimp, Vegetable lasagna)
    Cake
    Venetian table
    Candy Buffet
  • Passed hors d'oeuvres: Shrimp and Grits in Martini glasses Sesame Chicken Bites Blackened Shrimp Bruschetta Mini Crab Cakes Plated Meals: Sea Bass with white wine and crab sauce Mojito chicken with ale gouda sauce   Mixed lettuce salad Wedding Cake!
  • Mexican buffet!

Anniversary
  • Cocktail hour: We are having butlered chicken quesadillas and bacon wrapped beef tenderloin. (I hope we at least can see some of those after our pics are taken)

Reception: Our entrees are Chicken Oscar (chicken breast topped with crabcake and muschroom glaze), and Prime Rib.

I'm so looking forward to this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards