Military Brides
Options

New To Boards - Important Uniform Question

Hi Ladies:

I am new to the group.  My name is Aisha and my FI Ricardo and I will be getting married on August 21st, 2011.  He is an army man and will be getting married in his uniform.  We wanted to get the dress whites however they are proving very difficult to find because they are being phased out by 2014.  Does anyone know where we would be able to still order the uniform?  He is very dark skinned and would look much better in the whites than the blues.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aisha

Re: New To Boards - Important Uniform Question

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The Army White Service Uniform was supposed to have been phased out in 2009.  I haven't seen them for sale since 2007 or 2008.  I could be wrong about it, though.  I'm pretty sure he will have to wear either the ASU or Class A uniform. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ShacheShache member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks. Thats what we've pretty much figured out, but thought I would give it one more shot since the bases that we have visited told us that they are still out there since they are still in use for another couple of years but they aren't really being made anymore.

Oh well! It was worth a try!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    lol this post just made me as FI what he was gonna wear - he has his white salior outfit and then his khaki outfit - he asked me which I'd prefer him in - is one "better" to wear for a wedding then the other? Personally, I LOVE him in Fatigues, but doesnt really go with the wedding theme lol....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_new-boards-important-uniform-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:7846c2d8-f4a5-4b19-a1a5-52f6dfb3ef3dPost:a841290a-d6f4-418b-a752-1b356ff0de64">New To Boards - Important Uniform Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies: I am new to the group.  My name is Aisha and my FI Ricardo and I will be getting married on August 21st, 2011.  He is an army man and will be getting married in his uniform.  We wanted to get the dress whites however they are proving very difficult to find because they are being phased out by 2014.  Does anyone know where we would be able to still order the uniform?  He is very dark skinned and would look much better in the whites than the blues.  Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Aisha
    Posted by Shache[/QUOTE]

I have to ask ... is he active duty? Because my husband and I are in the military and the only dress options are class A (green) or the dress blues (blue). It just seems if he was active duty then he would know what uniform he is authorized to wear. If you and your FI think that he would look better in a white outfit, perhaps a tux is the better choice?
    BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    ShacheShache member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes he is active duty and he knew that, however, he was told that he could possibly find the whites since they are not completely phased out. He was referred to the military base in San Antonio, which did carry the whites, however, they didn't have his size. So we have settled for the blue.  Thanks though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards