Military Brides

I'm a MRS!!!!!!

First off the wedding was amazing. it was like a fairytale come true...but overall this weekend was a bitter sweet mess of emotion.

So I'm not a debbie downer I'm going to start out with the super sad part that has had me fighting off tears most of the day. Some of you know, but H (YAY) had to be back on base today because (sometime in the near future) he has to be on the boat for training. So sunday afternoon, not even 24 hours after we said our vows he jetted away on an airplane so he wouldn't go to jail. It was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. I have said plenty of goodbyes, but none like this one....Originally we were going to get there a little early so I could get a pass and go sit with him and watch him board the plane, but we were running really late and they were already boarding when we got to the airport  (lines at security....psshh) So, I said my goodbyes with the rest of the family around. As he was walking away, SIL (once again...YAY) mentioned how strong I was for not being a giant blubbering mess. I told her that if I were to completely lose it (there were a few tears), it would be 100x harder for my H to leave. We have to be strong and support one another. Speaking from experience it always feels harder when you are the one walking away (err getting on the plane).  No use making him feel even more worried about leaving me. 

Now... the fantastic part of the weekend, the wedding. The day had a few hiccups…but what is a wedding without something going wrong? Everyone had a fantastic time and commented on how beautiful everything was. We did the first look which was nice, and it did not take away from walking down the aisle, walking down the aisle is still by far the most amazing feeling.  When the doors of the church opened and the organ started playing (we had piano playing until I came out) It was just an amazing feeling having everyone look at you. There was only one small hiccup at the wedding, but overall it was a beautiful  nuptial mass. I put the wrong first reading in the programs…I guess I circled the wrong number when we went through the book and never went back and reread the reading, so we got the wrong first reading, and the priest sorta gave me a hard time about it in the homily, it was one of those ….Really?? you picked that reading? ...buuuttttt. No one will remember…

The reception was good… everyone I talked to had a great time, they loved the food and the dancing and the overall experience of it all. I got a giant plate of food, but my stomach was all in knots (it still is, I would love to be able to eat again…) so I picked at it and left most of it.  Everyone raved about the DJ….and even H’s aunt who doesn’t dance said she was having a good time watching everyone dance. We had a good time and everything went sorta smoothly (more on that later), all evening I felt like a princess, and it is a running joke that I am a princess  in my family.  H kept the “get away” a secret for the whole night… and TBH I thought we were just going to leave in his parent’s lexis. …nope…my prince charming got me a horse drawn carriage, complete with lights and white horses. Really just a magical end to the day.

Of course there were hiccups and they will probably get laughed at later….First, we had the beer/liquor in a cabinet…someone at church locked it. So ALL we had to go on all night was two bottles of liquor, the wine, champagne, and 3 cases of beer. We didn’t get the key to unlock it until it was too late… we were both like “WTF” when the bar tender told us we were almost out of beer… um… no.. we bought enough drinks for everyone to have at least 10 drinks. Most everyone left before we cut our cake. So we could have gone with half the cake…and still been good. Cutting the cake was sorta a cluster…because we kept waiting until H’s dad got back with the liquor cabinet key…and couldn’t wait anymore..people just kept piling out. =( same with the bouquet/garter toss… most everyone left. So I was a little upset about that. The photographer was getting on my last nerve by the end of the night, and the horse carriage was late.

OVERALL, it was amazing..and I can’t wait to see the pictures of it all. A word of advice for the upcoming ladies,  keep in mind that nothing is worth getting upset about…not even your liquor being held hostage by a 2 inch wooden door.
Photobucket

Re: I'm a MRS!!!!!!

• Pictures please??? And, overall it sounds like you had a great day. Every wedding has its hiccups and it sounds like you managed them well! Sorry about the liquor though!
  • GAH!!! NOT THE LIQUOR!

But, seriously :) so glad to hear that everything went well! Congratulations!

Also, I agree with Ggirl... teehee :3
  • Oh and CONGRATS!
  • A horse drawn carriage?!  That is AWESOME!!!  I'm glad it was a nice time overall.  Of course there are going to be hiccups, but it sounds like you didn't let them ruin your night.
  • Congrats! 

Those little hiccups are something that will be memories of the day.   We all have them. I would love the see the pics of the carraige and you as well. 
  • I would love to see pictures too!! I haven't seen any of them get leaked to FB or my photographers website. Give it a day for people to get back to their computers.

The liqour can be good and bad.. we spend double our budget on alcohol so it is sorta good that we get to return most of it... except the Killigans... H's favorite...the liqour store had to special order that so they will not take it back....and that is the type that H bought the most of on accident.  Ooops. And H just texted me and told me that he realized that he forgot to put on his medalsfor his uniform... super OOPS! H's aunt writes photoshop textbooks...so she will be using all those pictures as a learning exersize....look for them in the photoshop how-to books.. HA! 

Oh and H forgot his get away bag at the church...side effect of a very drunk best man and a flustered husband. So when we called them to bring it to our room someone took his pants out... so he had NO pants to wear the next day...except his uniform pants. 
    Photobucket
  • Congratulations!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_im-a-mrs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:47c95776-8674-47de-b0fd-c9d623e22bc0Post:d8cea0e0-cf39-44d0-8715-7efa80be25ab">Re: I'm a MRS!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would love to see pictures too!! I haven't seen any of them get leaked to FB or my photographers website. Give it a day for people to get back to their computers.   The liqour can be good and bad.. we spend double our budget on alcohol so it is sorta good that we get to return most of it... except the Killigans... H's favorite...the liqour store had to special order that so they will not take it back....and that is the type that H bought the most of on accident.  Ooops. And H just texted me and told me that he realized that he forgot to put on his medalsfor his uniform... super OOPS! H's aunt writes photoshop textbooks...so she will be using all those pictures as a learning exersize....look for them in the photoshop how-to books.. HA!  Oh and H forgot his get away bag at the church...side effect of a very drunk best man and a flustered husband<strong>. So when we called them to bring it to our room someone took his pants out... so he had NO pants to wear the next day...except his uniform pants. </strong>
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>LOL at that part. </div><div>
    </div><div>Sounds like you had an awesome day! There are always hiccups (I'm sure we'll have our fair share too) but I am so glad that you were able to take it in stride. 

Sorry your H (Yay!) had to leave so soon.</div><div>
    </div><div>Can't wait to see pics!

</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Sorry your H had to leave so soon!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited April 2012
    This is Shan. I'm glad everything worked out in the end. H was also able to stay until the day after the wedding which kinda killed my wedding high. But I still had the video and guestbook to read/watch.

disregard the video part- we didn't have our video until right before I move several months after.
    I want the COOOOOKIE!
    Credit to Awkward Family Pet Photos
    http://tiny.cc/kpfcdw
  • SHan - thank you. I knew I wasn't alone having to deal with that part of saying good bye so soon, it is nice to know other ladies have felt the same.

I can't wait to AW my pictures. From my persective everything was soooooo pretty.
    Photobucket
  • Congrats! H left 4 days after the wedding, I know it sucks. :(
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Yay! Congrats! I'm sure everything was gorgeous. 
  • Yay congrats! Can't wait to see some leaked pics!! Post them when you get them!
  • Congratulations!!  Can't wait to see the pictures!
    Photobucket
  • Congratulations!!

Sorry you had some hiccups and that H had to leave so soon. But I seriously just squealed when I read the horse-drawn carriage bit. Seriously, Binx ran away from me. That is so stinkin cute and romantic!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards