Honeymoon Discussions

Jamaica Honeymoon...please help!

We are set on Jamaica but are having difficulty with choosing a resort because there are so many!  I have read all of the other posts on resorts and am still confused.  Please provide your reviews and recommendations on your Jamaica trip/honeymoon!!!  Most important to us are the cleanliness of resort, the rooms, and the food as we are rarely into doing any type of excursions, etc.  Thanks in advance.

Re: Jamaica Honeymoon...please help!

• A lot will depend on budget, but I would look closer at the Couples Resorts. Couples Swept Away is probably the top of the group. Each resort is a little different and offers a different vibe, so a lot of that will depend on your personal preference.

• I love Jamaica and travel there often. My favorite resorts are the Moondance properties. in Negril. I've stayed at both and they are amazing resorts. The difference is location. Moondance Villas is on the beach and Moondance Cliffs is on the cliffs.  At the villas, a personal chef attends you and cooks whatever you desire. There are no limits. At the Cliffs, your personal butler can  serve all of your meals in  your villa or suite if you like. The food is the best that I've ever experienced at any AI and to be honest rivals the best restaurants in Negril.  The properties are a little pricey but worth every penny.

• We went to Sandals resort Grand Riviera in Jamaica
    http://www.sandals.com/main/ochorios/or-home.cfm?WT.mc_id=PPC&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=US_Sandals+-+Destination&utm_term=grande%20riviera&utm_content=0

They just did a huge upgrade to the entire resort. We stayed in a private villa which was very clean and beautiful. The food, staff and location was all amazing. We had a perfect honeymoon. Good luck!
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • Couples Swept Away or Couples Negril! They are AMAZING.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to couples swept away at the end of July! We originally were going to montego bay to Secrets St James but we liked the negril beach better.
  • I was looking at the couple swept away and couples negril but couldn't decide between the two. We were also looking at the Grand Riviera so nice to hear good reviews on them all! I will also look into the Moondance property. I'm still torn though :(
  • Jc what part did you stay in?
  • Iberostar Grand Rose hall
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • eharitoseharitos member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    If you are looking for something amazing in a more moderate price point the Gran Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay is awesome.  We stayed there a few years ago and managed to get 10 days plus flight for apx 3K.  All the rooms are huge and since most of the guests hung around the pool we had the beach to our selves.  I still dream about the jerk chicken.!!
  • I'm booked at Secrets Wild Orchid. :)
  • We are currently at Couples Tower Isle in Ocho Rios, and it is AMAZING!  The only complaint is the ride from the airport to the resort (about 2 hours).  Ocho Rios is a little more mountainous, but the beaches are completely private.  My cousin and his wife went to Couples Negril and they loved it but complained of people relentlessly trying to sell them things on the beach because it is so big.  We haven't had any problems at all and there is much more that is included when you book with Couples compared to Sandals.  It is so hard to pick a resort, just make sure you do plenty of research.  TripAdvisor is great to get a good mix of opinions!
  • I would like to throw in a different perspective.  I used to live in Jamaica for about a year and have vacationed there about 4 times.

I would recommend getting AWAY from the All Inclusives and see the real Jamaica.  Negril is amazing and full of ex-pats.  Very safe area, incredible food, lots of locals and honeymooners and couples in general vacationing. 

We LOVE Xtabi on the cliff side.  You get a gorgeous private cottage with a private platform to swim, snorkel, drive, etc...  Gorgeous caves, incredible restaurant with 2 lobsters every night for dinner for like 10US dollars.   The all inclusives want you to stay there and instill fear to many people to not leave the grounds.  I saw this at a wedding I went to and was amazed.  Jamaicans are a lovely and wonderful culture who want US there.   Just my $.02. 

I know a lot about Negril if you have questions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards