Iowa-Des Moines

timeline help

I'm trying to figure out my day of timeline and I do fine until I get to the reception. When do we cut the cake? Before dinner (we are doing a buffet-style dinner)? After dinner? When do we do the first dance? I am wondering what order others are doing these activities in.
image 31 Total invites!
image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: timeline help

• edited December 2011
    We cut the cake immediately after we were introduced and entered the room.  We went directly to the cake table, cut the cake and then served dinner.  As far as first dance, we did this while people were eating their cake, right before the dancing part of the reception started.  That way everyone was still milling around and we hadn't "lost" many guests yet.  Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    You can do whatever you want! I've heard of people doing the cake cutting as soon as they walk into the reception hall that way all eyes are on you. I've seen people do the cake cutting right when they are done with dinner or before the first dance.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We were told to cut the cake when we first get there so they can be getting it ready to serve while people are eating dinner.  So, this is what we will be doing.  We are doing our first dance after dinner because our band doesn't start playing until 8:00.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the suggestions! This helps a lot!
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards