New York-Upstate

Bands for Albany Reception

We have finally decided to have our reception at Franklin Plaza in Troy and are now trying to book a band for the reception. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!

Re: Bands for Albany Reception

• carpentabcarpentab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grand Central Station!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!! We are going to listen to them this Saturday night!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem!  They are really awesome to work with and they have an awesome assortment of music!  Also, they tend to play a different set of music when they play out at a bar....just keep that in mind if you get worried that your older relatives may not get them....for weddings they are awesome...everyone is up and dancing!

Have fun!
  • Judy35Judy35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had NY Players for myfirst son's weddings.  They were GREAT and got such rave review from our guests we booked them for my next son's wedding in June!
  • edited December 2011
    New York Players!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    How much are the NY Players? I contacted them today and they have our date available.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I contacted the NY Players they were pushing $7000 for a wedding...I was willing to splurge on a band, but not quite that much...
  • edited December 2011
    We have them booked for oct and they are $5200 for a Friday night.
  • edited December 2011
    100% worth it though!!!!!!! Have been to weddings where they have performed and they are so professional and keep the party going!
  • sunmoon83sunmoon83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Def check out Soul Session.  Very high energy and very responsive...not to mention an awesome band!!!

• edited December 2011
    i hired the Karen Lawrence Band.  I was very impressed with there professionalism and talent and cant wait to hear them at my wedding!! $4000 for a friday night 7 piece band
  • edited December 2011
    We booked Good For the Soul.  They're still pricey but we wanted a great band.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Soul Revival at our Dec. wedding and they were awesome!!!  I am from the NYC board, but I know they travel all around NY.  DH and I loved them, and I highly recommend them.  Their website is:  www.soulrevivalband.com
    HTH!
    Lucy
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you very much! I checked out Grand Central Station last night and they were awesome!!! So good. We're gonna check out Soul Revival and I have already emailed the Karen Lawerence Band.
  • Judy35Judy35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As someone mentioned to me before I booked the New York Players. "Your guests won't remember your invitations, the flower arrangements or even the food, but they WILL remeber if they had a good time."  The band sets the energy of the event.  The NY Players certainly got the guests dancing!.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards