Not Engaged Yet

Flameful Confessions

I ahve seen other boards do this, so I wanted to as well.

I know we all have them, so judge free zone: share and tell ladies!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Flameful Confessions

• edited December 2011
    I will go first and break the ice.

Even before I changed my screen name I had an AE. The first time I posted here I was flamed sooo bad for this, but I still want to share.

My venue and DJ are booked......I am NYE and don't plan on getting married until 2012.

Here is the story: My sister was planning on getting married NEXT SATURDAY, but in july she and her exFI called off the wedding. My parents already paid for half of the venue (about 10k) and the DJ (the only DJ this venue will allow).

In order to salvage anything left of the situation, my dad wanted to see if the hotel would allow him to change the date and the bride, but hold the deposit. They said they would allow him to move it within two years IF he paid in full by my sister's original date. So he did, knowing I will be married by then. The DJ made the same deal.

YES my BF knows. We talked about it. We were already talking about getting married in 2012 so it wasn't a huge deal, we just lost the opportunity to select our own venue, which I wish I had.

Edit::: I was wrong, she was supposed to be married THIS Saturday.

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh come on, you gotta start with your own if you start a post like this!

Laughing

Whatevs, most girls on here already know I got flamed MAJORLY for this a few months ago... my boyfriend and I have already discussed a lot of details of our wedding.  No money has changed hands, nothing has been bought, it's all still hypothetical, but it does happen to be rather specific hypotheticals.

We know we want to get married in August or September 2012.  We've talked about September 7th as a nice date, since it will be 4 years since the day we met, but that's not really important to us in the scheme of things.

We know we want to get married in Rhode Island near my family, and have discussed which venues that we'd like, with a top choice and a runner-up.  And yes, we've been to both through normal visits, but we haven't visited specifically to check out as a wedding venue (never spoke to anyone about prices, etc. but that's all public info on their websites). 

We know my parents will be contributing, and approximately how much they'll be contributing.  We assume his parents won't be, so we plan on paying for our own RD.

We also know what caterer we'll use, as it's one my mother works with a lot at her work.  And we have a vague idea of a menu, as so far as we want certain items because them mean something to us (potato bar, sangria bar, stations/buffet rather than sit-down, ice cream sundae buffet instead of cake). 

We also know that we will supply our own booze, since our family friends own a liquor store, and we'll get a liquor license for the day and hire a bartender.  We will have wine & beer & a few signature drinks (like sangria) but not an open bar as I absolutely hate shots.

We also know that the day after the wedding, we want to have a kickball game and barbecue for all the guests at a local park.  Actually, if we had to change any plans, this is the one that would be most firm.  We met playing kickball, and my boyfriend's really excited about the idea of making t-shirts with a wedding "logo" on it - blue for groom's team, white for bride's team, and that we'll pick teams out of a hat (since he's already trying to put 'dibs' on my brother for his team - ain't happenin'!)

I know that my brother will be my "Brother of Honor" and that I won't have any bridesmaids.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:ccca77e7-a937-4054-aad3-5c711f87f479">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh come on, you gotta start with your own if you start a post like this! Whatevs, most girls on here already know I got flamed MAJORLY for this a few months ago... my boyfriend and I have already discussed a lot of details of our wedding.  No money has changed hands, nothing has been bought, it's all still hypothetical, but it does happen to be rather specific hypotheticals. We know we want to get married in August or September 2012.  We've talked about September 7th as a nice date, since it will be 4 years since the day we met, but that's not really important to us in the scheme of things. We know we want to get married in Rhode Island near my family, and have discussed which venues that we'd like, with a top choice and a runner-up.  And yes, we've been to both through normal visits, but we haven't visited specifically to check out as a wedding venue (never spoke to anyone about prices, etc. but that's all public info on their websites).  We know my parents will be contributing, and approximately how much they'll be contributing.  We assume his parents won't be, so we plan on paying for our own RD. We also know what caterer we'll use, as it's one my mother works with a lot at her work.  And we have a vague idea of a menu, as so far as we want certain items because them mean something to us (potato bar, sangria bar, stations/buffet rather than sit-down, ice cream sundae buffet instead of cake).  We also know that we will supply our own booze, since our family friends own a liquor store, and we'll get a liquor license for the day and hire a bartender.  We will have wine & beer & a few signature drinks (like sangria) but not an open bar as I absolutely hate shots. We also know that the day after the wedding, we want to have a kickball game and barbecue for all the guests at a local park.  Actually, if we had to change any plans, this is the one that would be most firm.  We met playing kickball, and my boyfriend's really excited about the idea of making t-shirts with a wedding "logo" on it - blue for groom's team, white for bride's team, and that we'll pick teams out of a hat (since he's already trying to put 'dibs' on my brother for his team - ain't happenin'!) I know that my brother will be my "Brother of Honor" and that I won't have any bridesmaids.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

a flameful confession about a flameful confession. I don't think anything you just said is all that bad.

And we might be month twins.

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I've had 2 AEs one on this board and one on another. I posted for months under a different screen name. I don't use either of them now. I don't think I even remember the passwords to get into them.

• calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Sea Tea, go back a few months - there were 4 separate threads ripping me apart for having a month, venue, menu, caterer, etc. figured out.  Someone thought they were being slick and found a post on the Aug 2012 board referencing these things (the post is now gone, as it was under my previous SN) and thought to start a whole thread flaming me as the "definition of BSC". 

And then several people jumped gleefully when I left for several days after that, not realizing that I had left for a planned vacation.  When I came back, I pointed out that I agreed I had been a little over eager, but that nothing I did was set in stone and no vendors had been contacted, and that if someone didn't like it I didn't care a bit but I wasn't running anywhere with my tail between my legs.  I believe Shoes may have gotten a bit of backlash for defending me.  I got trashed again for a bit, but then they've left me alone since.

And I've had a soft spot for Shoes every since!  <3

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:a90cb366-c41d-48be-87ec-9253e94b3bc6">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, Sea Tea, go back a few months - there were 4 separate threads ripping me apart for having a month, venue, menu, caterer, etc. figured out.  Someone thought they were being slick and found a post on the Aug 2012 board referencing these things (the post is now gone, as it was under my previous SN) and thought to start a whole thread flaming me as the "definition of BSC".  And then several people jumped gleefully when I left for several days after that, not realizing that I had left for a planned vacation.  When I came back, I pointed out that I agreed I had been a little over eager, but that nothing I did was set in stone and no vendors had been contacted, and that if someone didn't like it I didn't care a bit but I wasn't running anywhere with my tail between my legs.  I believe Shoes may have gotten a bit of backlash for defending me.  I got trashed again for a bit, but then they've left me alone since. And I've had a soft spot for Shoes every since!  <3

Aw, cute story. I wish I had kept my first screen name and stuck it out like a hard ass. I don't know the password anymore either.

I think I posted my confession right as you did yours, but it is all there.

I wanted to make sure you guys had an idea I wasn't super crazy or going to encourage girls to plan before their are engaged, so I waited to tell you. I wouldn't have any of this booked if the situation with my sister had not happened. Also, we don't have to give the hotel a date until we want to because of the circumstance, so I have left myself room to actually figure it all out WHEN I am engaged.

• calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    I remember your story.  I remember thinking it was odd but not crazy, and that I felt bad for you since it stinks to be cornered into a venue and DJ that you didn't pick out yourself.  And it'll probably be painful for your sister to have to go to the venue and know that it was supposed to be for her wedding.  And I remember thinking that your boyfriend would probably be a little uncomfortable with the finality of it all - like a deadline looming over him.  I know my guy hates that we're cornered into a very specific two month corner - he wishes there was more spontenaity to it and more flexibility.  It's not that we need more time, simply that he hates that I know the proposal is coming before next September and wishes he could totally surprise me out of the blue.

Anniversary

• AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    BF and I are NYE and we have a date picked out. May, 7 2011. My bday is April 7 and his is June 7, so BAM! Smack dab in the middle and easy to remember.
    I had an abortion with twins when I was 18. The condom broke. BF at the time did drugs and we just weren't in a good situation. We were living with his family. I couldn't give them up for adoption, I didn't want anyone to know I had gotten pregnant.
    I have had open relationships in the past.

The following is more of a rant:
    I hope that exhusbands 'girlfriend' (I'm pretty sure they are still together although he refuses to tell me.) dies. I know that this is extremely harsh, but she almost killed my daughter. You do not fvck with my child and expect nice thoughts and feelings from me. She and exhusband are going to trial on Nov 8th because of it. They have already been indicted. I hope she goes to jail. /rant
    I'm not good at feelings.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:49f96e54-b8e4-4815-b4c0-814d78ce14db">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember your story.  I remember thinking it was odd but not crazy, and that I felt bad for you since it stinks to be cornered into a venue and DJ that you didn't pick out yourself.  And it'll probably be painful for your sister to have to go to the venue and know that it was supposed to be for her wedding.  And I remember thinking that your boyfriend would probably be a little uncomfortable with the finality of it all - like a deadline looming over him.  I know my guy hates that we're cornered into a very specific two month corner - he wishes there was more spontenaity to it and more flexibility.  It's not that we need more time, simply that he hates that I know the proposal is coming before next September and wishes he could totally surprise me out of the blue.

Honestly, we aren't super spontaneous people anyway. We always talked about getting married within 6 months of finishing school (also flameful), and even before the wedding was off he told me he planned on proposing around the time my sister got married. We just aren't big surprise people. Who I really feel bad for are my parents. They just threw ANOTHER 10k at a venue for a daughter who isn't even engaged. I know they must be a little bit worried.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:0a5292bd-c939-4d9e-8890-8c18927bcbd5">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]BF and I are NYE and we have a date picked out. May, 7 2011. My bday is April 7 and his is June 7, so BAM! Smack dab in the middle and easy to remember. I had an abortion with twins when I was 18. The condom broke. BF at the time did drugs and we just weren't in a good situation. We were living with his family. I couldn't give them up for adoption, I didn't want anyone to know I had gotten pregnant. I have had open relationships in the past. The following is more of a rant: I hope that exhusbands 'girlfriend' (I'm pretty sure they are still together although he refuses to tell me.) dies. I know that this is extremely harsh, but she almost killed my daughter. You do not fvck with my child and expect nice thoughts and feelings from me. She and exhusband are going to trial on Nov 8th because of it. They have already been indicted. I hope she goes to jail. /rant
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh, what did she do to your daughter?

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've been wanting to play Confessions on here for a while... but I didn't want to be the one to bring it up since I hadn't ever seen it played on NEY.

Mine isn't terrible, but it's shallow. I want a Tiffany ring. I've read all the posts about how you're just paying for a brand name, and I would never ask BF for one but I secretly really want one.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:c49ece80-6306-40ee-b9f9-0f770fc345ce">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been wanting to play Confessions on here for a while... but I didn't want to be the one to bring it up since I hadn't ever seen it played on NEY. Mine isn't terrible, but it's shallow. I want a Tiffany ring. I've read all the posts about how you're just paying for a brand name, and I would never ask BF for one but I secretly really want one.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

I think its ok to want a Tiffany ring. If you are willing to pay more and can then why not?

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I looked at venues online before I was engaged.  I did not call/email/tour any though.  I knew we were getting married and that we were getting X amount of dollars from my parents, so I was just curious as to what kind of venue we could afford.  I also made a very quick, rough guest list because my family is huge (and I didn't realize how much until I actually wrote it all down and counted) to get an idea of what size we'd need.  That's about as BSC as I got with the 'pre-engaged' wedding stuff, but mostly because I got a TK account when my sister got engaged and I found this board that helped keep me sane :)   Not to mention that I hate wedding planning, I dont' want to do it now that I am engaged and I definitely didn't want to do it before. LOL
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:c49ece80-6306-40ee-b9f9-0f770fc345ce">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been wanting to play Confessions on here for a while... but I didn't want to be the one to bring it up since I hadn't ever seen it played on NEY. Mine isn't terrible, but it's shallow. I want a Tiffany ring. I've read all the posts about how you're just paying for a brand name, and I would never ask BF for one but I secretly really want one.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

I just want the box! It is so pretty!

• HeartOverMindHeartOverMind member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a list of possible, pretty much everything, photographers, dresses, rings, caterers, flowers, etc. I haven't added to it in a loooong time, but I don't plan on throwing it away.  I stopped researching shortly after joining NEY board. lol.
    "Why does a girl have to be so silly to catch a husband?" ~~~Scarlett O'Hara Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Audgie, I don't think having an abortion is flammable.

However, on a NWR note I personallydon't agree with abortion. I'm very pro-life, but I also don't think it should be outlawed or anything like that. And I can understand why people have an abortion at times. But I do think a fetus has a right. I've been flamed for this before, but that's a truly flammable one I believe.

Again, I don't judge people who had one if they seriously thought it through.
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Bren, as I've always said - I'm pro-choice, but for me that choice would be no.

Though it gets sticky for me at late term abortions, as it does with most middle-of-the-line pro-choicers.

Here's a really terrible one: when my grandmother dies, I will be sad because I know my Mom will be hurting from losing her mother, but I won't be sad that I don't have to deal with my grandmother's antics anymore.  She doesn't take care of her health at all and has a lot of medical issues, and keeps saying dramatic things about death being near and such.  I sort of hope that it happens before I get engaged.  It would make my life a lot easier.

Anniversary

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, boy.  Here we go.

1.  Even though this board seems to consider it the equivalent of saying that Hitler was just misunderstood, I consider BF and I to be "unoffically engaged".  This is not a term I tell others when I talk about my relationship -- it's really just something I say here and in my head.  We had a private, spontaneous moment where we agreed to get married and that was all I needed, but he wants something more formal involving the ring before we spread the word.  I can't consider us officially engaged until my parents know.

2.  Sometimes when I talk about family members on this board, I switch their identities around a little bit.  Maybe when I mention my brother, I'll change him to my cousin, or something.  I just have qualms about revealing too many (true) personal details.

3.  Every weekend for the past 3 weeks, I've convinced myself that it will be the weekend that BF proposes for real.  I've gone as far as planning my outfits in advance to make sure I am wearing something that will look good in pictures.  So far, I've just been building myself up for nothing, but I haven't learned my lesson yet.  I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go visit him for the weekend, and I'm already feeling the crazy setting in again.
    edited December 2011
    Short version:This took place around the end of May this year. to punish her for pooping her pants while potty training exhusband's girlfriend would put my daughter in a cold shower. The last time she did it, my daughter became unresponsive, so she called my exhusband at work and told him that my daughter fell and hit her head on the toilet while getting out of the shower. Ex came home then took daughter to the hospital. When they were checking her out, her core temperature was 88* She was suffering from hypothermia. She was also severely malnourished. She was 3 and a half almost at the time, and only weighed 22 pounds and should be clsoer to 30. Ex's girlfriend was also not always feeding her.  What really gets me is that i know my daughter would have been kicking and screaming to get out and that his girlfriend was just holding and keeping her in there for who knows how long for her temperature to get that low. And this girlfriend only graduated high school last year. She was only 14 or 15 when my daughter was born. This just makes me all around angry.

On a better note, my daughter has completely recovered.  Smile

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Guys, we suck at this flaming thing.

Cate, I have one like yours. It'll be sad when it happens, but at the same time there will be some relief when my mom dies. I don't want to deal with it.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:e634e7cd-edfb-47e2-8090-77f52000ecc5">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Short version:This took place around the end of May this year. to punish her for pooping her pants while potty training exhusband's girlfriend would put my daughter in a cold shower. The last time she did it, my daughter became unresponsive, so she called my exhusband at work and told him that my daughter fell and hit her head on the toilet while getting out of the shower. Ex came home then took daughter to the hospital. When they were checking her out, her core temperature was 88* She was suffering from hypothermia. She was also severely malnourished. She was 3 and a half almost at the time, and only weighed 22 pounds. Ex's girlfriend was also not always feeding her.  What really gets me is that i know my daughter would have been kicking and screaming to get out and that his girlfriend was just holding and keeping her in there for who knows how long for her temperature to get that low. And this girlfriend only graduated high school last year. She was only 14 or 15 when my daughter was born. This just makes me all around angry. On a better note, my daughter has completely recovered. 

Oh My God! That is horrible. I hope that B!tch goes to jail too. I'm glad your daughter has recovered and has you to love her and take care of her!

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:6a756bb4-4dc6-4dc1-81d2-13fdf030bbfa">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flameful Confessions : Oh My God! That is horrible. I hope that B!tch goes to jail too. I'm glad your daughter has recovered and has you to love her and take care of her!

Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Thank you <3

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's terrible, Audgie. I'm glad there's a court action going on for it. A child should never be treated like that, ever.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:e634e7cd-edfb-47e2-8090-77f52000ecc5">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Short version:This took place around the end of May this year. to punish her for pooping her pants while potty training exhusband's girlfriend would put my daughter in a cold shower. The last time she did it, my daughter became unresponsive, so she called my exhusband at work and told him that my daughter fell and hit her head on the toilet while getting out of the shower. Ex came home then took daughter to the hospital. When they were checking her out, her core temperature was 88* She was suffering from hypothermia. She was also severely malnourished. She was 3 and a half almost at the time, and only weighed 22 pounds and should be clsoer to 30. Ex's girlfriend was also not always feeding her.  What really gets me is that i know my daughter would have been kicking and screaming to get out and that his girlfriend was just holding and keeping her in there for who knows how long for her temperature to get that low. And this girlfriend only graduated high school last year. She was only 14 or 15 when my daughter was born. This just makes me all around angry. On a better note, my daughter has completely recovered. 

If someone even did that to my dog -- let alone a child -- I would want to see them dead.  Nothing wrong with that at all.
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for changing the tone of the topic everyone.

Thanks for starting the thread SeaTea. It feels nice to let some things out :)

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b145acd0-1b13-4cf0-90d2-2fcf74d3d049Post:18ccc946-57fc-449f-affb-f250f426caa6">Re: Flameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bren, as I've always said - I'm pro-choice, but for me that choice would be no. Though it gets sticky for me at late term abortions, as it does with most middle-of-the-line pro-choicers. Here's a really terrible one: when my grandmother dies, I will be sad because I know my Mom will be hurting from losing her mother, but I won't be sad that I don't have to deal with my grandmother's antics anymore.  She doesn't take care of her health at all and has a lot of medical issues, and keeps saying dramatic things about death being near and such.  I sort of hope that it happens before I get engaged.  It would make my life a lot easier.

I'm really <em>worried</em> that my grandmother will die before I get married, and that would break my heart.  She's my last remaining grandparent, and I am most likely going to be the first of her grandchildren to get married.  The fact that she's in her 90s just makes me want to hurry up and do it so that she gets to be there.

That said, though, she's the sweetest woman alive.  I've read your stories about yours, and I can't say I blame you.
    edited December 2011
    My brother had a friend who was abused. He hid it for a long time. It was finally discovered by the school nurse after his dad carved "stupid" into his stomach and it was bleeding during school. Anyone who could treat a child like that deserves to be put in jail for life.

• edited December 2011
    I would beat that bitch's ass... Wanting her dead = perfectly acceptable.

• edited December 2011
    Audgie- Oh my gosh! I hope everything's okay now!

Well, for my confession... My bf is very adamant about having children before we're 30. I've told him/given him lots to read about mothers over the age of 30, but he really wants at least 1 before, ideally when we're 28 or 29.So he wants to get married and start thinking about babies a year or so after that...

So after I started a 3 year grad program, we had a discussion about our future timeline since my program is intensive and I'm only going to have 5 weeks for summer break with no spring break... the program director encouraged us not to make any major life changes (weddings/pregnancies/major trips/etc) during the program, unless it's during our summer break. So after telling him what our director said, he told me its a good thing you've always wanted to get married at the end of summer. So we figured that sometime between now and next year we'll get engaged and we're thinking August 2012 for our wedding. We don't know an exact date but we know the month.

Since July 2012 is the time I'm going to be taking my comprehensive exams, think bar exam for lawyers type tests, my bf is okay with me looking and gathering ideas about everything. Definitely not talking to anyone/booking/planning, but just gathering ideas and saving pics of things I like such as colors and things like that. I have a file of ideas and places to research for venues and reception areas once we do get engaged... Hopefully gathering ideas doesn't qualify me as BSC!!

In other confessions when I've had a really bad day I will occasionally go online and look at the pic of the ring I really like! And I'll admit, its a Tiffany ring... it may be shallow of me, but I've looked at others and this one stands out for us! BF's the one who took me there look and encouraged me trying it on. He fell in love with it also though...
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Whoa. This is full of all sorts of BSC. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards