Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor Fall Venues near Chicago, Michigan, or Wisconsin

Hello everyone!  So I have become recently engaged and while our wedding is two years away I would like to get a head start on planning. :}

I have been searching the internet and asking friends about venues that would provide a scenic outdoor fall wedding.  I am looking for a venue that would provide an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception.  I have spent countless hours already looking for venues in the Chicagoland area.  So far nothing in particular has caught my eye.

Since my search in this area has not provided me with the results I was hoping for, I was wondering if someone could please suggest any venues in the immediate (maybe 2 hours away from Chicago, 3 the most) areas of Michigan, Wisconsin, and even Southern/ Northern/ Eastern Illinois. 

I would truly appreciate any input or advice since I am completely new at this! 

Re: Outdoor Fall Venues near Chicago, Michigan, or Wisconsin

• Options
    The Pavillion at Orchard Ridge Farms in Rockton, IL immediately jumps to mind. They do a lot of weddings and events there and it looks beautiful especially in fall! I have not personally attended a wedding there, but my photog shot a few and posted them on his blog, and the scenery was lovely. That's probably only about 90 min. from Chicago, just north of Rockford.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options

That was one of the places I originally looked at!  I do like the overall atmosphere but the pricing is a little high just to rent out the pavilion.  I think I might have to visit it and see it in person first before I rule it out completely though.  Thank you very much!

• Options
    Sure :) I have no idea what their pricing is or what your budget is or what not, but another place is Japanese Gardens in Rockford, IL. I *think* they may be kind of pricey, but I do know it's absolutely gorgeous there (and I have been there) and they do weddings frequently.

What about parks? Rock Cut State Park? I feel like those would be cheaper to rent out; you'd just have to find your own caterer and provide the tables, chairs, etc. so I guess it depends if all those things separately are cheaper or more expensive than an all-inclusive place.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I was going to say what cmgilpin said. Post this on the Michigan-Grand Rapids board and the other boards you are interested in. There are many outdoor venues around.
  • Options
    http://www.cantigny.org/museums/ This museum is a wonderful place with great grounds.  Maybe worth the check.  I have never seen it posted anywhere for weddings other than their site.  We use to take our kids to the museum.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_outdoor-fall-venues-near-chicago-michigan-or-wisconsin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:992d4d6a-15a6-4974-9035-d0353e153369Post:4352714c-98aa-441b-ae0a-b41117dd2f5e">Re: Outdoor Fall Venues near Chicago, Michigan, or Wisconsin</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was going to say what cmgilpin said. Post this on the Michigan-Grand Rapids board and the other boards you are interested in. There are many outdoor venues around.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

Where did you get your ring bear pillow at?
  • Options
    I'm assuming this was directed to me. I made it. I made my table runners from curtains I found on sale at Penney's by googling "black & white toile curtains". I had some fabric left over.

It's really not hard to make something like this. You simply need batting/filler (or could use a small round pillow from a second hand store), some fabric and lace. I sew with a machine all the time, but actually did this by hand because it was easy and simple.

I sewed the pre-ruffled lace (purchased at fabric store) to one side of the round fabric, but facing inward. I sewed the 2 round circles together around the edges, leaving an opening of about 3 inches to slip the batting inside. I then sewed the 3 inch open seam shut. I had a really pretty silver button with a rhinestone from some odd project, LOL (but you can find pretty buttons at the fabric store), then sewed it with long silk ribbons tied in bows to the center of the pillow. We tied fake rings to the ends of the ribbons and the BM had the real ones.

Send me a PM if you want more instructions, or simply ask someone you know who sews.

• Options
    Look at forest preserves they are awsome and look at your local park districts too. I am having an outdoor wedding in belvideer Il just east of Rockford and The park is awsome bc of the natural apatheater there. Anderson (Japanese) Gardens in Rockford Do Weddings and receptions. Pakage comes with photo time at the Gardens. And they are buetiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards