North Carolina

Happy Monday

This weekend was toooooo short.  It's going to be a long week at work.  I'm not looking forward to it.

Did y'all have a good weekend?

Any plans for this week?

Re: Happy Monday

• TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

I feel like it's going to be a long week at work here too. :(  I had a pretty good weekend watching football, volunteered with Habitat for Humanity, and saw some family. I hope everyone has a good day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenni, what'd you do at Habitat?
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend! This weekend was great, but definitely too short! It has cooled down a LOT here. DH and I watched a lot of football, I talked to my best friend for a LONG time Saturday & we've scheduled a trip to go visit them when the come up from Miami to Raleigh in October & we got a lot done around the apartment with a little time left over to relax. 

I also feel like this week is going to be a long one. I think the weeks are always going to feel long when I'm working the late shift :-/ On the bright side, this week I will be getting my first pay check, DH will FINALLY get his bonus from work & I'm finally starting to settle into a routine...which means I'm finding time to knot/blog again :-)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_happy-monday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:caca8d8d-68fc-4412-98bb-bffc42d349a7Post:65a2265b-61d2-4974-b4fe-37661c3bd7b8">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jenni, what'd you do at Habitat?
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

My FH and I worked on a house that his company is sponsoring. I haven't done it in years and it was a lot of fun. We will be going back more Saturdays until the house in done in November.
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I mean what specifically?  Drywall, framing, stucco?
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! We went to my bridesmaid's baby's Christening this weekend. She is sooooo cute! It was the first chance I've had to meet her since she was born in July. :) We stayed in an awesome B&B on the York River and had a little mini-vacation.

But I agree with Mary- the weekend was still too short! I want to sleep in some more...
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_happy-monday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:caca8d8d-68fc-4412-98bb-bffc42d349a7Post:ccdfe682-e5b5-468b-a711-dab96035eba2">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I mean what specifically?  Drywall, framing, stucco?
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Oh we worked on getting the house ready for siding so we put this foam board stuff up and soffits. Also installed some windows.
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe I can finally say this, but my plans for this weekend are to get married! Whoo! Anyway.... hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Alyson! How's the week going? Are you off work?

So exciting!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I was off from work.  My work partner actually got married this past weekend.  Since it is just the two of us, I'm covering both shifts while he's out.  Nothing like working overtime the week of the wedding.  He is coming back Wed I think.  Then I will take a half day on Thursday and drive down to the beach with my parents. Nathan is working all week since he has a major article due and business trip the week we get back from our honeymoon.  But only a conference call on friday.  Our beach house rental check in is at 3:00 friday afternoon.  nathan says at 3:01, he'll be on the beach.

Today is the worst day, 14 hours at work.  Once it's over, it's smooth sailing.  Our parents are down on Wed.  The only thing we need to do is pack and finish our playlists for between band sets.
  • edited December 2011
    hi all!

we had a fabulous long weekend in seattle and saw one of FI's college roommates get married!

unfortunately, FI got very sick Saturday afternoon (super high fever and sharp pain in left leg), and we had to miss the reception...he went to the ER last night once we were back in Charlotte and found out he has a lymph node infection in his leg resulting from something that got into his blood stream...it came on really quickly, and he has not cuts or anything, so we're not sure how he got it, but thankful it's nothing more serious or anything that antibiotics can't fix. thankful it wasn't a clot!

anyways with FI on bed rest...and me catching up from a 2 day work week last week...i'll have my hands full! plus, traveling for work Wednesday and Thursday to Atlanta.

hope everyone has a great week!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah, hope FI gets better soon!
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alyson I'm so sorry you have to be working so many hours! Hopefully it will go by quickly and you can enjoy your wedding and beach time!

Sarah I hope your FI is feeling better! That sounds scary, I'm glad he's alright and you all were able to travel okay.
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    thanks! finally saw him last night- he got back from the ER after I had left for work- but he's doing much better and has lots of medicine for the pain/infection :)
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards