Washington-Seattle
Options

Poll: Do you care?

Chelsea Clinton's wedding.  It's been in the news lately and I'm wondering how much girls who are planning their weddings (or I suppose OMHs too) really care.  Do you care more than any other celebrity wedding?  One of those evening shows was saying girls will be wanting to copy everything from her wedding (because she's always been a trend-setter?).  Maybe this is supposed to be our version of royalty.

Anyway, out of curiosity...

Re: Poll: Do you care?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew it was happening but I have no clue when and I really don't care about it.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only cared because H saw (listened?) to Bill Clinton speak yesterday and I wanted to know if he'd drop any info about the wedding. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard about it, but honestly, completely forgot that she was getting married.  I voted on the second item - curious, will look at pics, but then again, I'm a total picture whore and will always want to look at pics. :)
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is actually the first I've hear about it lol. I wouldn't go out of my way to look into it but if it's in a bridal magazine that I normally get I would read about it. 
  • Options
    ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She's been so "hush hush" about it all that honestly, even if I was really interested in it, it's certainly not like I'd be planning my wedding based on hers or anything. It's not like she shares any details with the public. Who knows how many pictures will even be released afterwards.
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel incredibly bad for her. She's always been very media-shy and is one of the most private President's children since like the Kennedy's. It's like the public is making her feel bad about not sharing details of her wedding and then judging her and her parents for how much is being spent.

I guess because of that, I don't think I'll be seeking out details or pictures of her wedding. It doesn't seem she wants that kind of attention, despite having politician parents.

I share things on here and in my blog because I am excited, but it's my choice. There's this one girl I grew up with whose mom is a gossip-mongering sort of hater, and her mom has sicced the girl on me to find out as many details about my wedding as possible so she can gossip about it at church, even though she's not invited. She's probably all the more spiteful because she's not invited. It's pretty tiring when people pry into your life, and I've sort of shut down in sharing details of wedding planning partly due to that. Laying low for a while because the mean gossip hurts my parents. :P
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the Clintons (Bill and Hillary), I'm a total Clinton-Democrat.  But I agree with dreamwinds, Chelsea is very reserved and a stay-out-of-spotlight type.  I care a tiny bit about her wedding, but only because I adore her parents.  I will definitely look for any photos that the media has to offer. 

But I already have quite a few plans for my own wedding, and I doubt I will draw any inspiration from hers.  I have no where near her budget, and my guest list is puny compared to her rumored guest list of 500.  But if she so happens to have a rustic/vintage themed wedding with accents of polka dots and lace---- then I might steal an idea or two Wink
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I care!  I don't know if it's the depressed (and depressing) economy, or the fact that I'm also getting married this month, or that I'm somewhat close in age to her, but I think it's cool that they're doing this up all big and elegant, and I can't wait to see whatever details we get to see from it all.

FI saw an article yesterday that said President Obama wasn't invited to Chelsea's wedding, and he said, "Well, at least we invited him to ours!"  :)
  • Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_poll-care?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:196c83dc-6ec2-4f63-a4ef-6e89564bdb34Post:9893ac78-7ce2-4661-b888-ce411c1b1eec">Re: Poll: Do you care?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI saw an article yesterday that said President Obama wasn't invited to Chelsea's wedding, and he said, "Well, at least we invited him to ours!"  :)
    Posted by carrieoz_76[/QUOTE]

Haha. That's funny. XD

I bet the added cost of security would have been too much. And a private citizen can't (I think) pay for the security detail of the president and from what I understand, even when they use the Secret Service (cause former president, current sec of state requires it), they're funding security out of their pocket.

Too many people would probably complain about tax payers moneys contributing to Chelsea's wedding. As it is right now, I think no tax money is going to pay for any part of this wedding.
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with Carrie.... she's going to have some beautiful pictures  and , can't wait to see them but then again, im a little celebrity crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards