Ohio-Cleveland

Running of the Brides

Is anyone going to Filene's Basement tomorrow to partake in the running of the brides?  I am curious about what kind of dresses they have and their website doesn't post anything really. 

I have my heart set on a dress from Private Label by G and it would be worth it for me to check out the sale if I knew that dress was there....

Has anyone ever been to a running of the brides sale and if so, do you remember what dress brands were there or what kind of dress you bought?  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Running of the Brides

• chefsteph8228chefsteph8228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    someone told me its 2nd hand dresses i dont know how true that is but thats what i heard.
    *CHEFSTEPH82*
  • clcandow07clcandow07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they are all sample dress or dresses that have been discontinued they don't post which ones because they vary by sale. I was thinking about going but it is too soon to shop for my gown I want to get in shape first but I did look into it. what is the worst thing that could happen you go and decide you dont like any of the gowns? then You shop elsewhere I say it is worth a look.
  • HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you go?  I went and had a blast with my friends and family!  We found my dream dress, an absolutely spotless couture ballgown!  Some of the dresses there were beat up but others were in mint condition.  I was so lucky!  Hope you were too! :)
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • cwilkowcwilkow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Found mine too, in fact I was the second one out the door!  Got a simple A-line by Demetrio's.  Seems like they had a lot of Demetrio's stuff there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • saraparasarapara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went around 2 pm once the madness died down.  There were still a lot of girls there trying dresses on, but it wasn't crazy.  I didn't find anything I liked, but I'm glad some of you were successful!  I think since I have basically two dresses in mind that I want, I was going to be hard to please!  Oh well, it was still interesting to go and see what it was all about!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ajackson08Ajackson08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my dream dress there. I went to the Filenes in chicago and they had beautiful dresses. A lot of brides were successful and found gowns. the dress was a Demetios.
  • cwilkowcwilkow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Ajackson08 - My mom checked into the Demetrio's at Legacy Village.  They told her that we can bring in the dress and walk the runway to try on accessories since it was actually a Demetrio's dress.  Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you were interested.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards